Vanishing Glaciers Of The Greater Himalaya - Photographic evidence

And that sums you up perfectly.

Post a single lie I've ever uttered then. I made the same challenge to olfraud over a year ago and the MENSA BOY hasn't been able to post one.

Sure...a couple of posts ago...LOL....you retarded liar.

the IPCC has been lying through their ass!

Good point to his lie then...

You know like I pointed out what a tool you are posting to aggregated links you don't even go to...

Why do you force people to go through all kinds of who knows what or where to check on what you post? You trying to get people a PC infection or something? Do they go to some kind of malware or spyware you are pushing? Or are you behind a proxy? Why are you behind a proxy? Hiding something? Other than multiple identities?

Why did your link imply an article when it was someones interpretation of a video? Why did you not just post or link to the video directly?

Trolling blunder you sir are nothing more than a run of the mill internet phony. you make money sending people through all those redirects or what?

Troll, I am WAY too detail oriented to let shit like this go. Best to start posting legit here...

PEOPLE!

DO NOT FOLLOW TROLLINGBLUNDERS LINKS!

They are aggregated through a third party. Be it due to his hiding behind a proxy (or mutliples of ) to hide something like multiple identities, or a news headline aggregating service or software, the fact is his links send you through multiple redirects to who knows where or what. Thats is why his links often stop working. Its possible he just grabs links directly from a google search but the length of his URL's tell me its something more.

This is completely unsafe, unreliable, and unnecessary. A sample of his link..

"http://api.viglink.com/api/click?format=go&drKey=773&loc=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.usm essageboard.com%2Fenvironment%2F189019-vanishing-glaciers-of-the-greater-himalaya-photographic-evidence.html&v=1&libid=1318560941164&out=http%3A% 2F%2Fwww.bbc.co.uk%2Fnews%2Fworld-south-asia-15216875&ref=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.usmessageboard.com%2 Fenvironment%2F&title=Vanishing%20Glaciers%20Of%20 The%20Greater%20Himalaya%20-%20Photographic%20evidence%20-%20US%20Message%20Board%20-%20Political%20Discussion%20Forum&txt=Rivers%20of% 20ice%3A%20Vanishing%20glaciers&jsonp=vglnk_jsonp_ 13185609700192"

and now an actual link to that video..

"www.bbc.co.uk%2Fnews%2Fworld-south-asia"

See the problem? yeah his links are usually like that. I cannot stress enough how unsafe it is to follow links like those.. You don't know where they go, why they go there, or what you may be inadvertently picking up on the way.

Post a single lie I've ever uttered then. I made the same challenge to olfraud over a year ago and the MENSA BOY hasn't been able to post one.

the IPCC has been lying through their ass!

You know like I pointed out what a tool you are posting to aggregated links you don't even go to...

Why do you force people to go through all kinds of who knows what or where to check on what you post? You trying to get people a PC infection or something? Do they go to some kind of malware or spyware you are pushing? Or are you behind a proxy? Why are you behind a proxy? Hiding something? Other than multiple identities?

Why did your link imply an article when it was someones interpretation of a video? Why did you not just post or link to the video directly?

Trolling blunder you sir are nothing more than a run of the mill internet phony. you make money sending people through all those redirects or what?

Troll, I am WAY too detail oriented to let shit like this go. Best to start posting legit here...

He can't. His head is so far in rectal defilade all he see's is brown.

Anthropogenic global warming is melting the world's glaciers at increasing rates. This poses some grave dangers to the vast populations around the world who are dependent on glacial melt water feeding into the river systems as a supply of water for drinking and agriculture in the dry summer months. The glaciers of the Himalayas are mostly shrinking rapidly and these glaciers are the source of water for hundreds of millions of people in India and China. Some mountaineer photographers recently took current photos of many glaciers from the same spots that photos were taken many decades ago, showing the changes in the ice very clearly. Take a look.

Rivers of ice: Vanishing glaciers
Stunning images from high in the Himalayas - showing the extent by which many glaciers have shrunk in the past 80 years or so - have gone on display at the Royal Geographical Society in central London.

