Utah's Gay Marriage Ban struck down

Gays will pretend that this is supported by the majority.

you are a lawyer so you can predict the trajectory.

If the state appeals - the case will go to the state Supreme Court, right?

The OP is Utah marriage law has been overturned. I am glad you are finally acting like a libertarian, and in my case I believe this is a truly conservative decision by the Judge.

The libertarian view on marriage is the one I keep alluding to. We heteros asked for the government to get deeply involved in our marriages. We DEMAND government be all up in our marriages. Lots and lots and lots of cash and prizes from the government tit.

The libertarian solution to the Gordion Knot of government getting to decide the definition of marriage is to get government out of marriage.

None of this seems to penetrate the thick skulls of the homophobes. It never occurs to them what it is that gays are seeking. Homophobes seem to think it has something to do with the fall of the Roman Empire or some such myth. But what it really is about is a fight over the government tit. Gays want the same government milk the rest of us get.

The obvious solution is to take the nipple away from EVERYONE. But watch a right winger scream like a tie-dye wearing, food stamp collecting, ObamaPhone abusing, hippie when you suggest that.

That's what I would personally like to see. Scale back the government cash and prizes.

But these bozo gay bashers think I'm some kind of liberal. :lol:

Blarg!

Last edited:
I'm just not seeing it. I'll have to re-read the opinion later. But I'm just not seeing the court's conclusion flowing logically from Windsor.

There is just one problem.... There is no fundamental right to marry except for man and woman.

Tell it to the moon, RGS.

There are crowds beginning to get together on Main and State Street just below Temple Square.

The city is going to be wild tonight.

I will be going to a family member's grave tonight for a memorial.

Celebration? Or rioting against it? (With Utah, it's hard to tell)

The judge may impose on the will of the people but cannot impose on the minds of the people. There is no law mandating the people to be nice.

Good another win for limited government and conservatism. Wtf is wrong with these so called conservatives using the government to force people not to do something?

The right has become the Party of The Peeping Tom.

Can't blame the regular people when fags start getting bashed now can we? Just more polluting of society. The jew's ultimate plan. They have integrated our schools,taught women they are just like men and should work and not have babies,now pushing for marriage for faggots. A nation destroyed is easier to take over and control.

Can't blame the regular people when fags start getting bashed now can we? Just more polluting of society. The jew's ultimate plan. They have integrated our schools,taught women they are just like men and should work and not have babies,now pushing for marriage for faggots. A nation destroyed is easier to take over and control.

Boy, you really are one sick twitch.

What the hell are you doing in the US?

I read the judge's opinion in this matter. And I've read all of the DOMA decision which he cites to justify his decision.

heh...

All I can say is that all of you reading this should very carefully read the DOMA decision first, which will decide this case as it goes to the US Supreme Court soon. Then read the judge's decision here on the Utah question: http://legaltimes.typepad.com/files/utah-ssm.pdf

I found the narrative very odd in the Utah decision. The judge goes into great detail about how each plaintiff found themselves to be "gay". Weird, right? Very odd to include such detail and then wrap up each vignette with a very brief "and then they decided to get married".

..lol..

Forum List

Back