USMB Political Spectrum Poll: Where you at?

Where do you fall on the political spectrum

• Total voters
Liberal/Libertarian wasn't a choice and Liberal/Progressive is an oxymoron.

You can only take what you are given to work with. :eusa_angel:

Well gee-whizz!

I was thinking that Liberal and Progressive were close to synonyms as they seem to be used interchangably.

So much for a political poll made by someone who doesn't know a ton about politics.

They are synonyms, don't let the propaganda confuse you. First the conservatives made liberal a dirty word, so instead of taking our name back and making it OK again, we decided to be called progressives. Now they are trying to make that a dirty word too.

It's all just lies and right wing hype.

I already did bring up a specific name. Neser in my opinion is no where near centrist. Ravi doesn't qualify either and Sarah G is stretching it as well.

I agree though, that it would be a heck of a lot of polls and definitely not worth the effort, but it would be interesting.

Immie

I'd be interested to see where people peg me.

Since I never know if you are serious or not, I don't know where I would put you.

What might be more interesting would be to see how everyone else see you.

There are several who said they were "left-leaning centrist" who I see as much farther left than they see themselves and I suspect that there are some who feel the same way (maybe in the other direction) about me.

Immie

So....how do you see me......? (looks around) :eusa_think:

I'd have to say that I agree with your assessment of yourself... um, that was far right wasn't it? :razz::rofl:

Immie

:eek:

I already did bring up a specific name. Neser in my opinion is no where near centrist. Ravi doesn't qualify either and Sarah G is stretching it as well.

I agree though, that it would be a heck of a lot of polls and definitely not worth the effort, but it would be interesting.

Immie

True on both counts. Liberal/Progressive doesn't really work. Progressives belong more in the far far left zone than just liberal.

I'd have to say, I see you slightly farther left than you see yourself.

It seems funny to me how many people I see as being far left want to think of themselves as "moderate". Of course, some could say the same about me.

Immie
Sometimes I argue a view just for the heck of it. Or because it helps me clarify my thoughts.

I'd say you are moderate but with a few rightwingloon bones in your body. :lol:

Well gee-whizz!

I was thinking that Liberal and Progressive were close to synonyms as they seem to be used interchangably.

So much for a political poll made by someone who doesn't know a ton about politics.
Liberal and Communist are used interchangably, too...but that doesn't make them synonyms.

Capital "P" progressives are those that won't let you smoke in bars. Have you met Anguille?

Sometimes I argue a view just for the heck of it. Or because it helps me clarify my thoughts.

I do the same.

In fact, much of the time when I argue against a political view, it's not because I agree with the opposing view, but that I am trying to be contrary.

True on both counts. Liberal/Progressive doesn't really work. Progressives belong more in the far far left zone than just liberal.

I'd have to say, I see you slightly farther left than you see yourself.

It seems funny to me how many people I see as being far left want to think of themselves as "moderate". Of course, some could say the same about me.

Immie

Me too. Sometimes I argue things that I don't even agree with. I use this site to see ideas that other people have generally those that are on the opposite side as I find myself. I really don't like "squawking heads". I don't trust them. So, if I can argue with you about a particular subject, even one I don't fully understand, I tend to learn more than if I were to search through a vast array of web pages reading particular columnists who have their own biased points of view.

Don't tell anyone but I find myself changing opinions (well more like moderating) mid argument as I come to see more how the other side sees an issue.

I'd say you are moderate but with a few rightwingloon bones in your body. :lol:

Only a few? :D

Immie

Well gee-whizz!

They are synonyms, don't let the propaganda confuse you. First the conservatives made liberal a dirty word, so instead of taking our name back and making it OK again, we decided to be called progressives. Now they are trying to make that a dirty word too.

It's all just lies and right wing hype.

Except the 'Progressives' roots are in late 19th and early 20th C.

There are more than 27 people on USMB since I last checked.

VOTE PEOPLE!

And OK, I have to make one call here...

Libolocalypse, you are NOT a libertarian. Gonna have to go "far-right" there.

And Rightwinger, I love you man, but you are not centrist at all.

But, admittedly, I'm starting to agree that I should be changed to the "Progressive" category, now that I've thought about it for a bit, but I do lean centrist for that category.

I don't think I can change my vote though.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back