10 October 2011

Wait a minute... Your article states that glaciers melting due to AGW is causing a shortage of water??????
No moron, AGW does not cause a shortage of water, except in areas like our Southwest where it is involved in the severe and extended drought, but obviously you are once again too damn retarded to understand plain English and simple explanations, as was given in that article. Not the article, which is all pictures, in the post you just linked to because apparently you're too stupid to even quote the article you want to talk about, but this other one from a few posts ago - CLIMATE CHANGE: Not all Himalayan glaciers are melting - which said: "Changes in glacier ice or snow-melt affect the glacier’s storage capacity, and the flow of water downstream."

How the hell is more meaning less? What kind of messed up twisted bleeding heart "its bad cause i said so" anti-logic is that? If the ice melts it makes more water. What is it suddenly not going to create more ice in winter?
Since anything more than 'tic-tac-toe' is beyond your capacity, slackjawed, it is not surprising that you are completely baffled by something even this simple. Let's try it again with no big word to confuse you. Mountain glaciers are hard frozen ice and only gradually and slowly lose ice as meltwater in the warmer months. They gain back some ice mass in the winter. The accumulated snowfall in the colder months freezes a bit harder when it is on top of the glacial ice than when it is on rock. The glaciers are very thick compared to the depth of ordinary snowfall. With higher average temperatures and without the glaciers being present, winter snowfall will tend to mostly or entirely melt off in the spring, creating even more severe flood risks in many places, and leaving no water in the mountains to feed the streams and rivers (and the humans and the plants and the animals) in the summer months. Result: millions of starving climate refugees, wars over resources, economic and social collapse in many parts of the world.

Blunder your links continue to go down... Why in the hell do you keep posting links from third party aggregating software? Are you aware the actual use of those is to go to the site and actually link it there if you want to link to it? The reason being the long list of redirects it takes to get to it through the software makes the link generated for it unstable. In other words if you link to it through third party software like you do, it has to go through all kinds of added hyperlinks, ads, spyware, and other garbage to get there, and just one of those links times out and it fails.. Got it?

here is the way your link looks in text.

"http://api.viglink.com/api/click?format=go&drKey=773&loc=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.usmessageboard.com%2Fenvironment%2F189019-vanishing-glaciers-of-the-greater-himalaya-photographic-evidence.html&v=1&libid=1318560941164&out=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.bbc.co.uk%2Fnews%2Fworld-south-asia-15216875&ref=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.usmessageboard.com%2Fenvironment%2F&title=Vanishing%20Glaciers%20Of%20The%20Greater%20Himalaya%20-%20Photographic%20evidence%20-%20US%20Message%20Board%20-%20Political%20Discussion%20Forum&txt=Rivers%20of%20ice%3A%20Vanishing%20glaciers&jsonp=vglnk_jsonp_13185609700192"

just look at that shit... Where the hell is it going? who the hell knows. why doesn't it go directly to the site? Because people like you want to use a piece of spyware, web tracking garbage to do your work for you rather than go and look and post it for yourself. Lazy assholes can't even post a simple link on their own..
You really are quite crazy. My links work fine. Anyone can go to the OP and hit 'quote' and see that you are full of shit. Anyone who is doubtful about the severity of ol' slackjawed's insanity should go and do just that. The link on the article there is very short and goes directly to the BBC site. I have no idea where you dredged up all that garbage but it must be on your computer. Are you on unfriendly drugs again tonight or is this just your normal confused insanity?

He can't. His head is so far in rectal defilade all he see's is brown.

hahahaha snort hahaha. rectal defilade! classic

Anthropogenic global warming is melting the world's glaciers at increasing rates. This poses some grave dangers to the vast populations around the world who are dependent on glacial melt water feeding into the river systems as a supply of water for drinking and agriculture in the dry summer months. The glaciers of the Himalayas are mostly shrinking rapidly and these glaciers are the source of water for hundreds of millions of people in India and China. Some mountaineer photographers recently took current photos of many glaciers from the same spots that photos were taken many decades ago, showing the changes in the ice very clearly. Take a look.

Rivers of ice: Vanishing glaciers
Stunning images from high in the Himalayas - showing the extent by which many glaciers have shrunk in the past 80 years or so - have gone on display at the Royal Geographical Society in central London.

