Vegans! What do you think of them?

The few Vegans that I have known act like they are somehow morally and ethically superior to everyone else just because they don't eat meat. That by not eating meat vegans have reached a higher level of awareness and tranquility. Basically, that not eating meat allows you to evolve into a perfect human being.

Well guess who was the worlds most famous life long vegan?

Adolph Hitler

Where the hell did you get that information? I don't remember reading it in Mein Kampf.

Yes I have read it, along with that other unholy book, the Quran. :badgrin:

The few vegans I've known have never been more than 30 miles from the city.

I really don't care what people eat, and find a vegan lifestyle interesting. But the whole "morality" thing just wipes me out.

Exactly. Of the few Vegans I know, it is almost a religion.

When my kids decided to go vegetarian, I warned them not to become carnivore haters. They are pretty good about that. In fact, we had an interesting fish soup the other night that was made with chicken stock. My older son and his girlfriend both ate it. They knew it wouldn't kill them or send them to hell.

Hitler as a vegetarian

According to stenographic transcripts translated by Hugh Trevor-Roper of conversations between Hitler and his inner circle which took place between July 1941 and November 1944, Hitler regarded himself as a vegetarian. These conversations were gathered together under the title Hitler's Table Talk. Written notes taken at the time were transcribed and then were edited by Martin Bormann.

According to these transcripts dated November 11, 1941 Hitler said, "One may regret living at a period when it's impossible to form an idea of the shape the world of the future will assume. But there's one thing I can predict to eaters of meat: the world of the future will be vegetarian." On January 12, 1942, he said, "The only thing of which I shall be incapable is to share the sheiks' mutton with them. I'm a vegetarian, and they must spare me from their meat."

In private conversations, Hitler often recited the benefits of eating raw vegetables, fruit, and grains, particularly for children and soldiers. In an attempt to disgust dinner guests and provoke them into shying away from meat, he reportedly told graphic stories of visits he had made to a slaughterhouse in Ukraine.

Adolf Hitler's vegetarianism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited:
Hitler as a vegetarian

According to stenographic transcripts translated by Hugh Trevor-Roper of conversations between Hitler and his inner circle which took place between July 1941 and November 1944, Hitler regarded himself as a vegetarian. These conversations were gathered together under the title Hitler's Table Talk. Written notes taken at the time were transcribed and then were edited by Martin Bormann.

According to these transcripts dated November 11, 1941 Hitler said, "One may regret living at a period when it's impossible to form an idea of the shape the world of the future will assume. But there's one thing I can predict to eaters of meat: the world of the future will be vegetarian." On January 12, 1942, he said, "The only thing of which I shall be incapable is to share the sheiks' mutton with them. I'm a vegetarian, and they must spare me from their meat."

In private conversations, Hitler often recited the benefits of eating raw vegetables, fruit, and grains, particularly for children and soldiers. In an attempt to disgust dinner guests and provoke them into shying away from meat, he reportedly told graphic stories of visits he had made to a slaughterhouse in Ukraine.

Adolf Hitler's vegetarianism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Lack of protein makes people more malleable.

I eat whatever I want- meat, chicken, fish, eggs, vegetables, fruit, cheese, ....BACON!!! Humans are omnivores, we can eat it all.

Now, if you want to place some limitations on yourself and be "vegan", good for you. Just don't be a sanctimonious asshole about it....

Hmm.

I feel sad that the majority here are saying vegans think they are perfect people and think they are better than everybody else. Some do, yes. But there are many others who don't hate anybody, and just want to get along in the world like everyone else. I hope to be able to show people (from my posting style and personality) that I'm a nice vegan. :)

And again, if anyone has any questions about the lifestyle, feel free to ask. I will always answer to the best of my ability. On the flipside, if you have no interest at all, that's fine too. Up to you 100%.

Hmm.

I feel sad that the majority here are saying vegans think they are perfect people and think they are better than everybody else. Some do, yes. But there are many others who don't hate anybody, and just want to get along in the world like everyone else. I hope to be able to show people (from my posting style and personality) that I'm a nice vegan. :)

And again, if anyone has any questions about the lifestyle, feel free to ask. I will always answer to the best of my ability. On the flipside, if you have no interest at all, that's fine too. Up to you 100%.

I suspect that there are a few vocal vegans who have made themselves unpleasant and obnoxious and unfortunately made an unfavorable impression on the rest of us. Perhaps you will grant that the same applies to every other group that is condemned for the poor behavior of a few in their groups.

