USA's "gun problem"

??"background checks"???
Already in place, "federal form 4473" and instant check BEFORe you buy a gun (NICS).
It is federal felony to sell a gun to someone who is prohibbited by law from owning a gun.
It is also a felony to lie on federal form 4473.
Read the bottom part of the federal law.
I. POSSESSION OF A FIREARM OR AMMUNITION BY A PROHIBITED
PERSON:
18 USC § 922(g) & (n). Punishable by up to 10 years imprisonment. May receive
minimum sentence of 15 years without parole if offender has three or more prior
convictions for a felony crime of violence (e.g. burglary, robbery, assault, possession
of offensive weapons) and/or drug trafficking felony.
Elements
A. Possession or receipt of a firearm or ammunition;
B. By a subject who falls within one of the following categories:
Felon - (Additionally, persons awaiting trial on felony charges are prohibited from receiving
firearms.);
Drug user or addict - (Often shown where paraphernalia seized, subject tests positive for drugs
and/or subject claims drugs were possessed for personal use.);
Alien - (Includes illegal aliens and aliens lawfully admitted under non-immigrant visas, i.e., those
aliens not admitted for permanent residence. This provision does not prohibit aliens who lawfully
possess a so-called “green card” from possessing guns or ammunition.);
Is subject to a domestic restraining order - (The order must prohibit contact with an intimate
partner, or child of the subject, and must have been issued only after a hearing of which the
subject was notified and at which the subject had an opportunity to participate. The order must
also find the subject poses a threat to the physical safety of the intimate partner or child or must
prohibit the use, threatened use or attempted use of physical force.);
Has a prior conviction for domestic assault - (Includes a prior conviction for any assault or
threatened use of a deadly weapon against a present or former spouse or partner or child or
guardian of any such person. The subject must have been entitled to a jury trial and been
represented by counsel in the prior proceeding or be shown to have waived those rights.);
Fugitive from justice - (Fled any state to avoid being prosecuted or to avoid testifying in any
criminal proceeding.); or
Dishonorably discharged from the military; AND
C. The firearm or ammunition was transported across a state line at any
II. KNOWINGLY SELL, GIVE OR OTHERWISE DISPOSE OF ANY FIREARM OR
AMMUNITION TO ANY PERSON WHO FALLS WITHIN ONE OF THE ABOVE
CATEGORIES:
1 8 USC § 922(d). Punishable by up to 10 years imprisonment.

Again private sales do not require a background check. The buyer can easily lie.

So you are saying gays should be required to have an aids test before engaging in private gay sex? Aids kills way more people than 99.9% of private gun sales which result in no death or injury.

That is remarkably dumb.

Meh you just don't like me rubbing your nose in your own stupidity.

No, what you said was just completely moronic.

Its the same dumb ass logic you people use daily, get it, gawd do I have to draw you a picture?

Again private sales do not require a background check. The buyer can easily lie.

So you are saying gays should be required to have an aids test before engaging in private gay sex? Aids kills way more people than 99.9% of private gun sales which result in no death or injury.

That is remarkably dumb.

Meh you just don't like me rubbing your nose in your own stupidity.

No, what you said was just completely moronic.

Its the same dumb ass logic you people use daily, get it, gawd do I have to draw you a picture?

No it's not actually. But it says a lot about you that you think it is.

Not having a gun is the biggest problem these days. Things are only getting worse. Just wait till those Freebies run out. The Entitlement douches will be burning cities down. Then they'll begin coming after what's yours. Most laugh at and ridicule people who are preparing for societal breakdown, but being prepared for disaster is actually a common sense logical thing to do.

And it's not only about civil unrest. It's about all sorts of disasters, such as natural disasters. It's wise to be prepared for hardships. Don't rely solely on Government to save you. Unfortunately, too many Americans do. Just get prepared to take care of yourself and your family. Cause it ain't gonna be pretty when the SHTF.

I have lots of guns and ammo.

Unarmed liberals will provide for me in the meltdown.

Whether they like it or not.

So you are both nuts? Doesn't this disqualify both of you from intelligent conversation?

Nah, nuts is not having a gun and relying solely on Government to save you when the SHTF. The Government and the Entitlement douches are gonna be very angry when the Freebies run out. They'll look to take that anger out on someone. And that someone could be you. I would advise getting prepared for that inevitable scenario. You owe it to your family.

Only the truly insane would advocate banning more than 38000 guns because one was misused.

Collective punishment is what Nanny/Police Staters are all about. It's a 'Throw the baby out with the Bathwater' mentality. A couple assholes do wrong, and the Nanny/Police Staters immediately push to punish everyone for it.

It seems every day they're proposing banning or 'regulating' something. It's a real shame. The good shouldn't be punished for the few wicked.

The good shouldn't be punished for the few wicked.
That's what they tell us whenever some Muslim nutjob blows himself up on a loaded school bus or flies an airplane into a skyscraper.
Somehow, guns are different.

Yeah, Nanny/Police Staters are big on collective punishment. They punish the many good for the few wicked. What are they trying to ban or 'regulate' this week? Who knows? But i'm sure it's something.

Forum List

Back