10 October 2011

Wait a minute... Your article states that glaciers melting due to AGW is causing a shortage of water??????
No moron, AGW does not cause a shortage of water, except in areas like our Southwest where it is involved in the severe and extended drought, but obviously you are once again too damn retarded to understand plain English and simple explanations, as was given in that article. Not the article, which is all pictures, in the post you just linked to because apparently you're too stupid to even quote the article you want to talk about, but this other one from a few posts ago - CLIMATE CHANGE: Not all Himalayan glaciers are melting - which said: "Changes in glacier ice or snow-melt affect the glacier’s storage capacity, and the flow of water downstream."

How the hell is more meaning less? What kind of messed up twisted bleeding heart "its bad cause i said so" anti-logic is that? If the ice melts it makes more water. What is it suddenly not going to create more ice in winter?
Since anything more than 'tic-tac-toe' is beyond your capacity, slackjawed, it is not surprising that you are completely baffled by something even this simple. Let's try it again with no big word to confuse you. Mountain glaciers are hard frozen ice and only gradually and slowly lose ice as meltwater in the warmer months. They gain back some ice mass in the winter. The accumulated snowfall in the colder months freezes a bit harder when it is on top of the glacial ice than when it is on rock. The glaciers are very thick compared to the depth of ordinary snowfall. With higher average temperatures and without the glaciers being present, winter snowfall will tend to mostly or entirely melt off in the spring, creating even more severe flood risks in many places, and leaving no water in the mountains to feed the streams and rivers (and the humans and the plants and the animals) in the summer months. Result: millions of starving climate refugees, wars over resources, economic and social collapse in many parts of the world.

Blunder your links continue to go down... Why in the hell do you keep posting links from third party aggregating software? Are you aware the actual use of those is to go to the site and actually link it there if you want to link to it? The reason being the long list of redirects it takes to get to it through the software makes the link generated for it unstable. In other words if you link to it through third party software like you do, it has to go through all kinds of added hyperlinks, ads, spyware, and other garbage to get there, and just one of those links times out and it fails.. Got it?

here is the way your link looks in text.

"http://api.viglink.com/api/click?format=go&drKey=773&loc=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.usmessageboard.com%2Fenvironment%2F189019-vanishing-glaciers-of-the-greater-himalaya-photographic-evidence.html&v=1&libid=1318560941164&out=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.bbc.co.uk%2Fnews%2Fworld-south-asia-15216875&ref=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.usmessageboard.com%2Fenvironment%2F&title=Vanishing%20Glaciers%20Of%20The%20Greater%20Himalaya%20-%20Photographic%20evidence%20-%20US%20Message%20Board%20-%20Political%20Discussion%20Forum&txt=Rivers%20of%20ice%3A%20Vanishing%20glaciers&jsonp=vglnk_jsonp_13185609700192"

just look at that shit... Where the hell is it going? who the hell knows. why doesn't it go directly to the site? Because people like you want to use a piece of spyware, web tracking garbage to do your work for you rather than go and look and post it for yourself. Lazy assholes can't even post a simple link on their own..
You really are quite crazy. My links work fine. Anyone can go to the OP and hit 'quote' and see that you are full of shit. Anyone who is doubtful about the severity of ol' slackjawed's insanity should go and do just that. The link on the article there is very short and goes directly to the BBC site. I have no idea where you dredged up all that garbage but it must be on your computer. Are you on unfriendly drugs again tonight or is this just your normal confused insanity?

Nice try liar, but the link shows the redirects only when there is a failure in one of them. I run a good bit of security on here for my work, and one of the reasons your links fail a great deal of the time with me in particular is due to those security measures i run. If there are too many redirects mine says screw that won't continue.

Why is your link a mile long when it fails? You know it now don't ya tool.. Best make sure you link to the articles properly from now on, because screwing around like you have been can piss off bandwidth-minded forum servers.

I'll go with Indian sources for things happening in India over your proven lying sources any day of the week. Remember MENSA BOY once a liar allways a liar and the IPCC has been lying through their ass! No wonder you suck them off all the time.

