urgent prayers needed please

Have faith in the species. Cats are notoriously independent and self-sufficient, and if she's feral or semi-feral, even more so.

I used to fret when my young cat would situate himself in a treetop for days. People kept telling me the cat's instinct will bring it down on its own. They were right.

Then there was Hector. Hector was my ex-GF's cat in New Orleans. When Katrina came I made a plan to evacuate her and her pets. We packed up the car including the dog, but Hector had run outside. We combed the neighborhood all over, no Hector.

We had to go, it was getting too late. "The Big One" was enroute. So we left. Over the next five weeks while nobody was allowed back into New Orleans we checked what internet resources we could find looking for anything matching Hector's description. No leads. No clues. Nothing.

Finally when we were allowed back into the city in October we came to her house supplied with dust masks and all the appropriate cleaning gear. Soon as we got to the back window --- there popped Hector. He looked up at us as if to say, "where the fuck you two been?" He was perfectly healthy, in fact had put on a bit of weight and his coat looked great. Whatever he had been eating and however he got along, only he knows.

Hector went to her father's house after that where he spent the rest of his life keeping the old guy company. He just passed away this winter at the age of 19.

Cats, remember, are much closer to their wild stage than, say, dogs are. For them we're strictly an option -- they can and do get along without us just fine.

Hope this helps.

Honest question - with the hatred you show so many of your fellow christians on here, why would they be inclined to help you?

Because, unlike you pond scum, that have your values up your ass, MANY conservatives give a shit about unprotected, non human beings, and NOT INVADERS! :ahole-1:..and that from an agnostic!

007, hope you find her, and if you do, now is the time to RESCUE her, as your call for help, is a sign that you really care! Good luck!
actually, my values have me take in strays when i come across them and find them homes.

let's be clear, he's not asking for prayers that the cat is safe, or that the cat has a good home now.
he's asking for prayers to keep a cat out on the street because he likes it there and wants to see it there.

so we do agree on one thing (i never thought it would happen). now is the time to rescue the cat if it is in fact so important.

He can't take any more, for whatever reason, BUT YOUR usual lack of supposed CHRISTIAN attitude, If you are one, is informative about YOU!
didn't say he had to take them. you made a very good suggestion about contacting shelters.
i just think that the occasion calls for a little introspection on how he treats others, and whether the prayer request is selfish.

Honest question - with the hatred you show so many of your fellow christians on here, why would they be inclined to help you?

please cite post #, thx.
come on. you know you're constantly on here telling catholics what you think they believe and then trashing that idea, and spreading vile lies about them - why should they want to pray on your behalf now?

Mercy and forgiveness?

please cite post #, thx.
come on. you know you're constantly on here telling catholics what you think they believe and then trashing that idea, and spreading vile lies about them - why should they want to pray on your behalf now?

Mercy and forgiveness.
lol. obviously. doesn't mean that you can't take an opportunity to think about how you've treated people you're now asking for a favor.

Because, unlike you pond scum, that have your values up your ass, MANY conservatives give a shit about unprotected, non human beings, and NOT INVADERS! :ahole-1:..and that from an agnostic!

007, hope you find her, and if you do, now is the time to RESCUE her, as your call for help, is a sign that you really care! Good luck!
actually, my values have me take in strays when i come across them and find them homes.

let's be clear, he's not asking for prayers that the cat is safe, or that the cat has a good home now.
he's asking for prayers to keep a cat out on the street because he likes it there and wants to see it there.

so we do agree on one thing (i never thought it would happen). now is the time to rescue the cat if it is in fact so important.

He can't take any more, for whatever reason, BUT YOUR usual lack of supposed CHRISTIAN attitude, If you are one, is informative about YOU!
didn't say he had to take them. you made a very good suggestion about contacting shelters.
i just think that the occasion calls for a little introspection on how he treats others, and whether the prayer request is selfish.

I disagree, but that is your option, as mine is to point out your UNCHRISTIAN attitude....YOU should be the bigger person, don't you think?

