US Navy Reveals What Really Happened in the USS John McCain Catastrophe

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
So refreshing to see a Navy admiral tell the truth.

No matter how tough our operating environment, or how strained our budget, we shouldn’t be and cannot be colliding with other ships and running aground,” Moran told members of the House Armed Services Committee, according to the U.K. Daily Mail.

That is not about resourcing,” Moran said. “It is about safety and it is about leadership at sea.”

From Shock: US Navy Reveals What Really Happened in the USS John McCain Catastrophe

Admiral William Moran, the vice chief of naval operations, said a combination of the hectic pace of military operations along with the military’s tight budget led to the McCain collision, as well as the crash of the USS Fitzgerald in June

That does not explain what happened

That seems like a plea for more funding

Admiral William Moran, the vice chief of naval operations, said a combination of the hectic pace of military operations along with the military’s tight budget led to the McCain collision, as well as the crash of the USS Fitzgerald in June

Yeah-- a peace time deployment in a ship with the most modern electronics runs into another ship- while we had entire fleets in World War 2 with far more rudimentary radar somehow not running into each other while running blacked out.

I would like to see exactly how these latest two collisions happened. His explanation is far from a honest explanation.

Welcome to the result of the Democraps' new military...full of fags, anti-war intellectuals and the mentally ill.

Aren't they speshul.

We'll be reversing that trend, thank God.

North Korea has issued a ‘terrifyingly credible’ threat to destroy the US Navy by leaving stuff lying around and then waiting for the inevitable to happen.

In a chillingly-worded ultimatum this morning, DPRK state media said that the Dear Leader had ordered large, clearly marked objects to be left in the middle of the ocean for the Pacific fleet to blunder into.

The 7th Fleet has been placed on high alert, with mariners warned to be extra vigilant for dirty great objects bobbing round in the middle of a vast expanse of water and if possible to steer round them rather than into them.

However, military analysts have warned that the move could prove ‘devastating’ to American naval assets which have proven singularly incapable of sailing in anything other than a straight line.

North Korea threatens to sink US Navy by leaving stuff lying around for them to drive into

No matter how tough our operating environment, or how strained our budget, we shouldn’t be and cannot be colliding with other ships and running aground,” Moran told members of the House Armed Services Committee, according to the U.K. Daily Mail.

That is not about resourcing,” Moran said. “It is about safety and it is about leadership at sea.”

From Shock: US Navy Reveals What Really Happened in the USS John McCain Catastrophe
Total fucking bullshit. The operating budget did not make the US Navy lose control of 2 separate combat vessels.

I dont believe a fucking word of it

"
The amphibious vehicle got stuck and then caught fire as the Marines were trying to free it, the official said.

The command is investigating the cause of the incident. Gainey said he had no further information to release at this time.

The armored vehicle is used to cart Marines and their equipment from Navy ships onto land. It resembles a tank and travels through water before coming ashore."

http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2017/09/13/camp-pendleton-tank-accident/

I've seen guys get drunk and run an Abrahms M-1 off an embankment and turn it over..It's the military SNAFU..

I read the article and know just as much now as before I read it. Why didn't they tell what really happened?

Welcome to the result of the Democraps' new military...full of fags, anti-war intellectuals and the mentally ill.

Aren't they speshul.

Seems these collisions happened while Republicans are calling the shots

I thought they were going to make America great?

Yeah-- a peace time deployment in a ship with the most modern electronics runs into another ship- while we had entire fleets in World War 2 with far more rudimentary radar somehow not running into each other while running blacked out.

I would like to see exactly how these latest two collisions happened. His explanation is far from a honest explanation.

All ships in the last 200 plus years have had something called "The Watch"
The Watch is responsible for watching out for other ships

I would like to know why the watch could not pick up a cargo ship moving at 12 knots.

"Hectic pace and inadequate funding" does not explain it

Last edited:

All ships in the last 200 years have had something called "The Watch"

I would like to know why the watch could not pick up a cargo ship moving at 12 knots.

It could be a matter of inadequate funding...or it could be that the Navy is trying to operate too many boats for the money they have.

Aren't they speshul.

That's the conclusion you jumped to? What an idiot you are. There's no excuse for you to be this stupid.

Did it ever occur to you that navigation systems may have been hacked and to admit that would mean we have the means to prevent it but did not?

Nope! Because in your ossified brain, Democrats, Gays and intellectuals are to blame.

Democrats, Gays and intellectuals. Three groups you are not a part of and, therefore are suspicious of. Speaking for Democrats and intellectuals,everywhere, can I just say you are not welcome among us.

Aren't they speshul.

That's the conclusion you jumped to? What an idiot you are. There's no excuse for you to be this stupid.

Did it ever occur to you that navigation systems may have been hacked and to admit that would mean we have the means to prevent it but did not?

Nope! Because in your ossified brain, Democrats, Gays and intellectuals are to blame.

Democrats, Gays and intellectuals. Three groups you are not a part of and, therefore are suspicious of. Speaking for Democrats and intellectuals,everywhere, can I just say you are not welcome among us.

Navigation systems have NOTHING to do with following the Rules of the Road. Not seeing a ship that large, in the weather as it was described,is inexcusable.

I would love to get my hands around the neck of the idiot who started this "They could have been hacked" bullshit!

Aren't they speshul.

Navigation systems have NOTHING to do with following the Rules of the Road. Not seeing a ship that large, in the weather as it was described,is inexcusable.

I would love to get my hands around the neck of the idiot who started this "They could have been hacked" bullshit!
Sorry Commodore, but navigation has nothing to do with sailing a ship? I'm a land lubber and I don't buy that!

Aren't they speshul.

Sorry Commodore, but navigation has nothing to do with sailing a ship? I'm a land lubber and I don't buy that!

Navigation has to do with where your ship is located. It has nothing to do with the relative motion of other ships.

Back in the day, if we were "radio silent" and not emitting any radio or radar signals, we could get around each other just fine.

What do you people think they are going to do? Can a hacker tell a radar system that the ship that is about to run over them isn't really there? Can a hacker cause other ships to become invisible to the naked eye?

Come on! Invest about 2 minutes of deep thought and you'll see where this conspiracy theory starts falling part at the slightest touch.

Aren't they speshul.

I agree

No matter how hacked your instrumentation may be...... There is a big freak'n boat moving slowly into your path

All ships in the last 200 years have had something called "The Watch"

It could be a matter of inadequate funding...or it could be that the Navy is trying to operate too many boats for the money they have.

What does money have to do with a huge cargo ship slowly navigating into your path?

The Navy has yet to provide an adequate explanation

I could put a Seaman in his first day on the job and he could say....Sir, there is a big ship in our path

Saw a frightening and disgusting piece on FoxNews this morning when one of the guests pointed out that more US military personnel have died in training in the past year than at the hand of forces we're fighting around the world.

Think of that for a moment.

Forum List

Back