Wonderful. Walleyes states that the USGS is lying. They employ real geologists for the USGS, Walleyes. You know, people that actually study rocks and glaciers.

once a liar allways(sic) a liar

And that sums you up perfectly.

Dumb ass, you have been proven a liar repeatedly. Just one statement, "the last ten years has cooled". Yet, by everyone's record, the last decade has been the warmest one on record. It cooled, but it's the warmest one on record? You are a liar.

USGS Release: Glaciers Retreating in Asia (8/25/2010 10:33:00 AM)

Many of Asia’s glaciers are retreating as a result of climate change.

This retreat impacts water supplies to millions of people, increases the likelihood of outburst floods that threaten life and property in nearby areas, and contributes to sea-level rise.

The U.S. Geological Survey, in collaboration with 39 international scientists, published a report on the status of glaciers throughout all of Asia, including Russia, China, India, Nepal, Bhutan, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Georgia, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, and Kazakhstan.

“Of particular interest are the Himalaya, where glacier behavior impacts the quality of life of tens of millions of people,” said USGS scientist Jane Ferrigno. “Glaciers in the Himalaya are a major source of fresh water and supply meltwater to all of the rivers in northern India.”

As glaciers become smaller, water runoff decreases, which is especially important during the dry season when other water sources are limited. Climate change also brings warmer temperatures and earlier water runoff from glaciers, and this combined with spring and summer rains can result in flood conditions. The overall glacier retreat and additional melt can increase the amount of water dammed in the vicinity of a glacier, and the added pressure enhances the likelihood of disastrous outburst flooding.

While most glaciers in Asia are in recession, some glaciers have been found to advance. Some of the advancing glaciers are surge-type glaciers, which move forward more rapidly than average in a short period of time. The reason for this is being studied by glaciologists, and is likely due to unique and local condition

Glacier studies in each area started at different times depending on accessibility of glaciers and scientific interest. For example, the earliest description of glaciers in China was in 630 A.D., while studies in the Caucasus area of Russia began in the mid 1800s and modern studies in Nepal started in the 1950s.

The time period for retreat also differs among each glacier. In Bhutan, 66 glaciers have decreased 8.1 percent over the last 30 years. Rapid changes in the Himalaya is shown in India by the 12 percent retreat of Chhota Shigri Glacier during the last 13 years, as well as retreat of the Gangotri Glacier since 1780, with 12 percent shrinkage of the main stem in the last 16 years.

Glaciers in Russia and in the four republics once part of the Former Soviet Union have the largest area of glaciers in Asia, covering 30,478 square miles, which is about the size of South Carolina. The glaciers of China have the second largest area of glaciers in Asia, covering 22,944 square miles, which is about twice the size of Massachusetts. In Afghanistan, the more than 3,000 small mountain glaciers that occur in the Hindu Kush and Pamir mountains provide vital water resources to the region.

“This report was a collaboration between U.S. and foreign authors, the most knowledgeable glaciologists for each geographic region covered,” said USGS scientist Richard S. Williams, Jr. “The USGS published historical and modern data authored by local experts. Some analyses of past climate conditions were conducted by studying ice cores from high-mountain areas of Asia.”

This report is the 9th in the series of 11 volumes to be published as the USGS Satellite Image Atlas of Glaciers of the World. You can view other publications in this series online.

“The Glaciers of Asia” volume is available online.

USGS Release: Glaciers Retreating in Asia (8/25/2010 10:33:00 AM)

Many of Asia’s glaciers are retreating as a result of climate change.

This retreat impacts water supplies to millions of people, increases the likelihood of outburst floods that threaten life and property in nearby areas, and contributes to sea-level rise.

The U.S. Geological Survey, in collaboration with 39 international scientists, published a report on the status of glaciers throughout all of Asia, including Russia, China, India, Nepal, Bhutan, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Georgia, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, and Kazakhstan.

“Of particular interest are the Himalaya, where glacier behavior impacts the quality of life of tens of millions of people,” said USGS scientist Jane Ferrigno. “Glaciers in the Himalaya are a major source of fresh water and supply meltwater to all of the rivers in northern India.”

