Video: Texas Pastor Tells Children in Mall That Santa Doesn't Exist

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
I don't support him doing this, he is exploiting the children for his message. If you want to speak your message to their parents that's one thing but why bring kids into this? What they tell their kids is their business, there no law that says people have to believe in God. Regardless, I thought it was interesting.

https://ca.yahoo.com/news/video-texas-pastor-tells-children-in-mall-that-141144919.html

David Grisham is a preacher for Last Frontier Evangelism, a non-profit organization based in Anchorage, Alaska, that claims to “take the gospel of Jesus Christ to the Last Frontier (Alaska).”

For the holiday season, this apparently involves telling children “the truth” about Santa Claus – that he is not real. Grisham shared a video on Facebook on December 10 of himself in a shopping mall in Amarillo, Texas, walking up and down a line of parents with their children waiting to see Santa, and telling them repeatedly that their parents are lying and that Santa is not real.

Several people come over to Grisham and tell him to be quiet, and he ultimately starts to walk away from them, after engaging one in a spirited debate over whether or not he is allowed to tell the children “the truth.”

I don't support him doing this, he is exploiting the children for his message. If you want to speak your message to their parents that's one thing but why bring kids into this? What they tell their kids is their business, there no law that says people have to believe in God. Regardless, I thought it was interesting.

https://ca.yahoo.com/news/video-texas-pastor-tells-children-in-mall-that-141144919.html

David Grisham is a preacher for Last Frontier Evangelism, a non-profit organization based in Anchorage, Alaska, that claims to “take the gospel of Jesus Christ to the Last Frontier (Alaska).”

For the holiday season, this apparently involves telling children “the truth” about Santa Claus – that he is not real. Grisham shared a video on Facebook on December 10 of himself in a shopping mall in Amarillo, Texas, walking up and down a line of parents with their children waiting to see Santa, and telling them repeatedly that their parents are lying and that Santa is not real.

Several people come over to Grisham and tell him to be quiet, and he ultimately starts to walk away from them, after engaging one in a spirited debate over whether or not he is allowed to tell the children “the truth.”
Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny and the Tooth Fairy are a whole lot more real than that phantom entity in the clouds that he claims to believe in.

Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny and the Tooth Fairy are a whole lot more real than that phantom entity in the clouds that he claims to believe in.

Well than you are no different than him I suppose, except you aren't speaking to kids about it, hah.

That's why it's called Faith. I have enough questions about the universe (and it's creation) and life to have such faith in an Almighty Being. Doesn't mean I'm not open to discussion and I certainly don't preach to others, I'm more of "to each their own" in the libertarian vein of life. The way I see it, I'm the one who has to die when it's time for me to die, as with others. We can all believe what we choose to.

My wife and I still do Easter Egg hunts, SOMEONE puts those eggs there! Futhermore, I still have never received an answer as to why my tooth was replaced with a quarter underneath my pillow when I was a kid :D

I wonder how he would like it if someone did the same as he did; only telling kids that Jesus is not G-d?

Well than you are no different than him I suppose, except you aren't speaking to kids about it, hah.
Oh, I'm sure I am a lot different than him, and the fact that I am not speaking to kids is actually the whole point of it.

I would never go around telling kids there isn't a god, Santa Claus, Easter Bunny or Tooth Fairy.

Grisham is accomplishing nothing more than being a party pooper. The kids standing in line already know Santa does not exist.

Forum List

Back