Until Tuesday

odanny

Diamond Member
May 7, 2017
Midwest - Trumplandia
Has anyone read this work by Luis Carlos Montalvan?

Until Tuesday: A Wounded Warrior and the Golden Retriever Who Saved Him: Luis Carlos Montalván, Bret Witter: 9781401310752: Amazon.com: Books

Montalvan was a Captain in Iraq, did two tours and was messed up seriously bad by PTSD. Tuesday is his service dog, who essentially saved his life. Most people don't realize just how debilitating PTSD can be to someone mentally, it can literally kill you, and often has. Montalvan wrote this book in 2011, and I just finished reading it. I learned so much, not only about service animals, but also about PTSD. I really never considered how debilitating PTSD can be until I read his book. It's well written, Montalvan got out of the Army and got a Masters Degree in writing from Columbia University in New York. Sadly, a service animal can provide comfort but it cannot get rid of PTSD, nor could the medications or counselors who he spoke with.

Montalvan committed suicide in December of 2016.

Don't get a whole lotta corporate state press following the vet suicide epidemic from all these endless wars of empire and profit do we. Bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbut we support them.

Until Tuesday: A Wounded Warrior and the Golden Retriever Who Saved Him: Luis Carlos Montalván, Bret Witter: 9781401310752: Amazon.com: Books

Montalvan was a Captain in Iraq, did two tours and was messed up seriously bad by PTSD. Tuesday is his service dog, who essentially saved his life. Most people don't realize just how debilitating PTSD can be to someone mentally, it can literally kill you, and often has. Montalvan wrote this book in 2011, and I just finished reading it. I learned so much, not only about service animals, but also about PTSD. I really never considered how debilitating PTSD can be until I read his book. It's well written, Montalvan got out of the Army and got a Masters Degree in writing from Columbia University in New York. Sadly, a service animal can provide comfort but it cannot get rid of PTSD, nor could the medications or counselors who he spoke with.

Met him and Tuesday. Because of him a friend now raises and trains services dogs and we donate to his organization. Since then have met a number of vets dramatically helped by their four legged comrades.

Met him and Tuesday. Because of him a friend now raises and trains services dogs and we donate to his organization. Since then have met a number of vets dramatically helped by their four legged comrades.

Wow, that's amazing. I'm glad you got to meet both him and Tuesday. Great to hear your friend raises and trains these dogs. Their training is pretty intense and I had no idea it was as extensive, or that they were so well trained, as they are. I will not look at service dogs, or veterans with PTSD, the same again.

Well good, then we can keep using our military to occupy the planet to further the interests of Wall Street and the "job creator" class.

Forum List

Back