As glaciers become smaller, water runoff decreases, which is especially important during the dry season when other water sources are limited. Climate change also brings warmer temperatures and earlier water runoff from glaciers, and this combined with spring and summer rains can result in flood conditions. The overall glacier retreat and additional melt can increase the amount of water dammed in the vicinity of a glacier, and the added pressure enhances the likelihood of disastrous outburst flooding.

While most glaciers in Asia are in recession, some glaciers have been found to advance. Some of the advancing glaciers are surge-type glaciers, which move forward more rapidly than average in a short period of time. The reason for this is being studied by glaciologists, and is likely due to unique and local condition

Glacier studies in each area started at different times depending on accessibility of glaciers and scientific interest. For example, the earliest description of glaciers in China was in 630 A.D., while studies in the Caucasus area of Russia began in the mid 1800s and modern studies in Nepal started in the 1950s.

The time period for retreat also differs among each glacier. In Bhutan, 66 glaciers have decreased 8.1 percent over the last 30 years. Rapid changes in the Himalaya is shown in India by the 12 percent retreat of Chhota Shigri Glacier during the last 13 years, as well as retreat of the Gangotri Glacier since 1780, with 12 percent shrinkage of the main stem in the last 16 years.

Glaciers in Russia and in the four republics once part of the Former Soviet Union have the largest area of glaciers in Asia, covering 30,478 square miles, which is about the size of South Carolina. The glaciers of China have the second largest area of glaciers in Asia, covering 22,944 square miles, which is about twice the size of Massachusetts. In Afghanistan, the more than 3,000 small mountain glaciers that occur in the Hindu Kush and Pamir mountains provide vital water resources to the region.

“This report was a collaboration between U.S. and foreign authors, the most knowledgeable glaciologists for each geographic region covered,” said USGS scientist Richard S. Williams, Jr. “The USGS published historical and modern data authored by local experts. Some analyses of past climate conditions were conducted by studying ice cores from high-mountain areas of Asia.”

This report is the 9th in the series of 11 volumes to be published as the USGS Satellite Image Atlas of Glaciers of the World. You can view other publications in this series online.

“The Glaciers of Asia” volume is available online.

Aww you hold trolling blunders hand in the stores too?

he can't do his own research but you will do it for him.. Why don't you teach him how to be a proper greenpeace drone so you don't have to save his stupid ass anymore. Oh wait, I forgot you do the same crap he does...LOL

as always, the problem is attribution. the global temp has gone up less than 1K in the last 100+ years, much of that before significant manmade CO2 rise. glaciers and ice packs have shrunk and grown many times in the past according to their own schedule. warmers try to lay all the blame at the feet of mankind for burning fossil fuels but they are far from proving even the CO2 contribution with any certainty, and are even less certain of the other factors both known and unknown. I am all for continued study but I am against crippling our economy and cutting the quality of life in the hope that CO2 is the ultimate climate control knob, and more importantly, that we can control it in any meaningful way.

I totally agree. The glaciers on Mt. Rainier are not melting. The ocean currents determine much of the climate. We on the west coast are in for another La Nina this year which means colder than normal.

If man burning fossil fuels has caused global warming, then what caused the end of the ice age thousands of years ago when there was no "man" and no burning of fossil fuels. Wouldn't it stand to reason that man is NOT the cause of this. If we could control the climate, well I think we are doing a damn poor job of it. I want hot summers and cold winters, thank you, and I got cold winter, but a cold summer, too. If humans can control climate, what took them so long to bring rain to Texas?

NOAA La Niña Page

The glaciers of Mt. Rainier are not melting? Are you daft? Or just blind?

Mt. Rainier's retreating glaciers are making a mess - CSMonitor.com

The fallout from Mt. Rainier's shrinking glaciers is beginning to roll downhill, and nowhere is the impact more striking than on the volcano's west side.

"This is it in spades," says Park Service geologist Paul Kennard, scrambling up a 10-foot-tall mass of dirt and boulders bulldozed back just enough to clear the road.

As receding glaciers expose crumbly slopes, vast amounts of gravel and sediment are being sluiced into the rivers that flow from the Northwest's tallest peak. Much of the material sweeps down in rain-driven slurries called debris flows, like those that repeatedly have slammed Mt. Rainier National Park's Westside Road.

