Utah Dads To Be Required To Pay Half Of Pregnancy Costs

Dana7360

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2014
This is a very good idea and law.

I hope more states pass laws like this.

How do you do a DNA test on an unborn baby?

Can you really comment comparing the photo of the baby daddy with the ultrasound photo of the baby?

When will the first case make it to Maury Povich?

Amniocentesis.

Good to know. For those who don't yet know:
  • Paternity testing. Amniocentesis can collect DNA from the fetus that can then be compared to DNA from the potential father.

Source:

For pretty much all of human history, men have paid 100% of not only maternity expenses, but the cost of supporting offspring well into their adulthood.

This half-off sale seems to be a step in the right direction.

For pretty much all of human history, men have paid 100% of not only maternity expenses, but the cost of supporting offspring well into their adulthood.

I think we can agree that that generally only applies in cases where the father is living with the mother, or has a pretty good relationship with the mother (such as a mistress). Some evidence that single mothers have it rough:

Not sure what you mean by half-off sale.

Can you really comment comparing the photo of the baby daddy with the ultrasound photo of the baby?

Amniocentesis.

• Paternity testing. Amniocentesis can collect DNA from the fetus that can then be compared to DNA from the potential father.

Source:

I guess this new technology makes the new obligations viable.

The main problem I have is whether abortion is considered a "pregnancy cost" that the baby daddy can be forced to pony up for? A lot of Americans have a problem with abortion you know.

I think we can agree that that generally only applies in cases where the father is living with the mother, or has a pretty good relationship with the mother (such as a mistress). Some evidence that single mothers have it rough:

I'm not sure you can call being a single-mother a plight as it is a completely voluntary condition.

Amniocentesis.

Source:

I guess this new technology makes the new obligations viable.

The main problem I have is whether abortion is considered a "pregnancy cost" that the baby daddy can be forced to pony up for? A lot of Americans have a problem with abortion you know.

I would be strongly against that myself. The idea of forcing a father to pay for an abortion that he doesn't want doesn't sit well with me. I'm proud of the fact that my country of residence (Canada) has the most open access to abortions in the world, according to wikipedia:
Abortion in Canada is legal at all stages of pregnancy (regardless of the reason) and is publicly funded as a medical procedure under the combined effects of the federal Canada Health Act and provincial health-care systems.[1] However, access to services and resources varies by region.[2] While some non-legal barriers to access continue to exist,[1] Canada is the only nation with absolutely no legal restrictions to access abortion services.[3][4]

Source:

I'm not sure you can call being a single-mother a plight as it is a completely voluntary condition.

That's way too simplistic. There are a lot of reasons why many mothers are single. Some articles on various factors:

Definitely a great idea. It takes two to tango, ya'know.

If you father a child you are resonsible for child support.

But states won't go after young people. For what reason I don't know.

My rule....don't want to tell us who the father is.....you can forget state aid.......can't care for your baby....say hello to CPS.

Definitely a great idea. It takes two to tango, ya'know.

Really ?????

Who knew ?

Wellllllll yes for many responsible Dads, that is true. But there lots of biological Dads who get happy feet when the baby thing gets real.
:scared1:

Forum List

Back