Uncut Gems

Rocko

Platinum Member
Gold Supporting Member
Aug 30, 2011
NY
If I could I would dissuade my worst enemy from seeing this trash movie. Three out of the last four movies Iā€™ve watched that the critics raved about were really bad movies. Once Upon A Time In Hollywood: trash. Joker: good movie, not great. The Irishman: trash Uncut Gems: hot trash.

Last edited:
Uncut?!

crane.jpg

If I could I would dissuade my worst enemy from seeing this trash movie. Three out of the last four movies Iā€™ve watched that the critics raved about were really bad movies. Once Upon A Time In Hollywood: trash. Joker: good movie, not great. The Irishman: trash Uncut Gems: hot trash.

I wholeheartedly agree. Far more times than not movies that receive rave reviews from movie critics are junk. It seems like they are looking for what is artsy, surprises them or whatever. They seem to forget or never learned, that the vast majority of folks who attend movies are not looking for The Mona Lisa of movies. They are just looking for a couple of hours of FUN AND ENJOYMENT.

I'm old now and haven't gone to a theater in decades. I have my big QLED, Smart TV with a great surround sound system. If it doesn't capture me in the first ten or fifteen minutes, I'm off to something else.

I wholeheartedly agree. Far more times than not movies that receive rave reviews from movie critics are junk. It seems like they are looking for what is artsy, surprises them or whatever. They seem to forget or never learned, that the vast majority of folks who attend movies are not looking for The Mona Lisa of movies. They are just looking for a couple of hours of FUN AND ENJOYMENT.

I'm old now and haven't gone to a theater in decades. I have my big QLED, Smart TV with a great surround sound system. If it doesn't capture me in the first ten or fifteen minutes, I'm off to something else.

Exactly. The movies that get good reviews just arenā€™t enjoyable to watch. Hollywood produces no interesting plots, no suspense, boring dialogue, long long movies....all a movie needs for a good review is weird metaphors, directors and actors with good reputations and wallah the critics love it.

Never heard of it.

Adam Sandler is in it. The reason why I decided to spend money to see it is he was playing in a serous role and received praise for his performance. For me itā€™s interesting to see a actor play in a role weā€™re not accustomed to seeing, but in this case for me personally Sandler did not make a strong impression on me with his acting at all. Iā€™m not saying he was noticeably bad, but I didnā€™t come away impressed with him at all.

I recently watched McFarland USA, on TV- good movie with Kevin Costner- based on true story and embellished for movies-

I read the book The Irishman, which the movie was based on and was a continuation/addendum to I Hear You Paint Houses-

The Irishman version was a recounting of several years of interviewing The Irishman- it's a pretty entertaining and probably informative book-

The Irishman was 6'4 and blonde headed- Deniro is maybe 5'10 with boots on- the Irishman was in WW2 and served in combat for 411 days out of just over 500 his company served- his absence was due to malaria- he learned to kill, without compunction in WW2 or be kiiled- he brought it home and capitalized on it-

Kinda like Tom Cruise playing Reacher- Jack Reacher in the books is 6'5 and weighs 250 lbs-

Deniro played Al Capone in The Untouchables- that sucker was scary in that movie-

Forum List

Back