Unhealthy Foods

Okay,

But people still are free to buy whatever they want and are personally responsible for their own eating habits

You don’t get to blame the government
I do when the government makes it possible, and the government strong arms farmers who even try to not comply with big agri businesses. And when the government creates regulations specifically designed to destroy private farmers.

Dude... soybeans are used to make cheap starches and sugars, although it is corn that is used most for that. It is also used to make cheap, unhealthy hydrogenated oils.
These oils are used in nearly all processed foods.
I don't know why you are arguing this.
Is your position that you support corporate agri-business taking over our entire food chain?
No you don't do you?
Is your position that the government is not in bed with them?
No I doubt you argue that.
And on and on.
I have no idea why you are arguing

Soybeans in themselves are extremely nutritious and are a good addition to a healthy diet.

And actually government is in bed with the meat and dairy industries which is why it subsidizes soy beans to be grown as fodder for livestock

Last edited:
The reality is the shit food is heavily subsidized by the government.
The vast majority of U.S. subsidies go to farmers growing corn and soy. THE top 2 ingredients in producing processed sugars, starches and unhealthy oils that make up the bulk raw ingredients to nearly all junk food.
Trump is the largest junk food subsidizer & influencer. Trump sent corn and soy farmers $125,000 government subsidy checks. Trump advertised eats fast food junk for the press cameras.

Buying relatively healthy food is very doable

It isn’t prohibitively expensive to buy stuff like skinless chicken breasts, raw vegetables and brown rice

People buy junk food because they’d rather eat that stuff

Trump is the largest junk food subsidizer & influencer. Trump sent corn and soy farmers $125,000 government subsidy checks. Trump advertised eats fast food junk for the press cameras.
Farm subsidies exist no matter who is president.

Farm subsidies exist no matter who is president.
Trump's farm subsidies were 5 times larger than others. Repubs made fun of Obama for promoting healthy eating.

Rosner-Fast-Food-Trump.jpg

hd-aspect-1470669200-trump-food.jpg

Screen_Shot_2016-08-23_at_10.13.19_AM.0.0.png

14938297742217.jpg

michelle-obama-and-students-harvest-white-house-kitchen-garden-475769880-572e16da3df78c038e38e1bf.jpg

obama-eating-some-fruit-not-fruit-loops.0.jpg

Last edited:
I want that....probably it has a lot of cream, which is not very healthy for you,but I want it, a bit of unhealthy now and then won't kill me,

I'd really would like it now.... hmmm...

1699753627433.png

Well maybe not with chips for me, but if you start eating a bunch of junk food you eventually find out the hard way like me that you need to slow down because you're reaching pre-diabetes and some people don't even get that warning. Of course I didn't know that I was that bad.

The Americans are the grossest feeders of any civilized nation known. As a nation, their food is heavy, coarse, ill prepared and indigestible. . . . The predominance of grease in the American kitchen, coupled with the habits of hasty eating . . .

—James Fenimore Cooper, The American Democrat, 1838

Not much has changed, especially the “hasty eating” part.

The Americans are the grossest feeders of any civilized nation known. As a nation, their food is heavy, coarse, ill prepared and indigestible. . . . The predominance of grease in the American kitchen, coupled with the habits of hasty eating . . .

—James Fenimore Cooper, The American Democrat, 1838

Not much has changed, especially the “hasty eating” part.
Well, we still managed to save Europe’s ass more than once over the years.

Forum List

Back