Unpopular Opinion: Jury Duty can be used to take a stand for Free Speech.

In that case lyi

In that case silence is lying.
Could you please give me a case where a juror was prosecuted for misrepresenting their views during juror selection. If you can find one such case, I would change my opinion.

Otherwise, it is ethical and legal (unprosecutable) to get on a jury to help convict an Enemy of Freedom.

Last edited:
Could you please give me a case where a juror was prosecuted for misrepresenting their views during juror selection. If you can find one such case, I would change my opinion.

Otherwise, it is ethical and legal (unprosecutable) to get on a jury to help convict an Enemy of Freedom.
They aren't prosecuted. Just dismissed. Jurors have been dismissed during deliberations for misrepresenting views. It's why we have alternative jurors.

They aren't prosecuted. Just dismissed. Jurors have been dismissed during deliberations for misrepresenting views. It's why we have alternative jurors.
Getting on a jury and not being dismissed is important.

I have a link by actual lawyers. I will post more on the issue.

Proponents of Cancel Culture are wrong, and they need to be corrected. If they are accused of any offense, jurors who support Freedom must take it into consideration.

Don't take this too seriously.

That’s not from lawyers, it’s from an organization promoting jury nullification. It always pays to read the fine print about who publishes something you are promoting.

As a lawyer, I have selected hundreds of jurors. There are professional psychologists that specialize in digging into prospective jurors backgrounds to find out all about them including activism.

As a civilian juror I have lied my ass off to get out of jury duty. I have never served on a jury.

As a lawyer, I have selected hundreds of jurors. There are professional psychologists that specialize in digging into prospective jurors backgrounds to find out all about them including activism.

As a civilian juror I have lied my ass off to get out of jury duty. I have never served on a jury.
Thank you. I know I am uneducated on the subject. Is activism through jury duty impossible?

Likely it will be found out. As I pointed out, activism is juror misconduct. Dismissal can even take place during deliberations when the trial is over.
Thank you for giving me an answer as a lawyer. Even the truth I did not want to hear is better then living in fantasy.

Of course, successfully using jury duty for activism is very difficult. Very little chance of success. But it is an opportunity of a lifetime.

Thank you for giving me an answer as a lawyer. Even the truth I did not want to hear is better then living in fantasy.

Of course, successfully using jury duty for activism is very difficult. Very little chance of success. But it is an opportunity of a lifetime.
To get technical, if juror misconduct results in a conviction it could even be raised on appeal. I would not call it an opportunity of a lifetime. It's not like your fellow jurors are on your side. One or more could be looking to be the jury hero and turn you in.

To get technical, if juror misconduct results in a conviction it could even be raised on appeal. I would not call it an opportunity of a lifetime. It's not like your fellow jurors are on your side. One or more could be looking to be the jury hero and turn you in.
Thank you. Can a juror guilty of misconduct be prosecuted?

Forum List

Back