US War Crimes

The US government has long been above the law and not just on the treatment of prisoners of war.

Are you just now figuring this out?
The question is, do you believe that the International community should be investigating Americans for possible criminal prosecution?

They can prosecute all they want but nothing will happen
Of course you are right, but why do you find it acceptable that the US is not accountable for its perversion of internationally accepted behavior?
It is not acceptable, but it is reality.
So I will ask again. You are okay with Americans being put on trial for war crimes?
You do understand that you are pissing into the wind on this one. Feigning moral indignation can often be viewed as the whining of the whipped. I can't think of a better example except for maybe the self-righteous indignation pervading social media since Trump's victory.

The question is, do you believe that the International community should be investigating Americans for possible criminal prosecution?

Of course you are right, but why do you find it acceptable that the US is not accountable for its perversion of internationally accepted behavior?
So I will ask again. You are okay with Americans being put on trial for war crimes?
You do understand that you are pissing into the wind on this one. Feigning moral indignation can often be viewed as the whining of the whipped. I can't think of a better example except for maybe the self-righteous indignation pervading social media since Trump's victory.
And no different than the indignation over Hillary's indiscretions is kind of the point. Our government is the sum of its people. Immoral people naturally leads to an immoral government.

And no different than the indignation over Hillary's indiscretions is kind of the point. Our government is the sum of its people. Immoral people naturally leads to an immoral government.
Gee thanks Tehon. If anyone's looking for a conscience that lends itself to self-flagellation, I'll send them your way.

The International Criminal Court has released a report claiming to have a reasonable basis to believe that the USG tortured 61 prisoners in Afghanistan and 27 others at various CIA detention sites. They have yet to decide if they will open a full investigation. The USG says "no thanks, we police our own".

U.S. says war crimes probe of U.S. forces in Afghanistan unwarranted

Many of you voted against Clinton because you thought she acted above the law. Doesn't the USG act above the law and if so why would you feel it acceptable?

The ICC has the same authority as the 2nd string girls volleyball team from Susan B Anthony middle school in Pleasantown GA.

If you want to allege crimes, then get congress to investigate.

The International Criminal Court has released a report claiming to have a reasonable basis to believe that the USG tortured 61 prisoners in Afghanistan and 27 others at various CIA detention sites. They have yet to decide if they will open a full investigation. The USG says "no thanks, we police our own".

U.S. says war crimes probe of U.S. forces in Afghanistan unwarranted

Many of you voted against Clinton because you thought she acted above the law. Doesn't the USG act above the law and if so why would you feel it acceptable?
The US government has long been above the law and not just on the treatment of prisoners of war.

Since the end of WWII the us has slaughtered millions of innocent people on a global scale

That was not your question, but I am happy to answer.

I think it very appropriate for Americans to be put on trial for war crimes. The problem would be the power elite would see to it that only low level Americans be prosecuted. The real culprits like FDR, Truman, LBJ, W, BO, Hillary, etc....would be protected. Imagine the limiting affect on future pols, if leading American politicians were languishing in prison. It just might put an end to war altogether.

Last edited:

I think it very appropriate for Americans to be put on trial for war crimes. The problem would be the power elite would see to that only low level Americans be prosecuted. The real culprits like FDR, Truman, LBJ, W, BO, Hillary, etc....would be protected. Imagine the limiting affect on future pols, if leading American politicians were languishing in prison. It just might put an end to war altogether.
Have to start somewhere. Then follow the orders up the ladder. But we also need a populace that isn't so selective in their moral indignations. Patriotism and partisanship should have limitations.

US not a member of ICC.
Russia withdrew to avoid being charged with crimes in syria.

I think it very appropriate for Americans to be put on trial for war crimes. The problem would be the power elite would see to that only low level Americans be prosecuted. The real culprits like FDR, Truman, LBJ, W, BO, Hillary, etc....would be protected. Imagine the limiting affect on future pols, if leading American politicians were languishing in prison. It just might put an end to war altogether.
Have to start somewhere. Then follow the orders up the ladder. But we also need a populace that isn't so selective in their moral indignations. Patriotism and partisanship should have limitations.
Agreed. Patriotism is fine, but it has gotten out of hand in the US. This crap that young Americans go to the Middle East to fight for our freedoms, is a bunch of BS. I feel nothing but pity for the young people fighting the unjust wars of the power elite. They are being used as pawns in a game, that always enriches and empowers the State and it's friends.

War is always the health of the State.

It should be prevented by any means required.

Forum List

Back