US Navy; Gays Si!, Catholics No!

JimBowie1958

Old Fogey
Sep 25, 2011
Mr President, here is an opportunity to score points with Catholics and servicemen at the same time; reverse this horrible decision.

Simply DREADFUL. It's incredible how MUCH Democrats and the mainstream media absolutely HATE Christians and Christianity.

When I was in the army chaplin was nondenominational..
actually it's not nor has it ever been nondenominational
As an Army Chaplain you will have the responsibility of caring for the spiritual well-being of Soldiers and their families. The Army Chaplaincy includes Ministers, Priests, Imams and Rabbis. Army Chaplains are the spiritual leaders of the Army and they perform religious ceremonies from births and baptisms, to confirmations and marriage, to illness and last rites.

Destroy anything Christian related.

You'd almost think there was something "anti-Christ" going on with the left wouldn't you?
"The Left" does not run the Navy. President Trump does. Unless you're calling Trump "anti-Christ." And WTF? Cost cutting measures? Didn't the military budget just go up to Three quarters of a Trillion dollars? Should be able to afford a few Catholic chaplains.

Too many gay pedophile priests and underage recruits in the Navy, and some lady or another is always pressing sexual harassment charges against the boys.

I’m trying to figure out wtf this has to do with gays. :eusa_think:

A) OP found the Faux Gnus invitation for rightarded geezers to hyperventilate about... something was a little lacking in juice, and so he chose to, er, juice it up.

B) OP lost his mind completely, and can no longer suppress his obsession with gays.

On another note, does it matter? As an expression of OP's state of "mind", it isn't lacking in precision.

"... religious services will be cut at bases where those services are readily available in the surrounding community outside the base."

I'm RC, a veteran, and this is OK by me. It places RC's in the same position as Mormons, Muslims, and jews, for whom on-base services have always been rare.

No big deal.

"... religious services will be cut at bases where those services are readily available in the surrounding community outside the base."
They never should have been offered officially in the first place by any branch of the U.S. government.

Too much church-and-flag protocol and thank-you-for-your-service.

If the soldiers or sailors wish to attend religious services that happen to be available in the area, presumably they are free to do so, if people can't have an informal Bible study and break it up if there's trouble or people start being full of shit in church.

I'm RC, a veteran, and this is OK by me. It places RC's in the same position as Mormons, Muslims, and jews, for whom on-base services have always been rare.

No big deal.
This is not about how they acn attend service.

It is about what the Navy permits and does not.

They never should have been offered officially in the first place by any branch of the U.S. government.

Too much church-and-flag protocol and thank-you-for-your-service.

If the soldiers or sailors wish to attend religious services that happen to be available in the area, presumably they are free to do so, if people can't have an informal Bible study and break it up if there's trouble or people start being full of shit in church.
The war is on religion. The older people know this. There are people I know who are of that age and they believe something is wrong. One party has eliminated God completely or just uses lip service. You don't have to be mensa. Even so inertia keeps moving left as more restrictions are placed on religion.

Mr President, here is an opportunity to score points with Catholics and servicemen at the same time; reverse this horrible decision.

Simply DREADFUL. It's incredible how MUCH Democrats and the mainstream media absolutely HATE Christians and Christianity.
If they really tried to walk in the footsteps of Jesus they might be taken seriously. They claim to be pro-life but after a mass shooting or when we start wars just to amuse ourselves they are nowhere to be found. They send bus loads of "pro-life" phonies to an anti-abortion rally in D.C. but not to an anti-war rally. Protect the fetus but when the child is born it`s okay to drop a bomb on him/her as long as they`re poor and have dark skin.

No big deal.
This is not about how they acn attend service.

It is about what the Navy permits and does not.

How so? The Navy isn’t going to continue to contract out to civilian priests. It doesn’t say anything about preventing anyone from worshipping.

The war is on religion. The older people know this. There are people I know who are of that age and they believe something is wrong.
I don't think the U.S. military has any war against religion in general. It's a separation of church and state. If personnel on a military base wish to organize and hold religious services, it needs be on the basis of "space available" as for any other meeting or social function, not on an official basis with an ordained military chaplain.
One party has eliminated God completely or just uses lip service. You don't have to be mensa. Even so inertia keeps moving left as more restrictions are placed on religion.
That's the Democrats of course, but the Christian Democrat Union in Europe has other issues: people go to church on Sunday and then they vote for the same abortion "rights," nationalized health care, and social welfare policies as atheist/agnostic Democrats in the U.S. if the word "Christian" in the name of a political party even counts for lip service.

Forum List

Back