Texas House Releases 4,000 Pages of Evidence Supporting Paxton Impeachment Case

EvilEyeFleegle

Dogpatch USA
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 2, 2017
Twin Falls Idaho
Getting closer..Sept. 5 is the trial. It would be a surprise if the Republican dominated Senate actually convicted one of its own. OTH...Paxton has made a lot of enemies and some are saying that the evidence is just too egregious to ignore..even for partisans:

The Texas House of Representative released almost 4,000 pages of evidence supporting its impeachment of Attorney General Ken Paxton, who faces removal from office at a trial in the state Senate next month over charges that he abused his office to aide a wealthy donor.
The evidence, published late Thursday, includes emails, memos, transcripts of depositions and other records that House officials say provide a detailed accounting of Paxton’s actions and reveal the extent of his relationship with an embattled real estate developer. In May, House lawmakers voted 121-23 in favor of impeaching him.
Paxton, a Republican firebrand known for championing far-right legal fights, now faces 20 articles of impeachment in the Senate trial Sept. 5, including bribery, obstruction of justice and abuse of public trust. The Republican-dominated chamber will decide whether he should be permanently ousted from office.
The majority of charges involve Paxton’s relationship with Nate Paul, a real estate developer and political donor facing separate allegations of wrongdoing. Paxton has been accused of using his office to help Paul, who in turn allegedly helped Paxton conceal an extramarital affair.
Paxton’s lawyers have filed motions to dismiss all of the charges, arguing the allegations are baseless and that House impeachment managers have not provided evidence to support their claims.
The Texas Senate’s impeachment trial next month will be conducted in public, though deliberations by senators deciding Paxton’s fate will be behind closed doors.

Paxton’s wife is state Senator Angela Paxton, but her colleagues voted to prohibit her from casting a vote during the impeachment trial. Still, she will be present during the proceedings.

LOL! No evidence..other than the 4,000+ pages of...errr...evidence...submitted by the House~

Getting closer..Sept. 5 is the trial. It would be a surprise if the Republican dominated Senate actually convicted one of its own. OTH...Paxton has made a lot of enemies and some are saying that the evidence is just too egregious to ignore..even for partisans:

The Texas House of Representative released almost 4,000 pages of evidence supporting its impeachment of Attorney General Ken Paxton, who faces removal from office at a trial in the state Senate next month over charges that he abused his office to aide a wealthy donor.
The evidence, published late Thursday, includes emails, memos, transcripts of depositions and other records that House officials say provide a detailed accounting of Paxton’s actions and reveal the extent of his relationship with an embattled real estate developer. In May, House lawmakers voted 121-23 in favor of impeaching him.
Paxton, a Republican firebrand known for championing far-right legal fights, now faces 20 articles of impeachment in the Senate trial Sept. 5, including bribery, obstruction of justice and abuse of public trust. The Republican-dominated chamber will decide whether he should be permanently ousted from office.
The majority of charges involve Paxton’s relationship with Nate Paul, a real estate developer and political donor facing separate allegations of wrongdoing. Paxton has been accused of using his office to help Paul, who in turn allegedly helped Paxton conceal an extramarital affair.
Paxton’s lawyers have filed motions to dismiss all of the charges, arguing the allegations are baseless and that House impeachment managers have not provided evidence to support their claims.
The Texas Senate’s impeachment trial next month will be conducted in public, though deliberations by senators deciding Paxton’s fate will be behind closed doors.

Paxton’s wife is state Senator Angela Paxton, but her colleagues voted to prohibit her from casting a vote during the impeachment trial. Still, she will be present during the proceedings.

LOL! No evidence..other than the 4,000+ pages of...errr...evidence...submitted by the House~

Pages =/= evidence

My apologies, but Biden!!!

Fine, the fact is it is well known Ken Paxton is as corrupt as they come and the State of Texas would have been better served had they elected Bush to the seat than keeping Paxton.

The outcome will be that he is not ousted and allowed to finish his term knowing the idiots of this State!

I am sure you do.

Still, Ken Paxton is a piece of shit.
no i don't......lol.......you are a reasonable person....just gettin your attention

do you think it is fair to have all those border towns infiltrated by 3rd world inhabitants...imagine you living there

i don't know paxton but he is the least of their worries

I am both ignorant and apathetic of these charges and the inner workings of Texas Politics.

IOW...I don't know, and I don't care.

Why do you care OP.

Ain't no European Texans that I ever heard of.

Every time I see Ken Paxton and his droop eye I think of this scene from 'Deadwood'. I've cued it up to the exact part.

I am both ignorant and apathetic of these charges and the inner workings of Texas Politics.

IOW...I don't know, and I don't care.

Why do you care OP.

Ain't no European Texans that I ever heard of.
LOL! I live in Idaho. Your ignorance is your own affair. As is whether you care or not. Apathy ditto.

Texas is a bell-weather state, in a lot of ways. If they impeach and convict the sitting Republican Attorney General..it'll mean something..so there's my interest~

Forum List

Back