Update: To the IRS Phone Scam

Bruce_T_Laney

Platinum Member
May 27, 2014
Hell
I had wrote in the rubber room about this crazy ass call I got from some scammer that claimed to be with the IRS and they were going to sue me for some debt they claimed I owed the IRS...

Error | US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Well it seem the U.S. Justice Department will be charging more than sixty people with fraud and other charges. Twenty people were arrested here in the United States of America and this involves Call Centers in India...

If you ever get one of those calls you need to know:

1. The IRS will not call you but send a letter to you.

2. If ICE is looking for you they will not call.

3. The IRS and ICE will not attempt to collect money over the phone and will not require that you pay them with Prepaid cards.

I can not believe that so many people were scammed for nearly three hundred million dollars but they were.

Now one disturbing event was this:

" And when a Colorado man did not respond to repeated demands that he pay supposed back taxes, scammers posing as him called 911 and said that he was armed and eager to kill police officers, prompting law enforcement officers to surround him at home, officials said. "

When you have scammers willing to get you killed to get money from you, well that is more than fucked up!

So if you get these calls you should:

1. Let them go to voice mail.

2. If the voicemail claims they are IRS then notify you AG office of the State you live in and the IRS and ICE.

3. If they get you on the Phone do not divulge any information even if they have your name and know stuff from social media...

Another thing people should attempt to do is have a burner phone like me so that these scammers will call... Now the reason they might have called me is because of my adopted brother that was born in the Philippines and if so they were barking up the wrong tree because the number they were calling was my burner phone which I let him use as a contact number.

This avoids scammers attempting to scam him and dealing with me...

With the bust this will not stop scammers attempting this again but it will be quiet for awhile and here is the article about the bust:

US charge 61 defendants in India-based call center scam which took $300MILLION | Daily Mail Online

Note:

This was not created in the Rubber Room but if the Mods want to combine my other thread with this thread please do so and thanks for reading...

I've had a few of those calls too

It was fairly obvious from the start that it was a scam. I think one identified himself as from the Internal Revenue System

I would usually play with them for a few minutes and then cuss them out when I got tired of it

• Banned

It was fairly obvious from the start that it was a scam. I think one identified himself as from the Internal Revenue System

I would usually play with them for a few minutes and then cuss them out when I got tired of it

Yeah, one left a message in my Voicemail claiming they were IRS with a Indian Accent and another used Robo calling message claiming they were IRS.

The Robo Calling one was from a cellphone outside Midland, Texas so I texted the number after no response and told them they were calling my burner phone and wrote that the message was sent to the Texas AG for further investigation...

Soon after that they disconnected their phones ( I mean the next day ) and I have never gotten another call...

I feel bad for those that lost money but what was more disturbing is the idea those scammers will call 911 and claim to be you!

Yeah, one left a message in my Voicemail claiming they were IRS with a Indian Accent and another used Robo calling message claiming they were IRS.

The Robo Calling one was from a cellphone outside Midland, Texas so I texted the number after no response and told them they were calling my burner phone and wrote that the message was sent to the Texas AG for further investigation...

Soon after that they disconnected their phones ( I mean the next day ) and I have never gotten another call...

I feel bad for those that lost money but what was more disturbing is the idea those scammers will call 911 and claim to be you!

Doesn't 911 have caller ID so they can track the location of the caller?

I look forward to those calls. I like acting like I'm falling for it, then ask the guy with a Pakistani accent to write down my fake name and credit card info, then I ask him to roll up the paper and stick it up his mother's @$$, or better I ask him how his sister is faring as a prostitute. There was a period where I was getting those like once a week. LOL

Then there's another group with the same Pakistani accent that claims they're from Microsoft help, and pretend that your computer sent them a signal to call you. Then they either guide people through a one hour process of either "upgrading cleaning and speeding up your computer" and then ask for your payment information for their services, or even worse, fool people to hack into their computer and personal info. Those are even more fun because I can pull their leg for a long time, putting them on speaker and pretend that I'm following their instructions while everybody around me laughs at the show.

In any event it's pretty obvious these guys aren't even calling from the US for you to call the IRS or law enforcement. They're using a device that create a fake caller ID number, or using companies that provide online phone numbers for cold calling companies.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back