USA's "gun problem"

I don't think anything will do that. Background checks on all sales would make it harder for criminals.

Actually, no it wouldn't, there is nothing to show that it would....they steal their guns or get people who can pass background checks to buy their guns for them.....again....if you catch a felon with a gun....lock them up for a long time...the only gun control that works......

I know you prefer it is easy for criminals to get guns. Armed criminals sells more guns.
I'm STILL WAITING for YOUR proposal that would take guns from criminals,

Already made one.
??"background checks"???
Already in place, "federal form 4473" and instant check BEFORe you buy a gun (NICS).
It is federal felony to sell a gun to someone who is prohibbited by law from owning a gun.
It is also a felony to lie on federal form 4473.
Read the bottom part of the federal law.
I. POSSESSION OF A FIREARM OR AMMUNITION BY A PROHIBITED
PERSON:
18 USC § 922(g) & (n). Punishable by up to 10 years imprisonment. May receive
minimum sentence of 15 years without parole if offender has three or more prior
convictions for a felony crime of violence (e.g. burglary, robbery, assault, possession
of offensive weapons) and/or drug trafficking felony.
Elements
A. Possession or receipt of a firearm or ammunition;
B. By a subject who falls within one of the following categories:
Felon - (Additionally, persons awaiting trial on felony charges are prohibited from receiving
firearms.);
Drug user or addict - (Often shown where paraphernalia seized, subject tests positive for drugs
and/or subject claims drugs were possessed for personal use.);
Alien - (Includes illegal aliens and aliens lawfully admitted under non-immigrant visas, i.e., those
aliens not admitted for permanent residence. This provision does not prohibit aliens who lawfully
possess a so-called “green card” from possessing guns or ammunition.);
Is subject to a domestic restraining order - (The order must prohibit contact with an intimate
partner, or child of the subject, and must have been issued only after a hearing of which the
subject was notified and at which the subject had an opportunity to participate. The order must
also find the subject poses a threat to the physical safety of the intimate partner or child or must
prohibit the use, threatened use or attempted use of physical force.);
Has a prior conviction for domestic assault - (Includes a prior conviction for any assault or
threatened use of a deadly weapon against a present or former spouse or partner or child or
guardian of any such person. The subject must have been entitled to a jury trial and been
represented by counsel in the prior proceeding or be shown to have waived those rights.);
Fugitive from justice - (Fled any state to avoid being prosecuted or to avoid testifying in any
criminal proceeding.); or
Dishonorably discharged from the military; AND
C. The firearm or ammunition was transported across a state line at any
II. KNOWINGLY SELL, GIVE OR OTHERWISE DISPOSE OF ANY FIREARM OR
AMMUNITION TO ANY PERSON WHO FALLS WITHIN ONE OF THE ABOVE
CATEGORIES:
1 8 USC § 922(d). Punishable by up to 10 years imprisonment.

See....in order to make the gun grabbers happy they should have put this at the beginning of the law....."We really, really mean it......"

I know you prefer it is easy for criminals to get guns. Armed criminals sells more guns.

Already made one.
??"background checks"???
Already in place, "federal form 4473" and instant check BEFORe you buy a gun (NICS).
It is federal felony to sell a gun to someone who is prohibbited by law from owning a gun.
PERSON:
convictions for a felony crime of violence (e.g. burglary, robbery, assault, possession
Elements
Felon - (Additionally, persons awaiting trial on felony charges are prohibited from receiving
firearms.);
Drug user or addict - (Often shown where paraphernalia seized, subject tests positive for drugs
Alien - (Includes illegal aliens and aliens lawfully admitted under non-immigrant visas, i.e., those
aliens not admitted for permanent residence. This provision does not prohibit aliens who lawfully
Is subject to a domestic restraining order - (The order must prohibit contact with an intimate
partner, or child of the subject, and must have been issued only after a hearing of which the
subject was notified and at which the subject had an opportunity to participate. The order must
also find the subject poses a threat to the physical safety of the intimate partner or child or must
Has a prior conviction for domestic assault - (Includes a prior conviction for any assault or
threatened use of a deadly weapon against a present or former spouse or partner or child or
guardian of any such person. The subject must have been entitled to a jury trial and been
represented by counsel in the prior proceeding or be shown to have waived those rights.);
Fugitive from justice - (Fled any state to avoid being prosecuted or to avoid testifying in any
CATEGORIES:

