Verizon is Slow Walking Emails With Gun Pics?

JimBowie1958

Old Fogey
Sep 25, 2011
My wife emailed me three pics of a gun I am trying to sell and 30 minutes later Verizon is still not showing it in my GMail.

Anyone else have this problem before?

Yep. Google has intelligence. Google has issued warnings of police activity, and chosen to censor pictures of the guns, rather than allow the guns themselves to be confiscated if they are seen to be illegally possessed on the internet in "interstate or foreign commerce."

My wife emailed me three pics of a gun I am trying to sell and 30 minutes later Verizon is still not showing it in my GMail.

Quit whining. After February, we'll probably be by to pick up your guns anyway.

Quit whining. After February, we'll probably be getting shot in the face while trying to pick up your guns anyway.

Fixed that for you. You're very welcome.

Imagine the processing power required to scan every single attachment of every single email that goes though your network to identify pictures of guns. Including every video file that might have a movie clip attached where a character uses a gun.

I'm not saying it's not possible ... but, WHY ON EARTH ... would anyone go through the trouble and the massive expense?

Quit whining. After February, we'll probably be getting shot in the face while trying to pick up your guns anyway.

No problem. Your silly posts are being catalogued too. They will help determine which FEMA prison you will be put in.

Imagine the processing power required to scan every single attachment of every single email that goes though your network to identify pictures of guns. Including every video file that might have a movie clip attached where a character uses a gun.

I'm not saying it's not possible ... but, WHY ON EARTH ... would anyone go through the trouble and the massive expense?

A better question would be how crazy does someone have to be to think that is actually being done.

Well, they would reduce a lot of that load by doing keyword triggers on titles that have the word 'gun' in them, I would guess.

And as to 'why'?

They are insane, they have no why.

No problem. Your silly posts are being catalogued too. They will help determine which FEMA prison you will be put in.

That scenario exists only in your feeble little mind. If you're hoping for any serious firearms legislation from a Biden/Harris administration, you're barking up the wrong tree, doggie.

First off, we still control the Senate. a Biden/Harris administration would be hamstrung right out of the gate, as no laws get passed unless they're passed by the Senate.

Second, a Biden/Harris administration is nothing more than a reboot of the Obama administration. They have nothing new to add, except for the same old tired policies we saw from 2008-2012. And if you remember correctly, Barack Obama did absolutely nothing in the way of firearms legislation. Even while the Democrats had control of both the House and Senate, he did absolutely nothing.

Then there's you little problem of a conservative-majority Supreme Court. The same court that would strike down anything that resembles an infringement on the Second Amendment.

In other words, you Democrats are pretty much impotent.

:auiqs.jpg::laughing0301::lmao:

Well, they would reduce a lot of that load by doing keyword triggers on titles that have the word 'gun' in them, I would guess.

Which is why all my emails, including work emails, contain the subject line ...

"Dirty Bomb Ready for Deployment".

I also like to work in the phrase, "Weapons-grade Plutonium", if I can.

Which is why all my emails, including work emails, contain the subject line ...
"Dirty Bomb Ready for Deployment".
I also like to work in the phrase, "Weapons-grade Plutonium", if I can.

Why, I bet you are really popular in all the finest NSA databases! :D

I do it because I am so forgetful that I might accidentally delete it not remembering what evasive title I gave it.

They use metadata associated with the picture, sometimes direct, and sometimes combined with proximity texts.
Money ... Why do you think they have pretty much marketed cell phones as disposable goods?
Why on Earth ... Because they can ... Not being snarky, and it's really because they can.

Forum List

Back