Utah Dads To Be Required To Pay Half Of Pregnancy Costs

Do Utah dads get to choose abortion?
Not alone. They do get to choose where to deposit their male reproductive fluid... that's what counts!!! :)

On your abortion question, they have to pay half the abortion cost if they agree to an abortion, I believe the article said?

Baby isn't growing in the father's body. I'm pro choice for the mother not for the father. That being said, if the father was significantly coerced or even raped, I think most would agree that the father shouldn't have to pay for pregnancy costs or child support.
It’s his baby in her body. Not just hers.
It’s growing on its own after birth and he’s forced to pay.
Copulation is the contract. If she can choose abortion or birth, so can he.

For pretty much all of human history, men have paid 100% of not only maternity expenses, but the cost of supporting offspring well into their adulthood.

This half-off sale seems to be a step in the right direction.

I think we can agree that that generally only applies in cases where the father is living with the mother, or has a pretty good relationship with the mother (such as a mistress). Some evidence that single mothers have it rough:

Not sure what you mean by half-off sale.

I'm not sure you can call being a single-mother a plight as it is a completely voluntary condition.

If the father left after the child was born then it was not the mother voluntary condition and it was because the father had left...

This is a very good idea and law.

I hope more states pass laws like this.

Can’t agree – this is clearly Trojan Horse legislation, a bad faith measure intended to undermine the right to privacy and the right of women to reproductive autonomy.

The authoritarian right will use this law as ‘justification’ for allowing men to prohibit women from lawfully terminating a pregnancy, which is in fact un-Constitutional.

For pretty much all of human history, men have paid 100% of not only maternity expenses, but the cost of supporting offspring well into their adulthood.

I think we can agree that that generally only applies in cases where the father is living with the mother, or has a pretty good relationship with the mother (such as a mistress). Some evidence that single mothers have it rough:

I'm not sure you can call being a single-mother a plight as it is a completely voluntary condition.

I agree. All she has to do is say no, be on the pill or make sure her partner wears a condom. Its all on her.

How do you do a DNA test on an unborn baby?

Can you really comment comparing the photo of the baby daddy with the ultrasound photo of the baby?

When will the first case make it to Maury Povich?
It's actually not that hard. Just use a needle to pull some amniotic fluid

How can a guy be forced to pay for a fetus? Liberals are stating killing a fetus up until birth is okay. Sorry can't have it both ways.

This is the part that is the problem. Either the fetus is a child or it isn't.

I agree. All she has to do is say no, be on the pill or make sure her partner wears a condom. Its all on her.
half of the responsibility is on the guy.

Not alone. They do get to choose where to deposit their male reproductive fluid... that's what counts!!! :)

On your abortion question, they have to pay half the abortion cost if they agree to an abortion, I believe the article said?
And if he doesn't want the woman to have an abortion he doesn't have to pay right?

I wonder if this is specifically for unwed pregnancies.....

However, I think DNA testing should be mandatory for all pregnancies....

I wonder if this is specifically for unwed pregnancies.....

However, I think DNA testing should be mandatory for all pregnancies....
Would that include all of the inner city pregnancies where we never know who the "baby daddy" is?

Forum List

Back