US Air Force Ran A Social Experiment To Graduate More Minority Pilots. It Didn’t Go As Planned

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia

As part of the larger military-wide effort to promote diversity in the service’s pilot ranks, the 19th Air Force command near San Antonio, Texas, “clustered” racial minorities and female trainees into one class, dubbed “America’s Class,” to find out if doing so would improve the pilots’ graduation rates. However, not only did the effort fail to boost minority and women candidates’ success rates, but officers involved say they were ordered to engage in potentially unlawful discrimination by excluding white males from the class, documents show.

And just think, quality candidates had their dreams crushed by this. Years and years of sacrifice with a singular focus/goal in mind, all to get thrown out by the pursuit of woke cultism.

Add to that since the ‘strategy’ was not conceived via a process involving rational thought so it’s unlikely that they would be able to ‘rethink’ something that did not originate from ‘thinking’ in the first place.

BTW....Take heart the next time you fly commercial....The carriers are doing the same fucked in the head thing.

I swear, Clown World is getting a bit too much....Honk-Honk.

And just think, quality candidates had their dreams crushed by this. Years and years of sacrifice with a singular focus/goal in mind, all to get thrown out by the pursuit of woke cultism.

Add to that since the ‘strategy’ was not conceived via a process involving rational thought so it’s unlikely that they would be able to ‘rethink’ something that did not originate from ‘thinking’ in the first place.

BTW....Take heart the next time you fly commercial....The carriers are doing the same fucked in the head thing.

I swear, Clown World is getting a bit too much....Honk-Honk.
That entire part of your post is a fabricated dramatization. From the article it was 3 classes of 30 or less people where most graduated, the results were found to be inconclusive, and they may or may not try something like this in the future.

That entire part of your post is a fabricated dramatization. From the article it was 3 classes of 30 or less people where most graduated, the results were found to be inconclusive, and they may or may not try something like this in the future.
Inconclusive? How many smoldering holes in the ground will they have to make before it's deemed conclusive?

You don't "experiment" with .mil (or commercial flight crew) the results are too deadly to contemplate.

I mean history has born-out minorities and the non-college educated can fly given the proper skill set.

The US used black pilots and the RAF used Sgt. pilots, the Soviets used women pilots in WW-II. We used women pilots in non-combat (ferrying) roles too.

Why does the wheel need to be reinvented? Just hold everyone to the same rigorous standard and let things naturally fall where they may.

Inconclusive? How many smoldering holes in the ground will they have to make before it's deemed conclusive?

You don't "experiment" with .mil (or commercial flight crew) the results are too deadly to contemplate.

I mean history has born-out minorities and the non-college educated can fly given the proper skill set.

The US used black pilots and the RAF used Sgt. pilots, the Soviets used women pilots in WW-II. We used women pilots in non-combat (ferrying) roles too.

Why does the wheel need to be reinvented? Just hold everyone to the same rigorous standard and let things naturally fall where they may.
The military will always experiment. Your idea that there is no need for experimentation and that the military used to never experiment is completely imaginary.

Political influence in the military is nothing new. As I recall the Clintons wanted a female Carrier pilot and they pushed a babe through flight school before she was ready. As you would expect her attempted landing on a Carrier ranks in the most out of control landings in non combat history. Luckily her navigator saw it coming and ejected.

Political influence in the military is nothing new. As I recall the Clintons wanted a female Carrier pilot and they pushed a babe through flight school before she was ready. As you would expect her attempted landing on a Carrier ranks in the most out of control landings in non combat history. Luckily her navigator saw it coming and ejected.
I think most common sense focused American's with at least a litmus test at best can learn to do just about anything, but what the problem becomes is time and money as well as class sizes.

How long are we willing to go or spend on these social experiments ?? Worst than that - upon doing so, are we discriminating against more qualified candidates due to not having but so many open slots, otherwise where excellent candidates are being sent to the back of the line in lue of those being experimented with by government, and it attempting to oppease various group's and group think in the reckless world of political correctness on steroid's ??????

Forum List

Back