US is worse off now than it was a year ago

You may be right, we will never know. Trump had 3 good years where there was literally no major crisis at all. The economy kept doing well, but it was being helped by massive government spending.

He had a crisis and in my opinion he failed in his response. I will get blasted for saying so, but I am sort of used to it
I agree he mishandled the response. VOILA!!!

Stock Market Today: October 26, 2020
Harvey S. Katz, CFA | October 26, 2020

As to the stock market, the Dow Jones Industrial Average now is off 860 points, bringing the blue chip composite down to below 27,500. The S&P 500 Index is down by 88 points and the NASDAQ is lower by 280 points. There is no place to hide.

Compared to today

Dow Jones Industrial Average / Stock Price

35,788.11 +46.96 (0.13%)

If you think a DOW at 27,500 was BETTER than the DOW at 35,788 you're a moron
And you're crazy if you think that the China virus had nothing to do with what happened when the
economy shut down, are you this stupid???? Really????

I don't know how much the price of food, or gas is up by,
but the DOW is up over 30% compared to this day a year ago.

It does - From the CDC

These estimates suggest that during this period, there were approximately:

120.2 Million​

Estimated Total Infections

101.8 Million​

Estimated Symptomatic Illnesses

6.2 Million​

Estimated Hospitalizations

767,000​

Estimated Total Deaths

99.4% survive. Need help with your math, leftist?

No, you misread my post.

I said that you claimed the actual COVID deaths was a tiny fraction of the deaths that are claimed (not a tiny fraction of the cases). I'll try to find the post, but I think you were claiming something like 90% of COVID deaths weren't actually COVID deaths.

No, you misread my post.

I said that you claimed the actual COVID deaths was a tiny fraction of the deaths that are claimed (not a tiny fraction of the cases). I'll try to find the post, but I think you were claiming something like 90% of COVID deaths weren't actually COVID deaths.
LMAO....OK....find that post.

He could have behaved with more humility and dignity. I think that's about it though.

He could have been honest, he could have done what he did in late March in late Jan instead...just to name a couple

What do you expect a year after the Trump economic disaster?

united-states-gdp.png
Trump economic what? With all the jobs he had and our economy running full speed to the dems, swamp, fauci, and the chinese unleashed the Kung-Flu 19 on us.

Moron? Are you calling me, the messenger that? 56% of Independents say we are worse off now and the stock market isn't the only indicator. So who is the moron? What part of my OP do you disagree with?

Obviously the investor class would disagree with you.
Ask Elon Musk, or Jeff Bezos if they are better off today, or a year ago, and they'll certainly
disagree with your premise.

He could have behaved with more humility and dignity. I think that's about it though.
He should have along with Birx and Fauci given equal time to financial experts to illustrate how shutting down would cause major economic issues. He also should have given equal time to psychology experts to show how shutting down would cause an increase in depression, alcoholism, abuse, suicide, etc.

Present the people with multiple POVs when it comes to shut downs, masks, etc.

He could have been honest, he could have done what he did in late March in late Jan instead...just to name a couple
A lot of people didn't want to overreact, including myself. Shutting down travel and the economy is an extremely big decision that isn't easy to make. Maybe he deserves some slack on this one.

Obviously the investor class would disagree with you.
Ask Elon Musk, or Jeff Bezos if they are better off today, or a year ago, and they'll certainly
disagree with your premise.
With me or with 56% of the independents? So now we are going to poll the two richest people in the world? LOL

Are you feeling OK?

COVID is better. The economy is better.

But man, people are crazy as ever.
yeah. And it wasn't better.

But perception is everything, and imo its undeniable that Biden's policies on Afghan and the border were clusterfuckish. But he's not up for reelection for awhile, so it may be early to write the epitaph.

A lot of people didn't want to overreact, including myself. Shutting down travel and the economy is an extremely big decision that isn't easy to make. Maybe he deserves some slack on this one.

I am a fan of telling the people the truth and letting them make informed decisions. Trump admitted he knew how bad it was going to be and held it back. The Fed Govt tell us they did not know how bad it was going to be but somehow knew enough to start a 6 week construction project in early Feb to turn a unit into a negative pressure area just for treating COVID patients.

And you're crazy if you think that the China virus had nothing to do with what happened when the
economy shut down, are you this stupid???? Really????

Nobody was talking about COVID, the OP is whether we are better off today, than a year ago. And by many metrics we're better off. No by all metrics, but the majority put us in better shape than a year ago.

Forum List

Back