Virginia College Basketball Team Forfeits Game After Players Get Suspended For Kneeling During National Anthem

" Donor Contributions "

* They Will Not Be Missed *

Sure it does. F'rinstance if one of those basketball players ran off the court into the bleachers and started ramming a flagpole into the back of a spectator like a latter day Ty Cobb, that would be unacceptable. But ----------------------------- kneeling?
WHO is injured by the sight of someone kneeling? WHO?
A young woman being proposed marriage?
A king receiving a supplicant subject?
A god being prayed to?
WHO??
The school expects that its reputation be maintained and extracurricular activities are an extension of that representation whereby students are subject to those guidelines .

That school can and should take whatever positions it wants to. But that does NOT extend to requiring anybody wearing its logo to take the same positions.

Try reading the latest humdrum of employee guidelines from the average human resources about participation in outside activities , and pay attention to the harassment that private companies receive to promote token employees , to see that the orwellian big brother indirectly includes government but is most directly represented by private corporations .

Sorry "the average human resources" is not what we can call a "specific". You give me an example with details, and we'll break down its merits or lack thereof.

I'm not aware of any such overreaching guidelines from my own employer, although I did read something about requiring a drug test for employment. They never actually presented that as a requirement, but had they done so I was prepared to flatly refuse, as I always have, as everyone should ---- but again that never came up so the confrontation didn't either. So I have no actual personal example for comparison.

The simple facts are that sports figures are over paid actors and people would attend games for the want of having something to do , irrespective of whether players were supposed to be some greater than life athlete or drummed up to be some greater than life role model .

Sports figures, as "paid actors", are expected to act as athletes/players, and rightly so. They should be held to standards of sportsmanship and dedication to their game, and should be disciplined if those standards are not honored.

But acting as a paid puppet for a jingo song, or a fetish prayer, has zero to do with ANY sport. Period. That is completely outside the realm of athletics. The latter has the same relationship to the former as does a fish to a bicycle --- the bicycle company may want the visual for an ad, but that in no way requires the fish to provide it.

Forum List

Back