US Liberal Media being discarded and scrap heaped .

luiza

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2022
Slowly but surely the Lieberall Fake News media is being kicked out of town .

Mr and Mrs Ordinary can now smell the crap and are sick of so called news that turns out to be one shade and sort of lie time after time .

Another great move that will help decent people Make America Great Again .

It's a terrible time for America's liberal media - with companies laying off, implementing hiring freezes, and other cost-cutting measures. Some media companies have even collapsed in valuation. Many are blaming increasing macroeconomic uncertainty that has crushed advertising revenues.

A wave of recent layoffs has hit media companies, including CNN, Buzzfeed, Paramount Global (the parent to CBS, MTV, VH1), The Walt Disney Company, Comcast, Roku, Morning Brew, Gannett (parent company to USA Today), and many more in the past year.

Add Vox Media, which owns brands like The Verge, SB Nation, and New York magazine, to the growing list of media layoffs.

Axios obtained an internal memo from CEO Jim Bankoff to staff about reducing headcount by 7%. About 1,900 people work for the company, which equates to about 133 layoffs.

Bankoff noted that the headcount reduction would impact teams across revenue, editorial, operations, and core services.

"While we are not expecting further layoffs at this time, we will continue to assess our outlook, keep a tight control on expenses and consider implementing other cost savings measures as needed," he said, adding layoffs were a last resort.
The move was to address the coming downturn in the economy.

Besides layoffs and other cost measures, media company valuations have plunged.

For instance, Vice Media is putting itself up for sale (again) at around a billion-dollar valuation, according to CNBC, citing people familiar with the talks.

Today's number is far from the $5.7 billion valuation in 2017.

CNBC previously reported Vice hired financial advisors to seek a sale.

One of Vice's lenders, Fortress Investment Group, is pushing for a sale.

Zero Hedge , 22-01-23

Meanwhile, Buzzfeed's SPAC is only getting worse -- with a current market cap of $129 million -- down from more than a billion dollars a year ago.

Sadly, lots of die hard dunderheads still gobbling there waste product like it's hot apple pie.
Some you CANNOT teach. Some cannot learn. You cannot save a person from themselves.

But a crumbling Leftist Corporate Cartel Propaganda Media is a great thing.
We ALL need to do our parts to accelerate this.

The Federal Reserve shut down the free money and nearly everything has dropped.

Elon Musk says Twitter has had 'massive' revenue drop as advertisers pause spending

Why Shares of Goldman Sachs Fell 22.4% in the First Half of This Year | The Motley Fool

Where should Mr. & Mrs. Ordinary go for accurate, comprehensive, intellectually honest news and information?
.From the King/Queen of the Constantly Deluded.
I can understand why such a fair, reasonable and benign question would trigger a personal attack from someone like you.

Perfect.

Slowly but surely the Lieberall Fake News media is being kicked out of town .

Mr and Mrs Ordinary can now smell the crap and are sick of so called news that turns out to be one shade and sort of lie time after time .

Another great move that will help decent people Make America Great Again .

It's a terrible time for America's liberal media - with companies laying off, implementing hiring freezes, and other cost-cutting measures. Some media companies have even collapsed in valuation. Many are blaming increasing macroeconomic uncertainty that has crushed advertising revenues.

A wave of recent layoffs has hit media companies, including CNN, Buzzfeed, Paramount Global (the parent to CBS, MTV, VH1), The Walt Disney Company, Comcast, Roku, Morning Brew, Gannett (parent company to USA Today), and many more in the past year.

Add Vox Media, which owns brands like The Verge, SB Nation, and New York magazine, to the growing list of media layoffs.

Axios obtained an internal memo from CEO Jim Bankoff to staff about reducing headcount by 7%. About 1,900 people work for the company, which equates to about 133 layoffs.

Bankoff noted that the headcount reduction would impact teams across revenue, editorial, operations, and core services.

The move was to address the coming downturn in the economy.

Besides layoffs and other cost measures, media company valuations have plunged.

