Unemployed need not apply

Sad thing is, how many of those 1.6 million don't have insurance at work?
You tell me. Since you've pronounced it to be a sad thing, surely you have the data at your fingertips on what percentage of the additional 1.6 million jobs added since July 2014 have health insurance and how that compares to some previous baseline that you consider not sad.

Republicans like to blame all the unemployed on Obama but they don't ask the corporations they serve to stop the practice of not hiring people who are out of work.

Corporations are being really picky. I think they like unemployment high. It keeps wages down. I remember an article years ago explaining that's what Greenspan said it was his responsibility to keep wages low they need unemployment to be high but not too high.
Wages and employment are being kept down because employers are being strangled by the cost of Obamacare. Ever think of that?

That's a good point. All I see now when I look for work is

1. Part-time jobs
2. Low paying jobs
Curious

1 do you have a degree, what in and do you have any experience?

2. If the economy is getting better, and the numbers show it is, then companies are hiring. They are in my area. But the employers are being very picky. You really have to wow them.

I tend to agree with you it's still an employers market. Especially with unions and collective bargaining going away. Prepare to make less next generation. Add to that the $80k student loan you'll have to pay off in order to be exceptional. And more co pays than our parents had. Add all this up the next generation just took a huge step backward. But they don't vote so f em. Seriously.

I depends on the industry. Trucking jobs are in demand, in home health care is in demand. The issue is they don't pay. You can make good money trucking but man, gone all the time, lots of federal involvement.

Same in health care, I am surprised at how low they pay, you are taking care of people, I would think that is of value.
And home healthcare is so expensive. I'm going to turn Republican for a minute. This is one industry that is improperly regulated.

I'm going to compare it to how uber is kicking the taxi industries ass.

They have all these rules on what it takes to be a caregiver so a few rich people open up really expensive homes and the owner wants their cut and they pay employees shit so you get abusive neglectful people working for the business owner including the low paid nurses.

Let the nurses open up up small businesses. Right now it's $5k a month to take care of someone with Alzheimer's. I bet a lot of nurses could do it for half that. 4 women in a home is $10k a month. Two nurses could make $5k a month. OK make it $3000 a month per senior. That's almost $70k a year per nurse. I would open a home and be good at it but you have to be "qualified" and "certified". Too many regulations. Competition isn't allowed to bring costs down. And there is a huge demand.

OK I'm a lib again. Lol

Most places only hire the ways below

1. From employee referrals
2. From Temp agencies
Do you have a source for this? Not that I disagree (I have no idea) but curious where you get stats on source of hiring like this, would be interesting to see.

1. Part-time jobs
2. Low paying jobs
Why type of work are you looking for? When I see a comment like this I always wonder how someone gets a broad survey, like what do you go to monster.com and just search all?

social services
So you look for work in social services, see mostly part time and low paying jobs, then decide this much be the case for all employment sectors?

Employment data with salary info for social services is here: Community and Social Service Occupations

What subsector are you in? It would be interesting to find out how wages or part time jobs have changed over the past few years, and whether the anecdotal experience you've applied to a macro view matches.

2. From Temp agencies
Do you have a source for this? Not that I disagree (I have no idea) but curious where you get stats on source of hiring like this, would be interesting to see.

Most major employers in my area which is philly, you need to know someone

SEPTA
PCA
Penn Mecidine
PECO
PGW
COMCAST

They just post fake openings to make it look like they give outsiders a chance

1. Part-time jobs
2. Low paying jobs
Why type of work are you looking for? When I see a comment like this I always wonder how someone gets a broad survey, like what do you go to monster.com and just search all?

social services
So you look for work in social services, see mostly part time and low paying jobs, then decide this much be the case for all employment sectors?

Employment data with salary info for social services is here: Community and Social Service Occupations

What subsector are you in? It would be interesting to find out how wages or part time jobs have changed over the past few years, and whether the anecdotal experience you've applied to a macro view matches.

When I see other jobs in other fields I see the same shit

2. From Temp agencies

SEPTA
PCA
Penn Mecidine
PECO
PGW
COMCAST

So your source for "most places only hire the ways below" is yourself?

Ahh so in addition to searching for jobs in social services you enjoy searching for jobs in other fields just so you can keep your finger on the pulse of employment reality.

So as a social worker on a lazy Sunday instead of watching TV you sip some beers and compare historical salary data for software engineers, air traffic controllers, hvac repair, etc.

That is an interesting pastime.

How much have salaries for software engineers gone down? How much more are part time?

2. From Temp agencies

SEPTA
PCA
Penn Mecidine
PECO
PGW
COMCAST

So your source for "most places only hire the ways below" is yourself?