Again private sales do not require a background check. The buyer can easily lie.

and no background check requirement will stop that......again....most criminal guns are stolen or they have a family member or friend who can pass a background check buy it for them..........so the background check is meaningless....where as I and every other law abiding citizen go through background checks....and more innocent people get false positives and have to go through extra headaches, than criminals are stopped from getting guns.....

that has already been shown to be a dumb survey.....they are calling land lines, they are asking people on the phone if they own guns.....not likely to get a truthful response....so no this survey is hardly accurate...........more wishful thinking....and strategy from the anti gunners....they think if they can convince politicians that fewer people own guns, the politicians will be more likely to go after guns.......

Sure it is. Thanks for your opinion. You do a survey? You live surveys unless they conclude something that disagrees with you.

I live accurate surveys and studies...not one conducted to push an anti gun agenda...remember, the anti gunners favorite researcher that they love to hate...Kleck, was an anti gunner before he started his research......

Ok so what survey says different?

I haven't seen one......the survey the NYT sites is bad....and is propaganda...not research....

Already made one.
??"background checks"???
PERSON:
Elements
firearms.);
CATEGORIES:

Again private sales do not require a background check. The buyer can easily lie.

and no background check requirement will stop that......again....most criminal guns are stolen or they have a family member or friend who can pass a background check buy it for them..........so the background check is meaningless....where as I and every other law abiding citizen go through background checks....and more innocent people get false positives and have to go through extra headaches, than criminals are stopped from getting guns.....

I did start by saying you can't keep guns from all criminals.... I do prefer to make it harder for them though.

that has already been shown to be a dumb survey.....they are calling land lines, they are asking people on the phone if they own guns.....not likely to get a truthful response....so no this survey is hardly accurate...........more wishful thinking....and strategy from the anti gunners....they think if they can convince politicians that fewer people own guns, the politicians will be more likely to go after guns.......

Sure it is. Thanks for your opinion. You do a survey? You live surveys unless they conclude something that disagrees with you.

I live accurate surveys and studies...not one conducted to push an anti gun agenda...remember, the anti gunners favorite researcher that they love to hate...Kleck, was an anti gunner before he started his research......

I haven't seen one......the survey the NYT sites is bad....and is propaganda...not research....

Then you can't claim ownership is up.

Already made one.
??"background checks"???
PERSON:
Elements
firearms.);
CATEGORIES:

I did start by saying you can't keep guns from all criminals.... I do prefer to make it harder for them though.

Criminals can get guns easier than a law abiding citizen can....we have to go through and get a FOID card....we have to go through a background check.....to carry the weapon legally we need 16 hours of training plus paying for the training and fees......

Criminal.....go to their source, pay under market value, get the gun immediately..........

They can't claim ownership is down...but they do.......

Here is a take down of the gun survey from the times.....

Problems with using the General Social Survey to measure gun ownership - Crime Prevention Research Center

One measure is to look at licensed gun owners, though there have only been a few states that have licenses and haven’t changed the rules for getting the permits. Most notable is the state of Illinois. Over the last six years the GSS survey implies that legal gun ownership has fallen in Illinois, but FOID cards, which are necessary to legally own a gun, have been rising.

And of course the guy in charge of the survey is an anti gunner hoping to influence politicians into passing more gun laws.....

The GSS survey has raised concerns for some time. Here is something that John Lott wrote in his 2003 book The Bias Against Guns.

A few years ago, while I was doing research at the University of Chicago, I had lunch with Tom Smith, who is the director of the General Social Survey at the National Opinion Research Center (NORC). This private organization conducts many important national surveys for the government as well as other clients. During lunch Tom mentioned how important he thought the General Social Survey was. He felt the large drop in gun ownership implied by his survey would “make it easier for politicians to do the right thing on guns” and pass more restrictive regulations. His surveys have traditionally shown one of the lowest gun ownership rates among any of the surveys: for example, almost 20 percentage points lower than recent polling by John Zogby. . . .