For instance, Vice Media is putting itself up for sale (again) at around a billion-dollar valuation, according to CNBC, citing people familiar with the talks.

Today's number is far from the $5.7 billion valuation in 2017.

CNBC previously reported Vice hired financial advisors to seek a sale.

One of Vice's lenders, Fortress Investment Group, is pushing for a sale.

Zero Hedge , 22-01-23

Meanwhile, Buzzfeed's SPAC is only getting worse -- with a current market cap of $129 million -- down from more than a billion dollars a year ago.

Took five words to dismiss what you wrote as crap

Where should Mr. & Mrs. Ordinary go for accurate, comprehensive, intellectually honest news and information?

The best of all possible questions --- ignoring AI computers and sheltered entities in S4

Regardless of ensuing comments , these are checked out sites by myself over many, many years .
Just a few to possibly get some people started .Your choice .

Zero Hedge-- tops for rolling , high class news . CIA , Wiki, Twitter etc tried to rubbish them because they were and still are scared by them .
The real owners are untouchables being anonymous self made millionaires who got sick of the matrix .

James Corbett -- Corbett Report. clever, very sensible , pragmatic and 100% honest and sources everything .

Moon of Alabama -- remarkable anonymous one band operation , apparently . Details and sources
everything

Catherine Austin Fitts -- Solari Report . Cleverest woman on the net.

Joseph P Farrell -- very broad ranged polymath who loves sense based speculation .

Jordan Peterson -- a global treasure . Intelligent and wise.

Clif High -- only for high(!) IQ people with zero cognitive rigidity .Too " way out" for Sheeple and Normies .

Not interested in criticism as I have spent 20 years analysing information sources-- most difficult of all problems .
All imho .

Last edited:
The best of all possible questions --- ignoring AI computers and sheltered entities in S4

Regardless of ensuing comments , these are checked out sites by myself over many, many years .
Just a few to possibly get some people started .Your choice .

Zero Hedge-- tops for rolling , high class news . CIA , Wiki, Twitter etc tried to rubbish them because they were and still are scared by them .
The real owners are untouchables being anonymous self made millionaires who got sick of the matrix .

James Corbett -- Corbett Report. clever, very sensible , pragmatic and 100% honest and sources everything .

Moon of Alabama -- remarkable anonymous one band operation , apparently . Details and sources
everything

Catherine Austin Fitts -- Solari Report . Cleverest woman on the net.

Joseph P Farrell -- very broad ranged polymath who loves sense based speculation .

Jordan Peterson -- a global treasure . Intelligent and wise.

Clif High -- only for high(!) IQ people with zero cognitive rigidity .Too " way out" for Sheeple and Normies .

Not interested in criticism as I have spent 20 years analysing information sources-- most difficult of all problems .
All imho .

Read some, not all. I'll check them out but it was nice to see someone simply answer a simple question as opposed to deflect and demean.

Journalism now is the same it has always been
Thomas Jefferson supported yet decried the press all in one sentence, so your disdain is noted yet not new. I suggest you do what I decided to do in 1990 when I got out of the business, "just don't look".

so you're aware of it's political swings, disinformation and censorship , the decline of journalism , etc

~S~
100% . My number one pass time -- perhaps sadly.

Non smoker , barely drink but love the problem of trying to obtain facts and knowledge in this complex matrix .

So called alternative media is alive big time and flourishing .imho.
But it is DYOR .

100% . My number one pass time -- perhaps sadly.

Non smoker , barely drink but love the problem of trying to obtain facts and knowledge in this complex matrix .

So called alternative media is alive big time and flourishing .imho.
But it is DYOR .

As hard as they work to shut it down and then try to tell us they're not scared.

What fun theatre of the absurd!

Journalism now is the same it has always been
Im afraid not Moon dude, ask the older crowd, and you'll find they're all rather (as in Dan) dismayed

Further, FB in '17 started a 'journalism project' , which was no more than the Zuck greasing every online periodical , with his 'play by my rules' caveat

why do you think the media was so interested here>>>

180410-mark-zuckerberg-senate-njs-1437.jpg

~S~

Forum List

Back