Video: Mliton Friedman on the Redistribution of Wealth

Basically he was 98% Austrian and 2 % Keynesian.

And his great brainchild, the earned income tax credit, which he called the negative income tax, falls in which category? And does that officially make him the Godfather of the 47%? "Personal responsibility", my ass! Your historical revisionism borders on the delusional.

Look, you say you don't agree with Friedman on many issues. That's OK. I can't find anyone who agreed with him all the time. But lose the wide-eyed worshipful tone when you are going to bail every time you don't like his reasoning, and stop trying to recreate his beliefs in a manner he clearly opposed so you can use his name to support policies he abhorred.

And his great brainchild, the earned income tax credit, which he called the negative income tax, falls in which category? And does that officially make him the Godfather of the 47%? "Personal responsibility", my ass! Your historical revisionism borders on the delusional.

Look, you say you don't agree with Friedman on many issues. That's OK. I can't find anyone who agreed with him all the time. But lose the wide-eyed worshipful tone when you are going to bail every time you don't like his reasoning, and stop trying to recreate his beliefs in a manner he clearly opposed so you can use his name to support policies he abhorred.

The things I look to with MF are his views on Governments role in our lives, not the FEDR. As I proved his views on the FEDR changed during his life as he saw the colossal failures of that system.

You can feel free to revise history if you feel the need to. It's clearly obtainable information to see MF change his position on the FedR, you not wanting to accept that is your choice.

If you really believe MF would support the US Government running a 1.something trillion dollar deficit every year while simultaneously having the FedR inject 1.something trillion a year in stimulus you are clearly not trying to represent MF's views honestly.

But feel free to defend Bush and his Republican congress's spending habits.... Or wait, you're an Obama fan, so hate Bush and Reps for doing 100% the same economic policies you praise Obama for doing.

The things I look to with MF are his views on Governments role in our lives, not the FEDR. As I proved his views on the FEDR changed during his life as he saw the colossal failures of that system.

You can feel free to revise history if you feel the need to. It's clearly obtainable information to see MF change his position on the FedR, you not wanting to accept that is your choice.

If you really believe MF would support the US Government running a 1.something trillion dollar deficit every year while simultaneously having the FedR inject 1.something trillion a year in stimulus you are clearly not trying to represent MF's views honestly.

But feel free to defend Bush and his Republican congress's spending habits.... Or wait, you're an Obama fan, so hate Bush and Reps for doing 100% the same economic policies you praise Obama for doing.

He didn't change his views on the money supply problem. He simply pointed out the obvious limitations of relying on people to make good choices. There was no real alternative.

Forum List

Back