"The rivers are filling up with stuff," Mr. Kennard says from his vantage point atop the pile. He pointed out ancient stands of fir and cedar now up to their knees in water.

Inside park boundaries, rivers choked with gravel are threatening to spill across roads, bump up against the bottom of bridges and flood the historic complex at Longmire

Now Bozo, have you ever heard of the Milankovic Cycles? Or doing a bit of research before demonstrating to the world the depths of your ignorance.

Milankovitch Cycles

Astronomer Milutin Milankovitch developed the mathematical formulas upon which these orbital variations are based. He hypothesized that when some parts of the cyclic variations are combined and occur at the same time, they are responsible for major changes to the earth's climate (even ice ages). Milankovitch estimated climatic fluctuations over the last 450,000 years and described cold and warm periods. Though he did his work in the first half of the 20th century, Milankovich's results weren't proven until the 1970s.

A 1976 study, published in the journal Science examined deep-sea sediment cores and found that Milankovich's theory corresponded to periods of climate change. Indeed, ice ages had occurred when the earth was going through different stages of orbital variation.

http://geography.about.com/od/learnabouttheearth/a/milankovitch.htm

Last edited:
I totally agree. The glaciers on Mt. Rainier are not melting. The ocean currents determine much of the climate. We on the west coast are in for another La Nina this year which means colder than normal.

If man burning fossil fuels has caused global warming, then what caused the end of the ice age thousands of years ago when there was no "man" and no burning of fossil fuels. Wouldn't it stand to reason that man is NOT the cause of this. If we could control the climate, well I think we are doing a damn poor job of it. I want hot summers and cold winters, thank you, and I got cold winter, but a cold summer, too. If humans can control climate, what took them so long to bring rain to Texas?

NOAA La Niña Page

The fallout from Mt. Rainier's shrinking glaciers is beginning to roll downhill, and nowhere is the impact more striking than on the volcano's west side.

"This is it in spades," says Park Service geologist Paul Kennard, scrambling up a 10-foot-tall mass of dirt and boulders bulldozed back just enough to clear the road.

As receding glaciers expose crumbly slopes, vast amounts of gravel and sediment are being sluiced into the rivers that flow from the Northwest's tallest peak. Much of the material sweeps down in rain-driven slurries called debris flows, like those that repeatedly have slammed Mt. Rainier National Park's Westside Road.

"The rivers are filling up with stuff," Mr. Kennard says from his vantage point atop the pile. He pointed out ancient stands of fir and cedar now up to their knees in water.

Inside park boundaries, rivers choked with gravel are threatening to spill across roads, bump up against the bottom of bridges and flood the historic complex at Longmire

Now Bozo, have you ever heard of the Milankovic Cycles? Or doing a bit of research before demonstrating to the world the depths of your ignorance.

Milankovitch Cycles

Astronomer Milutin Milankovitch developed the mathematical formulas upon which these orbital variations are based. He hypothesized that when some parts of the cyclic variations are combined and occur at the same time, they are responsible for major changes to the earth's climate (even ice ages). Milankovitch estimated climatic fluctuations over the last 450,000 years and described cold and warm periods. Though he did his work in the first half of the 20th century, Milankovich's results weren't proven until the 1970s.

A 1976 study, published in the journal Science examined deep-sea sediment cores and found that Milankovich's theory corresponded to periods of climate change. Indeed, ice ages had occurred when the earth was going through different stages of orbital variation.

Milankovitch Cycles - Overview of Milankovitch Cycles

So, somebody told you about Milankovich cycles but you have no real idea what it means. The Milankovich cycle would ordinarily have the Earth naturally and very, very slowly cooling now. Instead we're experiencing an unusually abrupt warming trend.

You're clueless, confused and thoroughly bamboozled.

‘Global warming is part of a natural cycle’—This idea is one short step above appealing to magic

Milankovitch Cycles

So, somebody told you about Milankovich cycles but you have no real idea what it means. The Milankovich cycle would ordinarily have the Earth naturally and very, very slowly cooling now. Instead we're experiencing an unusually abrupt warming trend.

‘Global warming is part of a natural cycle’—This idea is one short step above appealing to magic

Whatever you say. However, the Pacific Northwest evidently doesn't KNOW we are warming, because once again La Nina is going to keep us cold.

