Va. Lt. Governor Sears: Trump has ‘become a liability’ for Republicans

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia

RICHMOND, Va. (WRIC) — Lt. Governor Winsome Sears broke with former President Donald Trump on Thursday, saying she would not support him if he decides to run for president again.

“I could not support him, I just couldn’t,” Sears said during an interview on Fox News.

Sears was once a close ally of Trump, serving as chair of “Black Americans to Re-elect President Trump.” But her support for the former president seemed to wane last year, when she cancelled an appearance at Trump’s “Take Back Virginia” rally in October 2021, following the lead of Republican Governor Glenn Youngkin, who also snubbed the event.

“It was definitely a surprise today to hear her make those comments,” said 8News political analyst, Rich Meagher. “Is this a bold politician coming out and making a principled stand against a popular figure in their party or is this a political operator looking ahead to her political future and starting to move chess pieces around the board.”

When asked by a Fox News host why she no longer supported Trump, Sears told him that several key electoral defeats of Trump-backed candidates for the senate and governorships convinced her.

“The voters have spoken, and they’ve said that they want a different leader,” she said. “And a true leader understands when they have become a liability.”

Good. She’s right to do so.

RICHMOND, Va. (WRIC) — Lt. Governor Winsome Sears broke with former President Donald Trump on Thursday, saying she would not support him if he decides to run for president again.

“I could not support him, I just couldn’t,” Sears said during an interview on Fox News.

Sears was once a close ally of Trump, serving as chair of “Black Americans to Re-elect President Trump.” But her support for the former president seemed to wane last year, when she cancelled an appearance at Trump’s “Take Back Virginia” rally in October 2021, following the lead of Republican Governor Glenn Youngkin, who also snubbed the event.

“It was definitely a surprise today to hear her make those comments,” said 8News political analyst, Rich Meagher. “Is this a bold politician coming out and making a principled stand against a popular figure in their party or is this a political operator looking ahead to her political future and starting to move chess pieces around the board.”

When asked by a Fox News host why she no longer supported Trump, Sears told him that several key electoral defeats of Trump-backed candidates for the senate and governorships convinced her.

“The voters have spoken, and they’ve said that they want a different leader,” she said. “And a true leader understands when they have become a liability.”

Good. She’s right to do so.
/-----/ Well, if a Lt Gov says so, then case closed. BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

After all Trump has said and done he didn't start losing republican support until he fucked up an election. That tells us all anyone has to know about the republican party.

Va. Lt. Governor Sears: Trump has ‘become a liability’ for Republicans​

I don't know if she is right or not, but I do know that the GOP colon cleanse of ineffectuals (Jeb, Cheney) and cancers that occurred as a result of his presence is something he should be celebrated for.
/——-/ And for keeping that insufferable twat Hillary out of the White House.

She's being polite.
/-----/ She may no longer support Trump, but she gave a bogus reason. No political influencer can get every prediction correct. From the OPs link: "When asked by a Fox News host why she no longer supported Trump, Sears told him that several key electoral defeats of Trump-backed candidates for the senate and governorships convinced her."

@realDonaldTrump
So sad to see Republicans attack and foolishly tarnish the results of the Midterms. WE WON, Nancy got fired and is on her way to foreign lands, Republicans are taking over the House and, importantly, its Committees, and may very well win the Senate Majority, depending on whether or not Arizona or Nevada Elections are RIGGED (which I believe they are!)?

Va. Lt. Governor Sears: Trump has ‘become a liability’ for Republicans​

I don't know if she is right or not, but I do know that the GOP colon cleanse of ineffectuals (Jeb, Cheney) and cancers that occurred as a result of his presence is something he should be celebrated for.
That is correct. I am not sure the same approach works with DeSantis however and I think they should work as a team to rid the country of Dimmer ilk.

That is correct. I am not sure the same approach works with DeSantis however and I think they should work as a team to rid the country of Dimmer ilk.
/----/
@ErichDerbsch
1668174712667.png

/-----/ She may no longer support Trump, but she gave a bogus reason. No political influencer can get every prediction correct. From the OPs link: "When asked by a Fox News host why she no longer supported Trump, Sears told him that several key electoral defeats of Trump-backed candidates for the senate and governorships convinced her."

@realDonaldTrump
So sad to see Republicans attack and foolishly tarnish the results of the Midterms. WE WON, Nancy got fired and is on her way to foreign lands, Republicans are taking over the House and, importantly, its Committees, and may very well win the Senate Majority, depending on whether or not Arizona or Nevada Elections are RIGGED (which I believe they are!)?

You Trumpies think all elections are rigged.

After all Trump has said and done he didn't start losing republican support until he fucked up an election. That tells us all anyone has to know about the republican party.
She is a Black Republican aren't you supposed to be calling her a house negro or something equally disgusting instead of agreeing with her.

You can caterwaul all you want but when Trump's man lost to a fuckin' retard in PA that was it.....Most right-leaners are saying "No Mas" to Trump and to be honest he's acting more like FHRC every day.

According to him nothing is his fault......I note he learned that much from his time in the swamp.

He's owed nothing and will just have to take his chances in a primary like everyone else.

You can caterwaul all you want but when Trump's man lost to a fuckin' retard in PA that was it.....Most right-leaners are saying "No Mas" to Trump and to be honest he's acting more like FHRC every day.

According to him nothing is his fault......I note he learned that much from his time in the swamp.

He's owed nothing and will just have to take his chances in a primary like everyone else.
Could any Republican win in PA? That state knows how to cheat with the best of em.

You Trumpies think all elections are rigged.
/----/ BWHAHAHAHAHAHA Hildabeast is now a Republican?
Hillary Clinton is sticking with her conviction that the 2016 presidential election was not conducted legitimately, saying the details surrounding her loss are still unclear.

“There was a widespread understanding that this election [in 2016] was not on the level,” Clinton said during an interview for the latest episode of The Atlantic’s politics podcast, The Ticket. “We still don’t know what really happened.”

“There’s just a lot that I think will be revealed. History will discover,” the Democratic Party’s 2016 presidential nominee continued. “But you don’t win by 3 million votes and have all this other shenanigans and stuff going on and not come away with an idea like, ‘Whoa, something’s not right here.’ That was a deep sense of unease.”

Forum List

Back