Tom Smith is still the director of the GSS. It is interesting to note that both the JAMA study this week as well as Tom Smith have received funding from the Joyce Foundation, which is well known for its gun control advocacy (or see here). This discussion is definitely not saying that the Joyce Foundation funding altered their views, but just that Joyce knows the individuals who are on their side of the debate.

So yeah......I don't trust their numbers..........

Already made one.
??"background checks"???
PERSON:
Elements
firearms.);
CATEGORIES:

Criminals can get guns easier than a law abiding citizen can....we have to go through and get a FOID card....we have to go through a background check.....to carry the weapon legally we need 16 hours of training plus paying for the training and fees......

Criminal.....go to their source, pay under market value, get the gun immediately..........

Well maybe those things are bringing down accidents.

They can't claim ownership is down...but they do.......

They did a survey, your claim is backed by nothing.

Not having a gun is the biggest problem these days. Things are only getting worse. Just wait till those Freebies run out. The Entitlement douches will be burning cities down. Then they'll begin coming after what's yours. Most laugh at and ridicule people who are preparing for societal breakdown, but being prepared for disaster is actually a common sense logical thing to do.

And it's not only about civil unrest. It's about all sorts of disasters, such as natural disasters. It's wise to be prepared for hardships. Don't rely solely on Government to save you. Unfortunately, too many Americans do. Just get prepared to take care of yourself and your family. Cause it ain't gonna be pretty when the SHTF.

Already made one.
??"background checks"???
PERSON:
Elements
firearms.);
CATEGORIES:

I prefer to get the guns outta the criminals hands.
NYC police were doing a good job of getting thousands of illegal guns outta criminals hands, but liberals put a stop to it.
Liberals prefer to make it harder for honest, law-abiding and responsible citizens to own/carry guns.

Not having a gun is the biggest problem these days. Things are only getting worse. Just wait till those Freebies run out. The Entitlement douches will be burning cities down. Then they'll begin coming after what's yours. Most laugh at and ridicule people who are preparing for societal breakdown, but being prepared for disaster is actually a common sense logical thing to do.

And it's not only about civil unrest. It's about all sorts of disasters, such as natural disasters. It's wise to be prepared for hardships. Don't rely solely on Government to save you. Unfortunately, too many Americans do. Just get prepared to take care of yourself and your family. Cause it ain't gonna be pretty when the SHTF.

I have lots of guns and ammo.

Unarmed liberals will provide for me in the meltdown.

Whether they like it or not.

I have lots of guns and ammo.

Unarmed liberals will provide for me in the meltdown.

Whether they like it or not.

So you are both nuts? Doesn't this disqualify both of you from intelligent conversation?

Actually, no it wouldn't, there is nothing to show that it would....they steal their guns or get people who can pass background checks to buy their guns for them.....again....if you catch a felon with a gun....lock them up for a long time...the only gun control that works......

Already made one.
??"background checks"???
PERSON:
Elements
firearms.);
CATEGORIES:

So you are saying gays should be required to have an aids test before engaging in private gay sex? Aids kills way more people than 99.9% of private gun sales which result in no death or injury.

Already made one.
??"background checks"???
PERSON:
Elements
firearms.);
CATEGORIES:

So you are saying gays should be required to have an aids test before engaging in private gay sex? Aids kills way more people than 99.9% of private gun sales which result in no death or injury.

That is remarkably dumb.

Already made one.
??"background checks"???
PERSON:
Elements
firearms.);
CATEGORIES:

That is remarkably dumb.

Meh you just don't like me rubbing your nose in your own stupidity.

Already made one.
??"background checks"???
PERSON:
Elements
firearms.);
CATEGORIES:

That is remarkably dumb.

Meh you just don't like me rubbing your nose in your own stupidity.

No, what you said was just completely moronic.

Forum List

Back