Go to hell, asshole!

Milankovitch Cycles

Whatever you say. However, the Pacific Northwest evidently doesn't KNOW we are warming, because once again La Nina is going to keep us cold.
So what? It's called global warming, not 'your backyard is warming'.

However, have you already forgotten the snow free Vancouver Winter Olympics just a couple of years ago?

No Snow for the 2010 Winter Olympics in Vancouver
ABC News
Feb. 6, 2009
(excerpts)
You don't have to be a weather expert to understand the problem. Going into this weekend, temperatures hovered around a balmy 50 degrees Fahrenheit in Vancouver. And the mountain that has become a central part of the problem, Cypress Mountain, is on the city's outskirts. The snow is so sparse on Cypress Mountain, brown patches are visible.

Global Warming Debate Heats Up in the Pacific Northwest as Air and Water Temperatures Rise Faster Than World Average

Pacific Northwest and Global Warming

Go to hell, asshole!
Oh wow, what a witty, intelligent comeback.....LOLOLOLOL.....too bad that's all ya got, you poor deluded dupe.

as always, the problem is attribution. the global temp has gone up less than 1K in the last 100+ years, much of that before significant manmade CO2 rise. glaciers and ice packs have shrunk and grown many times in the past according to their own schedule. warmers try to lay all the blame at the feet of mankind for burning fossil fuels but they are far from proving even the CO2 contribution with any certainty, and are even less certain of the other factors both known and unknown. I am all for continued study but I am against crippling our economy and cutting the quality of life in the hope that CO2 is the ultimate climate control knob, and more importantly, that we can control it in any meaningful way.

NOAA La Niña Page

WRONG!
Glacier Change Timeline

In 1994 Mount Rainier's glaciers had a combined area of 90 square kilometers ( 35 square miles), and an estimated total volume of 4.2 cubic kilometers ( 1.0 cubic miles). Between 1913 and 1994, the combined area dropped by 21% and total volume by 25%. In general, glaciers on the south side of the mountain shrank more than glaciers on the north side (total area losses of 27% and 17% respectively). The changing position of glacier termini indicate that all of the mountain's major glaciers retreated between 1913 and the late 1950's, then advanced until the early 1980's, and then retreated significantly during the 1990's

Try doing a little research before you make a completely false claim...idiot.

This years La Nina is weaker than last years nina, and the PNW got next to no snow in 5.5 weeks from the end of Dec thru early Jan and except for 2.5 months last winter all average temps were above normal.

Milankovitch Cycles

Sure we are:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

:lol:

However, have you already forgotten the snow free Vancouver Winter Olympics just a couple of years ago?

ABC News
Feb. 6, 2009
(excerpts)
You don't have to be a weather expert to understand the problem. Going into this weekend, temperatures hovered around a balmy 50 degrees Fahrenheit in Vancouver. And the mountain that has become a central part of the problem, Cypress Mountain, is on the city's outskirts. The snow is so sparse on Cypress Mountain, brown patches are visible.

Global Warming Debate Heats Up in the Pacific Northwest as Air and Water Temperatures Rise Faster Than World Average

Go to hell, asshole!
Oh wow, what a witty, intelligent comeback.....LOLOLOLOL.....too bad that's all ya got, you poor deluded dupe.

:lol::lol::lol: Typical brainwashed doofus TB. I find it amusing that a snowless winter is all important and yet a summer with snow in it is somehow not interesting. :lol::lol::lol:

Typical brain dead drone.

ABC News
Feb. 6, 2009
(excerpts)

Go to hell, asshole!

Hey troll, whats API Vigilink? Its the first thing we get sent to when we click on your links.... Oh don't play coy with me tool, I already know... Its a pay per click service isn't it...Sure it is, here's their FAQ page..

VigLink - FAQ

Frequently Asked Questions
General

What is VigLink?
VigLink enables you to get paid for doing what you normally do on your blog or site. Whenever you link to a product, website, or promotion, VigLink turns that link into an affiliate link so that you receive a commission for any purchases made.

