USMB Political Spectrum Poll: Where you at?

Where do you fall on the political spectrum

• Total voters
On most issues, I sit towards the center. On some issues I'm far left. On others, far right.

That's the problem with the whole left/right system. Politics is too complicated for that. If you use a graph, with the x-axis being left/right and the y-axis being totalitarian/anarchist, I'm slightly to the left, and all the way at the bottom.

How bout Conservative/Libertarian? Gotta include Libertarians in a poll like this. Libertarians are definitely on the rise. Hey just my opinion anyway.

I guess I come closest to th 'left-leaning centrist.'

You're kidding N.B., aren't you. I'd put you firmly in the Progressive category and darned near Left Wing Nut. Not that I have a problem with that, I just don't think I have ever seen you favor a conservative policy.

I put myself in the right-leaning centrist category since I agree mostly with conservatives and can't figure out how so called liberal programs display so many conservative values such as caring for one's neighbors.

Immie

Last edited:
How bout Conservative/Libertarian? Gotta include Libertarians in a poll like this. Libertarians are definitely on the rise. Hey just my opinion anyway.

I was thinking of making that an option, but I wasn't sure...I'll ask that the poll be changed.

I was thinking of making that an option, but I wasn't sure...I'll ask that the poll be changed.

Or maybe just a secondary poll showing the degrees of people on the Y axis with degrees between authoritarian and libertarian?

Bull shit. You're opinions consistently come straight from the left.

I am a gun owner.
I believe in fiscal responsibility.
I believe in personal responsibility.
I believe in reasonable use of resources such as oil and coal.
I kill and eat meat critters.
I believe in term limits.
I believe in a flat tax with no deductions.
I believe in banning paid lobbyists for any special interest.
I support states rights.

I could go on but with your prejudicial limited understanding it would be useless.
Have a nice day.

Then maybe you are a bi-winged centrist.

Might be why I am always giving him the bird

How come you don't have liberal/libertarian? That's what I usually test as on "official" internet tests that tell you what you are.

:tongue:

i'm a mugwump

If your avitar is your mug, I don't want to see your wump.

(Mugwump was pre civil war label for folks with their mug on one side of the fence, and their wump on the other. usually people all pious about the conditions of the slaves post liberation because of their financial interests in the south. Not a good choice of auto label. )

• Thanks
Reactions: del
i'm a mugwump

If your avitar is your mug, I don't want to see your wump.

(Mugwump was pre civil war label for folks with their mug on one side of the fence, and their wump on the other. usually people all pious about the conditions of the slaves post liberation because of their financial interests in the south. Not a good choice of auto label. )

i've been told i have a very cute wump. :razz:

What might be more interesting would be to see how everyone else see you.

There are several who said they were "left-leaning centrist" who I see as much farther left than they see themselves and I suspect that there are some who feel the same way (maybe in the other direction) about me.

Immie

Or maybe just a secondary poll showing the degrees of people on the Y axis with degrees between authoritarian and libertarian?

I think you'd have to have an x axis also, one access would be moral authoritarianism/anarchism, while the other would be fiscal authoritarianism/anarchism.

One corner would have communism, another liberalism, another libertarianism, and the fourth corner would be conservatism.

Well, I'm pretty far left, but the category subheadings made me go centrist-left.

After all, there are quite a few things I do agree with right-leaning folks about, but mostly not.

Forum List

Back