Unemployment falls to 8.3%

Demeaning? Did you think I coined it because I have so much respect for you ignorant fucks?

You tell us unemployment stimulates the economy, food stamps stimulates the economy and Failed Stimulus stumulates the economy and yet 3 years later we're 85% full employment and 1 credit downgrade already. If you're telling us Obama is doing anything other than willfuly and consciously dragging down the economy, then yes, you're his fullfer and you should have custom kneepads for your efforts

Food stamps and unemployment do stimulate the economy. In fact, they are the two biggest stimulators of the economy. Even more than the valued Bush Tax Cuts.

Moody's pointed this out back in January 2008:

Food stamps offer best stimulus - study - Jan. 29, 2008

The report pointed to expanding unemployment benefits as the program that gets the next biggest bang for the buck. That's because, although the unemployed are already getting checks, they need to spend the money. For every dollar spent here, the economy would see a return of $1.64, Zandi said.

It seems to me you don't understand the concept of the multiplier effect. Or just the fact that people who are getting food stamps and unemployment insurance are going to spend every dollar. Meanwhile, people who receive tax cuts are far more likely to save than reinvest that money back into the economy.

And that, my Friends, is how you blow an annual trillion plus hole in the budget, get credit downgraded and terrify entreprenuers into sitting it out until your one miserably term ends by losing a majority of our 57 states

sitting it out, or adding jobs every month for about 2 yrs straight now?

Right, you're a fucking moron. I don't need for you to prove it to me every time you post. I'm sure you did that for the benefit of all the new people at USMB who haven't yet figure you for a total moron

Let's just clarify here for a moment:

I've been posting news articles and statistics in this thread.

You've been having a temper tantrum because the economy gained jobs. Looking for whatever you can to attack Obama.

:lol:

Demeaning? Did you think I coined it because I have so much respect for you ignorant fucks?

You tell us unemployment stimulates the economy, food stamps stimulates the economy and Failed Stimulus stumulates the economy and yet 3 years later we're 85% full employment and 1 credit downgrade already. If you're telling us Obama is doing anything other than willfuly and consciously dragging down the economy, then yes, you're his fullfer and you should have custom kneepads for your efforts

Food stamps and unemployment do stimulate the economy. In fact, they are the two biggest stimulators of the economy. Even more than the valued Bush Tax Cuts.

The report pointed to expanding unemployment benefits as the program that gets the next biggest bang for the buck. That's because, although the unemployed are already getting checks, they need to spend the money. For every dollar spent here, the economy would see a return of $1.64, Zandi said.

It seems to me you don't understand the concept of the multiplier effect. Or just the fact that people who are getting food stamps and unemployment insurance are going to spend every dollar. Meanwhile, people who receive tax cuts are far more likely to save than reinvest that money back into the economy.

Right, you're a fucking moron. I don't need for you to prove it to me every time you post. I'm sure you did that for the benefit of all the new people at USMB who haven't yet figure you for a total moron

gop-quit-crying9.jpg

The recovery continues....

NEW YORK (CNNMoney) -- American employers substantially stepped up their hiring in January, bringing the unemployment rate down for the fifth month in a row.

Employers added 243,000 jobs in January, the Labor Department reported Friday, marking a pick-up in hiring from December, when the economy added 203,000 jobs.

Meanwhile, the unemployment rate fell to 8.3%. That is the lowest since February 2009.

Job growth was much stronger than expected. Economists surveyed by CNNMoney had forecast 130,000 jobs added in the month, and that the unemployment rate likely ticked up to 8.6%.

January jobs report: Hiring ramps up, unemployment falls - Feb. 3, 2012

Record 1.2 Million People Fall Out Of Labor Force In One Month, Labor Force Participation Rate Tumbles To Fresh 30 Year Low

Record 1.2 Million People Fall Out Of Labor Force In One Month, Labor Force Participation Rate Tumbles To Fresh 30 Year Low | ZeroHedge

Be very wary about what you read at ZeroHedge.

After accounting for the annual adjustments to the population
controls, the employment-population ratio (58.5 percent) rose in
January, while the civilian labor force participation rate held at
63.7 percent.

Employment Situation Summary

Especially when private sector job growth was +250k. That statistical adjustment was the 1.2 million. It doesn't change the fact that the economy is generating jobs.

Last edited:

And that, my Friends, is how you blow an annual trillion plus hole in the budget, get credit downgraded and terrify entreprenuers into sitting it out until your one miserably term ends by losing a majority of our 57 states

Run on Obama sterling record.

NEW YORK (CNNMoney) -- American employers substantially stepped up their hiring in January, bringing the unemployment rate down for the fifth month in a row.

Employers added 243,000 jobs in January, the Labor Department reported Friday, marking a pick-up in hiring from December, when the economy added 203,000 jobs.

Meanwhile, the unemployment rate fell to 8.3%. That is the lowest since February 2009.

Job growth was much stronger than expected. Economists surveyed by CNNMoney had forecast 130,000 jobs added in the month, and that the unemployment rate likely ticked up to 8.6%.

Your are being played my friend.

The 8.3% is jobs filled over jobs available.....

but since the number of jobs (the denominator)has fallen due to the Obama administration, the rate is inflated:

"The private sector has 1.1 million fewer jobs - and the overall economy about 1.6 million fewer jobs - than in February 2009, when Obama and congressional Democrats approved a $787 billion economic stimulus that the White House said would save or create 3.5 million jobs."
Despite weak economy, history professor's system predicts Obama 'very strong' for reelection

The 8.3% doesn't mean more folks are working vis-a-vis original number of jobs...simply a greater percent of a smaller number of jobs.

This thread is an obvious distraction from the fact that Sarah Palin once fucked a black guy.

This reminds me of when the French gov't wanted to increase full time employment
so they called the full time work week 36 hours instead of 40

Or when Bush wanted to increase manufacturing jobs in the country, so he reclassified fast food burger flippers as manufacturing jobs.

If unemployment is at 8.3%, doesn't that mean that employment is at 91.7%?

All things considered, 90% full employment is pretty damn good.

Record 1.2 Million People Fall Out Of Labor Force In One Month, Labor Force Participation Rate Tumbles To Fresh 30 Year Low

Record 1.2 Million People Fall Out Of Labor Force In One Month, Labor Force Participation Rate Tumbles To Fresh 30 Year Low | ZeroHedge

Be very wary about what you read at ZeroHedge.

After accounting for the annual adjustments to the population
controls, the employment-population ratio (58.5 percent) rose in
January, while the civilian labor force participation rate held at
63.7 percent.

Employment Situation Summary

Especially when private sector job growth was +250k. That statistical adjustment was the 1.2 million. It doesn't change the fact that the economy is generating jobs.

Yes, yes, of course, it's unemployment and food stamps that are the engines driving the Obama recovery, let's us pray we stay at 85% fully employed

Run on Obama sterling record.

I think he will do that

In addition, he will run on a "This is what a Republican controlled America will look like"

It should be quite effective

:lol:

You tell us unemployment stimulate the economy, food stamps stimulate the economy and Failed Stimulus stumulates the economy and yet 3 years later we're 85% full employment and 1 credit downgrade already. If you're telling us Obama is doing anything other than willfuly and consciously dragging down the economy, then yes, you're his fullfer and you should have custom kneepads for your efforts

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Thanks Frank, for making the recovery fun.

:cuckoo::cuckoo:

I am really enjoying your posts, Frank.

Your wailing and knashing of teeth is funny.

Forum List

Back