US Ready to Abandon Key Nuclear Pact

Ending it is a big part of why Reagan added 186% to the national debt in his 8 years. We added 1.27 trillion in the previous FY without an arms race and in a booming economy. Not sure reigniting the cold war and having another arms race is a good idea.

Ending it is a big part of why Reagan added 186% to the national debt in his 8 years. We added 1.27 trillion in the previous FY without an arms race and in a booming economy. Not sure reigniting the cold war and having another arms race is a good idea.
pretty sure it's a horrible idea but now on the table. Like Pilot says also, for now it's simply political posturing. but not a good place to be when we have to do it to this level.

may you live in interesting times.

Political posturing.

They basically drew a red line, will be interesting to see if Trump follows through with it. It is not like Russia is going to get rid of its SSC-8's in the next 60 days.

Political posturing.

They basically drew a red line, will be interesting to see if Trump follows through with it. It is not like Russia is going to get rid of its SSC-8's in the next 60 days.
nope.

and i don't get the feeling trump will bluff.

Trump, in my opinion, is desperate to find something to be known for after his time as POTUS is over. He fancies himself greater than Reagan already, so this is just his attempt to prove it

So IF Trump does end it what do you exactly think will happen? Do you expect both countries to fire off all their nuclear arsenals? Do you expect a giant frenzy of nuclear missle building?

Myself I expect pretty much what has happened in the last ten years or more. Each country will go about doing what they think is best for their country. I do not expect a nuclear war. I do not expect a conventional war. Both countries know better.

So IF Trump does end it what do you exactly think will happen? Do you expect both countries to fire off all their nuclear arsenals? Do you expect a giant frenzy of nuclear missle building?

Myself I expect pretty much what has happened in the last ten years or more. Each country will go about doing what they think is best for their country. I do not expect a nuclear war. I do not expect a conventional war. Both countries know better.

I do agree it will not lead to a war, but a new arms race is very likely.

Political posturing.

nope.

and i don't get the feeling trump will bluff.

Trump, in my opinion, is desperate to find something to be known for after his time as POTUS is over. He fancies himself greater than Reagan already, so this is just his attempt to prove it
he will want some ego rubbing that's for sure.

tRump is doing what Putin wants.

How so? All our other policies under Trump have not aligned with Russia at all, including this position. Our Energy Policy, Trade, Military, International polices, Economic, etc are all against Russian interests.

How so? All our other policies under Trump have not aligned with Russia at all, including this position. Our Energy Policy, Trade, Military, International polices, Economic, etc are all against Russian interests.
Not true at all. This action in particular opens the way for a new arms race which Putin seems to want.

must you troll at every single opportunity?

Does the sun have to come up every morning? :21:
just gets damn old to keep hearing from people who have ZERO interest in discussion, just snark and bullshit and calling the other bad names they can giggle about back on the playground.

i need to stop saying "show ignored content". it hurts every time i do that and like a good doctor would tell you, don't do that... :)

I do agree it will not lead to a war, but a new arms race is very likely.
In what way I think most people in the U.S. are under the impression that a nuclear war is probably a bad unwinable idea. They are also under the impression that we have more then enough nuclear weapons in all the worlds arsenal to make the world completely uninhabitable as it is.

We already have enough debt yet some talk about expanding social programs to increase it. Others want programs cut to lower the debt. I don't believe there are that many that want more debt just for increasing a nuclear arsenal. So even if you get someone in congress, the military, or the White House who wants a arms race I think that others will shut them down.

Forum List

Back