No one gets hired at those places without knowing someone.

Ahh so in addition to searching for jobs in social services you enjoy searching for jobs in other fields just so you can keep your finger on the pulse of employment reality.

So as a social worker on a lazy Sunday instead of watching TV you sip some beers and compare historical salary data for software engineers, air traffic controllers, hvac repair, etc.

How much have salaries for software engineers gone down? How much more are part time?

Now you got it

Just saw these postings tonight for the philly area

Web Developer..............$30,000 at 25 hours a week

Office Administrator............$35,000..........40 hours a week

Republicans like to blame all the unemployed on Obama but they don't ask the corporations they serve to stop the practice of not hiring people who are out of work.

Corporations are being really picky. I think they like unemployment high. It keeps wages down. I remember an article years ago explaining that's what Greenspan said it was his responsibility to keep wages low they need unemployment to be high but not too high.
Wages and employment are being kept down because employers are being strangled by the cost of Obamacare. Ever think of that?

1. Part-time jobs
2. Low paying jobs
Curious

2. If the economy is getting better, and the numbers show it is, then companies are hiring. They are in my area. But the employers are being very picky. You really have to wow them.

I tend to agree with you it's still an employers market. Especially with unions and collective bargaining going away. Prepare to make less next generation. Add to that the $80k student loan you'll have to pay off in order to be exceptional. And more co pays than our parents had. Add all this up the next generation just took a huge step backward. But they don't vote so f em. Seriously.

I depends on the industry. Trucking jobs are in demand, in home health care is in demand. The issue is they don't pay. You can make good money trucking but man, gone all the time, lots of federal involvement.

Same in health care, I am surprised at how low they pay, you are taking care of people, I would think that is of value.
And home healthcare is so expensive. I'm going to turn Republican for a minute. This is one industry that is improperly regulated.

They have all these rules on what it takes to be a caregiver so a few rich people open up really expensive homes and the owner wants their cut and they pay employees shit so you get abusive neglectful people working for the business owner including the low paid nurses.

Let the nurses open up up small businesses. Right now it's $5k a month to take care of someone with Alzheimer's. I bet a lot of nurses could do it for half that. 4 women in a home is $10k a month. Two nurses could make $5k a month. OK make it $3000 a month per senior. That's almost $70k a year per nurse. I would open a home and be good at it but you have to be "qualified" and "certified". Too many regulations. Competition isn't allowed to bring costs down. And there is a huge demand.

OK I'm a lib again. Lol

Uber is a disaster in the making. No real regs to make sure that public safety is monitored. They go through background checks but they are not regulated like cab companies and other transportation companies. Safety issues over drivers and responding to apps, it is a huge distraction and could lead to safety issues.

I am for nurses opening businesses but I want to make sure public safety is followed.

Let me guess, your source for this information is... you. A single person is somehow aware of how every hire at all these big companies took place, and can confirm they all knew someone.

Do you even hear yourself?

Now you got it
Yep, you constantly talk out of your ass. Got it.

Just saw one at Datum Software full time for 75k to 100k. You must have missed that one in the battle of the personal anecdotes.

1. Part-time jobs
2. Low paying jobs
Curious

OK I'm a lib again. Lol

Uber is a disaster in the making. No real regs to make sure that public safety is monitored. They go through background checks but they are not regulated like cab companies and other transportation companies. Safety issues over drivers and responding to apps, it is a huge distraction and could lead to safety issues.

I am for nurses opening businesses but I want to make sure public safety is followed.
Libertarians would say let the market decide.

As for uber, I've used it and it is hands down better than cabs. Not rocket science. And a cabbie could be a crazy killer too.

1. Part-time jobs
2. Low paying jobs
Curious

OK I'm a lib again. Lol

Libertarians would say let the market decide.

As for uber, I've used it and it is hands down better than cabs. Not rocket science. And a cabbie could be a crazy killer too.

It's the safety issue, I won't use Uber. Cabs have rules and regs, Uber not so much. It is an unfair advantage.

Yes most people get a job from help from someone they know. It's why blacks are at a disadvantage.

of course thats 100% liberal and stupid. In 1948 black teenage unemployment was lower than white unemployment, now it is 2 times as high thanks to all the liberal interventions.

Do you understand?

Let me guess, your source for this information is... you. A single person is somehow aware of how every hire at all these big companies took place, and can confirm they all knew someone.

Do you even hear yourself?

Now you got it
Yep, you constantly talk out of your ass. Got it.

Just saw one at Datum Software full time for 75k to 100k. You must have missed that one in the battle of the personal anecdotes.

Is your company hiring? LOL

Forum List

Back