US Weekly Jobless Claims Double To 6.6 Million

Obama's economy.

I blame Trump for this pandemic. I wouldn't be surprised if he colluded with Dick Cheney to have Halliburton cook up this virus in the White House basement and infect Wuhan with chemtrails.

That mean old Trump done did that so he could completely wipe out the Great Obama's economy. He obliterated every other piece of the Great Obama's legacy, but the Great Obama's wonderful economy just wouldn't go away.

So that mean old Trump destroyed the the Great Obama's economy with the Shanghai Shivers so when his economy gets great again, that mean old Trump can say it's his economy now.

Yeah, I'm just making this shit up. :auiqs.jpg:

Actually the Kung Flu was discovered by the secret service in the left over dregs of Obama's home brewery in the White House craps room(formerly the bowling alley). He claimed he bowled like a retard or some shit and caught a bunch of flake over it so he set up the pub and craps table there.

Word on the street is Bidum and his dumb kid sold it to China and came back with a Billion dollars for it.

The jobless claims two weeks ago was 3.3 million. Five times the previous record set in 1982.

Last week, that number doubled to 6.6 million.

It took years for that many jobs to be lost during the Great Recession.

The torrent of Americans filing for unemployment insurance skyrocketed last week as more than 6.6 million new claims were filed, the Labor Department reported Thursday. That brings to 10 million the total Americans who filed over the past two weeks.

Economists surveyed by Dow Jones had expected 3.1 million for last week, one week after 3.3 million filings in the first wave of what has been a record-shattering swelling of the jobless ranks. The previous week’s total was revised higher by 24,000.
But a lot of employers that were forced to close or chose to close have "laid off" their workers so they COULD collect, with the understanding that they will all be "hired" back as soon as the shut down is over. That was before the Relief packages passed Congress giving small businesses loans that they won't have to pay back if they pay their employees.

The government expanded the unemployment coverage to small business OWNERS and self-employed. That is why the numbers are going up so fast.

How is the government going to pay for this?

Let's see if I can explain this one to the OP. I'll try guys, here goes:

It's not Trump that has created this horrendous rise in unemployment. Let's create an equation, maybe he'll better understand it easier:

Pandemic = Demands for businesses to shutter = Millions of Americans become unemployed = Millions Americans file jobless claims

Does this help ? Notice, in the equation "Trump" is never mentioned.

Yeah.....a Pandemic will do that.
If only it was true when Trump said he was doing a great job and would have it down to zero in a few days.

Karma has made him the Food Stamp President.

The jobless claims two weeks ago was 3.3 million. Five times the previous record set in 1982.

Last week, that number doubled to 6.6 million.

It took years for that many jobs to be lost during the Great Recession.

The torrent of Americans filing for unemployment insurance skyrocketed last week as more than 6.6 million new claims were filed, the Labor Department reported Thursday. That brings to 10 million the total Americans who filed over the past two weeks.

Economists surveyed by Dow Jones had expected 3.1 million for last week, one week after 3.3 million filings in the first wave of what has been a record-shattering swelling of the jobless ranks. The previous week’s total was revised higher by 24,000.

Congratulations: You didn't mention "Trump" one single time.

You're improving.
:auiqs.jpg:

I know, and you know, and everyone knows you tards would be blaming Obama if he were in office.

Hannity's head would be exploding.

"But Obama..." :laughing0301:
Trump and Fox News have tried several times to blame Obama for Trump's failure to protect the American people.

As an unrepentent statist, you put far too much faith in your government to protect you. I don't see any other country's government keeping people from dying from this pandemic.

3.3 million new unemployment claims one week, shattering the 1982 record five times over.

6.6 million new unemployment claim the next week, doubling the previous record.

And now another week of 6.6 million new unemployment claims.

Unemployment is now over 10 percent.

Our food stamp president says this will be a V-shaped recovery, but I seriously doubt it.

3.3 million new unemployment claims one week, shattering the 1982 record five times over.

Our food stamp president says this will be a V-shaped recovery, but I seriously doubt it.

We already know. Most people aren't dependent on internet discussion boards for their main source of news.

Oh, wait: This isn't "news" any more. It's devolved into "opinion."

Maybe we shouldn't have shut the country down over a bad flu
Maybe Trump should have taken it more seriously than a flu. Then we wouldn't have the world's highest number of infections forcing an extended shutdown.

There was never a necessity for a shutdown, let alone an extended one.

TDS thread 1,344.

We already know. Most people aren't dependent on internet discussion boards for their main source of news.

Oh, wait: This isn't "news" any more. It's devolved into "opinion."
Yes, we get it. When unemployment numbers were published every month on this forum under Obama, that was good.

But it's NOT okay when it is Trump in office!

We get it. We get it.

TDS thread 1,344.

:auiqs.jpg:

New Topics

Forum List

Back