If you'd like, VigLink can automatically insert new links in your site where you've referenced brands, merchants and (coming soon) products, creating additional opportunities for you to get paid. We also look for URLs that are not linked (likely by accident), and link them for you.

VigLink is completely configurable; if you would prefer not to have new links inserted, or want to turn it on, you can quickly and easily enable or disable that feature.

WOW so you're a real troll then not just an idiot with multiple personality disorder... Far out man! I heard stories of you types but I always thought it was BS. yet here you are in the flesh so to speak, or the text...

SO you get paid by them for everyone who clicks through the links you supply us with here. Why that seems dishonest to me, especially after you sat there denying anything being wrong with your links in front of all of us... They have something that says you can't do this.. Whats it called? Oh yeah, a Terms Of Service Agreement.. Pretty sure its a TOS violation troll, and if its not should be. its dishonest, its using people, and its just plain wrong.

Want to explain yourself now troll? I think you will have to with somebody here very soon, if not me or us posters someone...

Want to know what the risks are with clicking affiliate links in a web forum? me too... Want to explain to others whats wrong with it?

Game, set, match... I warned ya I was gonna look into it..

Want to explain yourself now troll? I think you will have to with somebody here very soon, if not me or us posters someone...

Want to know what the risks are with clicking affiliate links in a web forum? me too... Want to explain to others whats wrong with it?

So he gets paid every time someone clicks on one of his idiot links?

ABC News
Feb. 6, 2009
(excerpts)

Hey troll, whats API Vigilink? Its the first thing we get sent to when we click on your links.... Oh don't play coy with me tool, I already know... Its a pay per click service isn't it...Sure it is, here's their FAQ page..

VigLink - FAQ

Frequently Asked Questions
General

What is VigLink?
VigLink enables you to get paid for doing what you normally do on your blog or site. Whenever you link to a product, website, or promotion, VigLink turns that link into an affiliate link so that you receive a commission for any purchases made.

If you'd like, VigLink can automatically insert new links in your site where you've referenced brands, merchants and (coming soon) products, creating additional opportunities for you to get paid. We also look for URLs that are not linked (likely by accident), and link them for you.

VigLink is completely configurable; if you would prefer not to have new links inserted, or want to turn it on, you can quickly and easily enable or disable that feature.

WOW so you're a real troll then not just an idiot with multiple personality disorder... Far out man! I heard stories of you types but I always thought it was BS. yet here you are in the flesh so to speak, or the text...

SO you get paid by them for everyone who clicks through the links you supply us with here. Why that seems dishonest to me, especially after you sat there denying anything being wrong with your links in front of all of us... They have something that says you can't do this.. Whats it called? Oh yeah, a Terms Of Service Agreement.. Pretty sure its a TOS violation troll, and if its not should be. its dishonest, its using people, and its just plain wrong.

Here's my links in this post, visible to anyone who hits 'quote'. Or right-click on the link and hit 'properties' if you have that function or hit 'copy link location' and paste it somewhere and look at it.

"http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Weekend/snow-2010-winter-olympics-vancouver-british-columbia/story?id=9762897"]No Snow for the 2010 Winter Olympics in Vancouver[/URL]

"http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Weekend/snow-2010-winter-olympics-vancouver-british-columbia/story?id=9762897"]No Snow for the 2010 Winter Olympics in Vancouver[/URL]

"http://environment.about.com/b/2005/11/08/global-warming-debate-heats-up-in-the-pacific-northwest-as-air-and-water-temperatures-rise-faster-than-world-average.htm"]Global Warming Debate Heats Up in the Pacific Northwest as Air and Water Temperatures Rise Faster Than World Average[/URL]

"http://www.nwf.org/Global-Warming/Effects-on-Wildlife-and-Habitat/Estuaries-and-Coastal-Wetlands/Pacific-Northwest.aspx"]Pacific Northwest and Global Warming[/URL]

You really are quite insane, slackjawedidiot. There is no 'hidden' code in there and no redirects. Anyone can look for themselves so why are you so eager to make a fool out of yourself again (for about the millionth time).

And of course, your whole trip here is just a stupid off-topic distraction because you can't refute any of the science or the photos of the vanishing glaciers.

You really are quite insane.

Forum List

Back