My absolute favorite cat has gone missing. She lives downtown behind a business/fenced in area. THIS IS NOT the same cat from before me and my neighbor were "fighting" over. Last time I saw her was Sunday night at the tail end of the big mid west snow storm. She is a feral outside only cat. I got her fixed about 6 months ago. I brought two of her kittens (daughters) home with me a year ago. Now only her one daughter is left:(

Pretty (her name) has NEVER RUN away from where she gets fed everyday for two years. This is killing me. I called her a lot and looked for her since Sunday night after I saw her last. Pretty is an amazing calico cat and like I said she is fixed. There are 3 different cat shelters back there for them.

The only thing I can think of is she got scared from one of the other feral cats that is now there in the same spot. Not sure if that cat is a male or female. I am 95% sure she isn't trapped in the foot of snow because I saw her AFTER when the storm was ending. I even shoveled behind this business so they could walk around easier. All the other cats are still there. There are 3 others total besides Pretty

Please pray that she pops up tom. (Wed.) when I go feed the other cat. I cannot sleep. She is like my baby:( Thank You, Kevin.

ETA- Pretty is very skittish and will only let me near her. It took me a full year to pet her when she was a kitten.

I'm just a newbie but I sure will. When cats don't return its awful because you don't know what happened to them. On New Years Eve I had a cat never come back. He had been sick for awhile...insulin and other things not really working. He use to love sitting on the porch so that day it was sunny and kinda warm and I let him out. Never saw him again. I felt awful. it was freezing that night. I guess it was just "his time" my wish is he went off & passed away peacefully.
...hope she comes back. Calicos are beautiful.

My absolute favorite cat has gone missing. She lives downtown behind a business/fenced in area. THIS IS NOT the same cat from before me and my neighbor were "fighting" over. Last time I saw her was Sunday night at the tail end of the big mid west snow storm. She is a feral outside only cat. I got her fixed about 6 months ago. I brought two of her kittens (daughters) home with me a year ago. Now only her one daughter is left:(

Pretty (her name) has NEVER RUN away from where she gets fed everyday for two years. This is killing me. I called her a lot and looked for her since Sunday night after I saw her last. Pretty is an amazing calico cat and like I said she is fixed. There are 3 different cat shelters back there for them.

The only thing I can think of is she got scared from one of the other feral cats that is now there in the same spot. Not sure if that cat is a male or female. I am 95% sure she isn't trapped in the foot of snow because I saw her AFTER when the storm was ending. I even shoveled behind this business so they could walk around easier. All the other cats are still there. There are 3 others total besides Pretty

Please pray that she pops up tom. (Wed.) when I go feed the other cat. I cannot sleep. She is like my baby:( Thank You, Kevin.

ETA- Pretty is very skittish and will only let me near her. It took me a full year to pet her when she was a kitten.

Kevin, I hope things work out for you and Pretty. I will say prayers and that she will be safe and loved throughout her journey until you two are reunited.:)

I had a dog that ran away when I had just turned my back. I did not know it and a kind neighbor told me she saw my dog walking on the road. That started a whole neighborhood search for my baby. She was found safe later, I will never forget those people who helped me that day.:D

Because some things transcend board bickering and personas.

Hope she returns soon.

So you just left "your" cat outside during a terrible snow storm.

What makes it "your" cat?

I hope that cat is alive somewhere in a happy home getting the love it deserves.

Through different situations, I've been where you are now, many times in my life . . . unfortunately, 'nothing fails like prayer'. It's a sad, sad world we have all evolved into . . . I hope and wish the very best for you. Much love to both you and Pretty. ~ Susan

found her guys!:) thanks so much. I hope she is still ok/there tom. Pretty wandered off to a seldom used house porch (under it). She was stuck as far as getting back to her regular "home" as their was a foot of snow blocking her path from the old sweet ladies porch to her back yard and then into the alley. I dug it out and made a nice path for her. Kevin.

found her guys!:) thanks so much. I hope she is still ok/there tom. Pretty wandered off to a seldom used house porch (under it). She was stuck as far as getting back to her regular "home" as their was a foot of snow blocking her path from the old sweet ladies porch to her back yard and then into the alley. I dug it out and made a nice path for her. Kevin.
Very happy for you both. :)

Forum List

Back