Very warm, no modern day trees, no ice, high seas

So of the thousands of dino (and mammalian) species, only a few survived. I don't understand why we're worried about climate change, a few of us will probably survive.
Have you ever considered that it's perfectly natural for species to go extinct? Something like 99.997% of all species have gone extinct. I'm pretty sure we won't be the exception.

You should be more scared of a cooling planet than a warming planet.

So of the thousands of dino (and mammalian) species, only a few survived. I don't understand why we're worried about climate change, a few of us will probably survive.

Most of us. We have more land available than the dinosaurs did. It is spaced all over the planet so there will always be a land area that is nice.

In other words, climate change hysteria is for morons.

This climate hysteria video outlines our pending doom at 3c increase. I wish we could find the dinosaur's secret on how to flourish in 4c increased temperature.

It was a elegant paper, published at a time when the science was pretty much unknown. Now, however, the science IS known, and it is known to be a failed theory. Only the religious nutters, and the politicians who want power are still pushing it.
LOL Only the whole of the AGU and the GSA disagree with you. By the way, I am still waiting for your presentation at the annual AGU meeting disproving the present climate science. LOL

LOL Only the whole of the AGU and the GSA disagree with you. By the way, I am still waiting for your presentation at the annual AGU meeting disproving the present climate science. LOL

Who cares. Appeals to Authority are logic fails pursued by morons.

Hello moron.

Watching a video on the Chicxulub asteroid and at the 3:00 mark, very interesting to hear that the planet was very warm, no modern day trees and too warm for ice to remain at the poles. Oh, and sea levels some 200 metres higher.

So why the discrepancy with the climate scientists of today? Why the claim of pending doom and gloom?

Can any climate alarmist here explain?

The asteroid was caused by global warming

Co2 was 2,400ppm (today's is 440), temperatures averaged 4c higher, oxygen was about 3 times the concentration and sea levels were 200 metres higher than today due to no ice at either pole.

Yet, as we trickle over 440ppm co2, 1.02c temperature increase, sea level rise in the last century of 6 1⁄2 – 8 1⁄2 inches, why the prediction of pending doom and gloom in a matter of a handful of decades? Does anyone know why?

To redistribute wealth, the IPCC said so

Have you ever considered that it's perfectly natural for species to go extinct? Something like 99.997% of all species have gone extinct. I'm pretty sure we won't be the exception.
I thought you were a Christian and God gave the Earth to man?

You should be more scared of a cooling planet than a warming planet.
When it comes to climate, any chance is bad news. I'll be just fine and so will my family, we live well in a very rich, very powerful country. It is the farmers in Bangladesh that barely scratch out a living that will be affected.

I thought you were a Christian and God gave the Earth to man?

When it comes to climate, any chance is bad news. I'll be just fine and so will my family, we live well in a very rich, very powerful country. It is the farmers in Bangladesh that barely scratch out a living that will be affected.
Is that what you believe that I believe makes me a Christian? That God gave Earth to man? I don't read the first two chapters of Genesis literally like some do... and apparently like you do. It should be self evident that man is unlike any other creature on the planet; that man stands apart. Man is a being that knows and creates. I don't read much more into it than that as far as man's place on the planet.

To be a Christian one only need to believe that God so loved man that He chose to be born into this world to testify to the truth and suffer death to reconcile justice with mercy. After all it's not like you don't put God on trial every day anyway. He just beat you to the punch is all.

No, when it comes to climate any change isn't bad news. Some changes aren't bad at all and some changes are much much worse. Specifically a 3,000 meter thick sheet of ice over a fair portion of the northern hemisphere displacing 250 million people and wiping every structure in its path clean off the face of the earth. Which by the way has occurred like 33 times over the last 3 million years.

Most of us. We have more land available than the dinosaurs did. It is spaced all over the planet so there will always be a land area that is nice.
"Most of us" meaning you.

In other words, climate change hysteria is for morons.
And for people that worry how a changing climate will affect those without the resources to adapt.

Is that what you believe that I believe makes me a Christian? That God gave Earth to man? I don't read the first two chapters of Genesis literally like some do... and apparently like you do. It should be self evident that man is unlike any other creature on the planet; that man stands apart. Man is a being that knows and creates. I don't read much more into it than that as far as man's place on the planet.

To be a Christian one only need to believe that God so loved man that He chose to be born into this world to testify to the truth and suffer death to reconcile justice with mercy. After all it's not like you don't put God on trial every day anyway. He just beat you to the punch is all.

No, when it comes to climate any change isn't bad news. Some changes aren't bad at all and some changes are much much worse. Specifically a 3,000 meter thick sheet of ice over a fair portion of the northern hemisphere displacing 250 million people and wiping every structure in its path clean off the face of the earth. Which by the way has occurred like 33 times over the last 3 million years.
I thought you were one who believes the universe is constructed to create intelligence? If we go extinct will the universe be judged a failure?

"Most of us" meaning you.

And for people that worry how a changing climate will affect those without the resources to adapt.

You worry over nothing. If you were even semi sentient you would do some reading of your own and you would find that historically, and there is a lot of history to be read, that when it was warmer than today, it was better.

Every period of human cultural advancement occurred during a warming period. Times when the temps were two, to three degrees warmer than now.

You idiots bleat about warming as though it is some sort of terrible thing because you are uneducated, stupid, anti science religious nutters.

Grow up.

You worry over nothing. If you were even semi sentient you would do some reading of your own and you would find that historically, and there is a lot of history to be read, that when it was warmer than today, it was better.

Every period of human cultural advancement occurred during a warming period. Times when the temps were two, to three degrees warmer than now.

You idiots bleat about warming as though it is some sort of terrible thing because you are uneducated, stupid, anti science religious nutters.

Grow up.
Species will survive, individuals will die. Some of us care about individuals, some don't.

It waited for 13 billion years and we're gone in the blink of an eye? Why bother?
So what you are saying is that you expect God to do some magic for ya like a show pony. You have a hard eye. Seems kinda backwards to me, but you do you.

Forum List

Back