US official says there will only be a ‘significant pause’ in Gaza when hostages released

toomuchtime_

Gold Member
Dec 29, 2008
US President Joe Biden’s main adviser on the Middle East says there will only be a “significant pause” in the Israel-Hamas war if hostages held by Hamas and other terror groups in Gaza are freed.

“The surge in humanitarian relief, the surge in fuel, the pause… will come when hostages are released,” Brett McGurk tells a security conference in Bahrain.

Release of a large number of hostages would result in “a significant pause… and a massive surge of humanitarian relief,” he says.

McGurk says Biden discussed the issue last night with the ruler of the Gulf nation of Qatar, which is leading mediation efforts towards a ceasefire and release of the captives.

I doubt very much Hamas will willingly release the hostages. I believe they will either be rescued by the IDF or murdered by Hamas.

I doubt very much Hamas will willingly release the hostages. I believe they will either be rescued by the IDF or murdered by Hamas.
On one hand, i'd agree they'd not give up the one playing card they have , especially given it appears their time may be short

OTOH, and only if you've understood the hannibal doctrine, they're already dead....

~S~

Forum List

Back