Vietnam comparison

My God---can you ever get over thinking so damn SMALL ? Did you really think this was all gonig to be over after Afghanistan ? Was Al queada planning on just sitting in Afghanistan until they were all killed? They are everywhere and they aren't stupid. We could have made a much easier case for attacking Iran. Would you have preferred that ?

Think for a moment. AQ attacked the US. The West attacked AQ in Afghanistan, where they were. It could have been a successful operation. But lo and behold, an incursion into Iraq was ordered. Iraq had nothing to do with AQ but it was invaded and occupied. The real threat was in the area of Pakistan/Afghanistan and the mllitary forces that should have been deployed in that region to apprehend/kill AQ was lessened because of the perceived need to attack Iraq, Iraq, which, admittedly was ruled by a brutal dictator. And just what connection did Saddam have with AQ? None. None at all.

My God---can you ever get over thinking so damn SMALL ? Did you really think this was all gonig to be over after Afghanistan ? Was Al queada planning on just sitting in Afghanistan until they were all killed? They are everywhere and they aren't stupid. We could have made a much easier case for attacking Iran. Would you have preferred that ?

:rofl:

In a disrespectful way. This whole post was fun!

Look at your words!
"My God---can you ever get over thinking so damn SMALL ? "
He happens to know some details, right?

"Did you really think this was all gonig to be over after Afghanistan ? "
Suppose you knew what was coming? You should have told those in power! What exactly is "this"?

"Was Al queada planning on just sitting in Afghanistan until they were all killed? They are everywhere and they aren't stupid."
They are everywhere!!! And Afghanistan starts with an "A" - hey you skipped B to H!

"We could have made a much easier case for attacking Iran. Would you have preferred that ?"
This is best! Who are you!?!

Do you enjoy being such a bigot? This is the really stupid over-generalized hatred that is the REAL problem.

How did I know you were going to turn this into a nit pick argument--do you know any terrorists in the Mideast who AREN'T Muslim ?

I dont think resolution in Iraq will bleed over into Israel/Palestine situation. I also dont think that everyone is convinced they will have to co-exist either. Already the settlements are making the two-state solution impossible. There isnt really enough left to create a palestinian state. The water issues havent made any headway at all, Israel controls all the water and the chances of them giving that up are looking to be at about ZERO.

There is the wall, the world bank plans on the palestinians becoming an "export" based economy as part of MEFTA etc make it clear that the powerful planners arent serious about a 2 state solution at all.

I think our credibilty is nil in the region and to get a successful resolution we would need cooperation from the region and to work in good faith. I dont think we are working in good faith and I dont think we have enough crediblity to get cooperation in the region. Of course then add in the mix all the corrupt govts in that region who all have their own agendas as well!
I don't know too much about Isreal/Palestine, but good conduct in Iraq will increase US credability all around.

How did I know you were going to turn this into a nit pick argument--do you know any terrorists in the Mideast who AREN'T Muslim ?

That is a bit silly. The ME is nearly entirely Muslim. It would be like saying "Do you know of any Columbian terrorists who aren't hispanic?"

You don't know that. Why do you refuse to believe that radical islamists are everywhere? AGAIN----how about Iran ?

I don't refuse to believe that radical Islamists are everywhere. I can't see how you arrived at that conclusion. I happen to believe that radical Islamists are all around us and that they should be dealt with.

Iran is a country that has many problems. It's s theocracy which is its first failing. It's a theocratic dictatorship, which is its second failing. It's very close to the al-Maliki government in Iraq. That's not necessarily a failing but it's an observation. The government of Iraq is pro-Shi'ite, pro-Iran. Hello? Is there a problem here?

Now, got something else?

It is---and our military presence there is vital. Iraq was the BEST place to establish a foothold.

Why is Iraq the best place to establish a foothold?

Besides the fact that the current conflict in Iraq is not exactly working out for us, why particulary need we be in Iraq. What is wrong with Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, the UAE, Quatar and Djibouti? I am sure it would have been easier (than fighting a war) to put a base in Ethiopia than fight a war.

I hope you aren't suggesting that we went to war to establish military bases? Tsskk, Tsskk. Why has the President not been honest with us about this? You must feel betrayed.

It is---and our military presence there is vital. Iraq was the BEST place to establish a foothold.

And you wonder why so many radicals are willing to aim at and kill americans right?

Gee I wonder how you would react to Iran establishing a military foothold in our region?

Why should the region have to accomodate such a thing?

I don't refuse to believe that radical Islamists are everywhere. I can't see how you arrived at that conclusion. I happen to believe that radical Islamists are all around us and that they should be dealt with.

Iran is a country that has many problems. It's s theocracy which is its first failing. It's a theocratic dictatorship, which is its second failing. It's very close to the al-Maliki government in Iraq. That's not necessarily a failing but it's an observation. The government of Iraq is pro-Shi'ite, pro-Iran. Hello? Is there a problem here?

Now, got something else?

Irans really big problems are the resource distribution. They have a serious poverty problem AND problems with drug addictions and prostitution. They are facing the same social problems many nations face and the govt just hasnt come through for them as promised...this is what truly threatens to become a full scale revolution.

America is actually HELPING the current leadership by creating a new enemy they must unite against.

If they were left alone to deal with their inner demons instead of having to spend too much time defending against outside demons...we would probably see better progress inside Iran.

And you wonder why so many radicals are willing to aim at and kill americans right?

Gee I wonder how you would react to Iran establishing a military foothold in our region?

Why should the region have to accomodate such a thing?

Sure I do-----they CRAVE martydom. It's the perfect chance for them to make it to heaven.

The region must accomodate such a thing because they can't play without killing people in other regions. If they wanna just kill each other in their own little world, thats there business. Ther problem is-----THEY WANNA KILL OR CONVERT YOU. Just ask any of em.

Okay, if what you meant by that is that there is at least one Islamic terrorist on each of these continents, I agree with you.

Scientologists are everywhere too. I find them nearly as scary.

right--thats what I meant---1 terrorist on each continent--don't be so silly.

Okay, if what you meant by that is that there is at least one Islamic terrorist on each of these continents, I agree with you.

Scientologists are everywhere too. I find them nearly as scary.

I find radical Christians and Jews just as frightening. Extremists control the conflicts because we have extremists in charge all over the world really....unless populations in the respective countries deal with their own extremist govts, we probably wont make any real headway.

I find our own american govt to be quite extremist, so is Israels. Between them they represent quite a bit of military might and power and are racking up their body counts as well.

right--thats what I meant---1 terrorist on each continent--don't be so silly.

Maybe it would help if you clarified what you meant by "everywhere." Are you speaking geographically? Demographically? Demographically at what concentration?

What exactly are you saying?

Forum List

Back