Hmm.

You seem like a nice person who is not constantly proselytizing about the evils of non-vegans......that is a plus.

.....but ....................

you did choose "VeganMe" as your user name.....to me that indicates that you are emotionally attached to your decision. It also shows that you place a significant value on your "Vegan" lifestyle....that could easily morph into a obnoxious displays of moral superiority that is often demonstrated by Vegans, Electric Car owners, and dedicated practitioners of Yoga....:lol:

the jury is still out, but we'll be watching!!! :lol:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqqGZBRBLcM"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqqGZBRBLcM[/ame]

:lol:

Hmm.

You seem like a nice person who is not constantly proselytizing about the evils of non-vegans......that is a plus.

you did choose "VeganMe" as your user name.....to me that indicates that you are emotionally attached to your decision. It also shows that you place a significant value on your "Vegan" lifestyle....that could easily morph into a obnoxious displays of moral superiority that is often demonstrated by Vegans, Electric Car owners, and dedicated practitioners of Yoga....:lol:

Thanks for saying I seem nice. That puts a smile on my face. :) As for choosing "VeganMe" as my UN...the reason I joined this site was to talk to someone who seems to value the lifestyle like I do. And yes, I do value vaganism.

If I didn't, I never would have become one. But if someone else tells me they won't become vegan, I'm not going to argue with them about it or get angry. I value America for its freedom of speech and choice and just as I have made my choice, others are free to make their own.

Spreading awareness of something you feel passionate about is a good thing, IMO, as long as you don't get preachy or talk down to people.

Hmm.

I'm willing to give her/him the benefit of the doubt. Thus far, he/she has been fairly decent but there seems to be an element of excitement, perhaps from having made a fairly important life decision?

^This sums it up well. :) I'm very excited about my decision because it does feel important to me. I feel like sharing what I know with people who may be interested to learn.

^This sums it up well. :) I'm very excited about my decision because it does feel important to me. I feel like sharing what I know with people who may be interested to learn.

Feel free to share. Just expect sharing in return. I am rather a purist when it comes to food, although I draw no veggie/meat lines. I'm pretty displeased with big agri-business and the pure trash they are allowed to sell to the public as "nutritional" food. It's filler. But agri-business is represented by the best government they can buy.
P.S. if you want more information on what OWG plans for our food resources (affecting plant-based foodstuffs as well as meat), check out a couple of these sites:

this one is the official website and provide the official propaganda:
CODEX Alimentarius: Home

This is one of the better sites that spell out the real goals of the Codex Alimentarius:
Codex Alimentarius - the REAL threat to World health

There are others, just google "Codex Alimentarius" and wade through a few yourself.

I agree that people can eat whatever they want. Its just when you have nutters like PETA out there, yelling abuse and throwing paint or flour on people, that make vegans look like a bunch of terrorists.

I wish every vegan would distance themselves from PETA because the group serves no purpose at all but to vilify everyone who chooses to eat meat.

@ California - I am a vegan because I don't want to support (with my dollar) the meat and dairy industries, which are known for treating their animals very cruelly and inhumanely. I also don't want anything to have to die for me to eat it. I can eat other things. :)

You do know that other lifeforms still die in order for you to eat.

Lifeforms such as plants, fungi(Oh--I love mushrooms, by the way) and certain micro-organisms as well.

Also, add in the fact that many nuts and fruits are the immature forms of plants, and you are literally stealing the food from, or eating, the babies of other living things!!

Tell me--is it because the other stuff can't scream is the reason you don't think about their lives? Cows can scream and communicate pain--but the Banana just sit while its skin is peeled back and its innards torn to bits. Is that really considered ok?

By the way--there are only a few living things that can consume with out the need to kill another lifeform. We humans are naturally not one of those lifeforms.

140x90_pulling_carrots.jpg

Arrgghhhhh! Owwwwwwww! Ahhhhhhhh!

The silence of the carrots.

veganme, have you considered becoming a Jainist?
Go big or go home!!
Jains are vegetarians. They avoid eating root vegetables in general, as cutting root from a plant kills it unlike other parts of the plant (leaf, fruit, seed, etc.). Furthermore, according to Jain texts, root vegetables contain infinite microorganisms called nigodas. Followers of Jain dharma eat before the night falls. They filter water regularly so as to remove any small insects that may be present and boil water prior to consumption.

Forum List

Back