US Men's Basketball Team Wins Gold Medal

candycorn

Diamond Member
Aug 25, 2009
Deep State Plant.
I admit I was worried there for a moment. That is 4 straight!

But it's time to stop the professionals from playing in the Olympics. Send a college all-star team that wants to go and take your chances. We may lose frequently but it would be good to see and nobody will ever confuse being an Olympic Champion in basketball with being the best in the world.

But it's time to stop the professionals from playing in the Olympics. Send a college all-star team that wants to go and take your chances. We may lose frequently but it would be good to see and nobody will ever confuse being an Olympic Champion in basketball with being the best in the world.

Winning is expected of the US. Not winning is embarrassing.

Japan won gold in baseball, but the US sent minor leaguers.

Winning is expected of the US. Not winning is embarrassing.

Japan won gold in baseball, but the US sent minor leaguers.
That expectation is not correct in terms of the Olympic games... in my view. Professionals should stick to professional leagues...my view.

Proud of our team...weird Olympics during a weird time. At first I was sort of "why are they doing this"...the last few nights I've been feeling like the old times; admiring the divers.

All the other teams that were competitive with the U.S. had NBA players and Euro league players on their squads, namely Spain, France, and Australia. No need for the U.S. to be at a competitive disadvantage, besides, these NBA players were clearly overjoyed to have won a gold medal, and the desire to play in the Olympics is real. I think the U.S. kinda toyed with France in the second half, not keeping their foot on the gas the entire second half. Didn't help France that Gobert cannot shoot free throws.

That expectation is not correct in terms of the Olympic games... in my view. Professionals should stick to professional leagues...my view.

Proud of our team...weird Olympics during a weird time. At first I was sort of "why are they doing this"...the last few nights I've been feeling like the old times; admiring the divers.

Yes, the Olympics as a non-professional tournament would be great, but then countries like Russia, China, the UK, the US spend a lot of money on athletes for nationalistic purposes, and they'd do it even while claiming their athletes are "amateur"

I watched the cornhole championship all day....

Yes, the Olympics as a non-professional tournament would be great, but then countries like Russia, China, the UK, the US spend a lot of money on athletes for nationalistic purposes, and they'd do it even while claiming their athletes are "amateur"
Yeah... I don't really care that much about the winning so much as to some purity (probably just in my mind) Quixotic quest I have.

I don't even look at the medal tables unless I'm prompted to. Right now I'm watching our Women's V-Ball team do battle with Brazil. Compare their energy to the US Men's team... No comparison.

I literally turned the TV on when Brazil played Germany in the soccer, Brazil were winning 3-0, I watched for a minute or two and turned off when I realized there was still an hour to go.

That's my Olympics.

I literally turned the TV on when Brazil played Germany in the soccer, Brazil were winning 3-0, I watched for a minute or two and turned off when I realized there was still an hour to go.

That's my Olympics.
You're probably not interested....but I think it was the world cup semi-final from about 8 years ago or something; Germany was playing Brazil....I think Germany won something like 7-1. Brazil may have wanted some payback.

You're probably not interested....but I think it was the world cup semi-final from about 8 years ago or something; Germany was playing Brazil....I think Germany won something like 7-1. Brazil may have wanted some payback.

I grew up with Soccer, as I get older I'm less interested, but still follow it.

Sure, but this is different. This is under 21's soccer. It's not really that important. Winning that match won't help the Brazilians in any way at all. They've probably forgotten they just won gold already.

Forum List

Back