Unbiased analysis of VP debate

Biden took Ryan to school. Ryan honestly looked pretty awful and couldn't seem to directly answer a question while Biden countered with facts and owned this debate. I honestly think Republicans are just mad because Biden used the same strategy as Romney in his debate but just did it better.

Romney did it with style and grace, very professionally. Biden was foolish and crude. His approach may end up being a negative domestically. Internationally I believe it is already disastrous. The man made us all as Americans look bad and his boss looks like a fool.

Explain to us how it was disastrous when Biden laughed at the bullshit coming out of Ryan's mouth? To me this is an utterly ridiculous over-exaggeration and paranoia. I mean this debate was virtually the same as the first debate only with the roles reversed in terms of style. Biden came out and did what he needed to do which was show the holes in the Republican game, come across as more intelligent, and most importantly show some balls.

Biden acted like an unprofessional jerk way below his station. He may have been OK in a college debate but as VP of the most powerful nation on earth he preformed like an undisciplined amateur. Very bad form that hurt us all as Americans. It may or may not hurt him and his party but I think there is a chance that his unruly and unprofessional behavior in tonight's debate may come with a negative cost for his boss. Maybe not, it remains to be seen but he sure embarrassed me as an American. I have been trained to and have behaved much more professionally when I was representing our nation. Someone should have yanked him off of the stage and told him to act with the dignity that his station affords.

Both sides have had slight edges here and there but the portion about our foreign policy and the future in Afghanistan, I think Biden absolutely destroyed Ryan and the Republican philosophy in.

I agree. Biden pushed self-sufficiency. His message basically was "If we continue to prop them up, they'll never take responsibility for themselves." Makes me wonder why that same "philosophy" isn't applied by the democrats in America.

Ryan is a nervous Walmart manager.

Biden is an irate customer with the receipt, the warranty and he's friends with the store owner.

Romney did it with style and grace, very professionally. Biden was foolish and crude. His approach may end up being a negative domestically. Internationally I believe it is already disastrous. The man made us all as Americans look bad and his boss looks like a fool.

Explain to us how it was disastrous when Biden laughed at the bullshit coming out of Ryan's mouth? To me this is an utterly ridiculous over-exaggeration and paranoia. I mean this debate was virtually the same as the first debate only with the roles reversed in terms of style. Biden came out and did what he needed to do which was show the holes in the Republican game, come across as more intelligent, and most importantly show some balls.

Biden acted like an unprofessional jerk way below his station. He may have been OK in a college debate but as VP of the most powerful nation on earth he preformed like an undisciplined amateur. Very bad form that hurt us all as Americans. It may or may not hurt him and his party but I think there is a chance that his unruly and unprofessional behavior in tonight's debate may come with a negative cost for his boss. Maybe not, it remains to be seen but he sure embarrassed me as an American. I have been trained to and have behaved much more professionally when I was representing our nation. Someone should have yanked him off of the stage and told him to act with the dignity that his station affords.

We shall agree to disagree. I personally found it hilarious how he blatantly was laughing in the face of the Republican rhetoric. And like I said, I really think the Democrats needed to show some balls (something they've historically had a lack of) and his laughing at Ryan's lies and ineptitude did just that. You'll also notice the two candidates had relatively close talk time. Where in the first debate Romeny bullied an extra 25% of time, I find that more disrespectful personally. But like I said, we'll agree to disagree on this.

Both sides have had slight edges here and there but the portion about our foreign policy and the future in Afghanistan, I think Biden absolutely destroyed Ryan and the Republican philosophy in.

I agree. Biden pushed self-sufficiency. His message basically was "If we continue to prop them up, they'll never take responsibility for themselves." Makes me wonder why that same "philosophy" isn't applied by the democrats in America.

It is.

You have just bought into Republican lies.

Republicans want the middle class to hate the poor, so they won't notice the rich walking away with all the money.

First we know you hate jews....
You really like to think things you have no reason to think. Like that comment. You think I hate jews, yet you can't say why I would. I mean, for your comment to be true, there's got to be reason why I would hate them. Well, what's that reason?

Because you bitch at them constantly and use terms like jew whores...oh and that you love their enemies

Second you think Iran with a bomb is ok?
Where did I say that?

Uh read your post....do you think it's ok if IRan gets the bomb?

First, prove Iran is trying to get one, before we go down that road.

What you take IRan at their word? They have TONS of oil...and you think they want nukes just for electricity? are you serious?

I do and I don't. Yes, there is a danger, but the fact of the matter is, Iran hasn't attacked anyone in over 200 years.

yeah they're real friendly with Iraq, I guess you missed that war with Iraq. The hostiges they took, and the fact they killl their own people...yeah they're sweethearts

let alone all these countries?
All these country's should be left alone.

Well then you would live Neville Chamberlain.....

Uh you apparently are naive
That's beautiful! You make all these baseless assumptions, then call me naive. Before you can even draw that conclusion, you need to prove all your previous statements true.

TEll me how I'm wrong

We shall agree to disagree. I personally found it hilarious how he blatantly was laughing in the face of the Republican rhetoric. And like I said, I really think the Democrats needed to show some balls (something they've historically had a lack of) and his laughing at Ryan's lies and ineptitude did just that. You'll also notice the two candidates had relatively close talk time. Where in the first debate Romeny bullied an extra 25% of time, I find that more disrespectful personally. But like I said, we'll agree to disagree on this.

Have a good evening.

Biden is an irate customer with the receipt, the warranty and he's friends with the store owner.

It is.

Republicans want the middle class to hate the poor, so they won't notice the rich walking away with all the money.

Wow you're a true blue commie....what money are they wallking away with? What govenment programs would you do away with?

I personally found it hilarious how he blatantly was laughing in the face of the Republican rhetoric.

This supports my initial analysis and that of plenty of others, particularly CNN (cause i watched it there). They had noted that Biden's actions would fire up the base but turn off independent voters. I flipped over the Fox News for a little bit and Frank Luntz was doing his focus group thing with undecided voters. One woman said that Biden's snickering, laughing and interrupting really put her off and that it would stick with her the most regarding the debate.

TEll me how I'm wrong
Well, since you asked...

Because you bitch at them constantly and use terms like jew whores...oh and that you love their enemies
I take them to task when they break the law and are in the wrong. Did you know it is illegal to witness a crime and not report it? I explained the jew-whore comment, but you seem bent on taking it out of context. As far as loving their enemies, that's another baseless accusation you can't prove.

But none of that is the reason "why"? Why would I bitch about them? Why would I use the term jew-whore? Why would I love their enemies? That's what you need to answer, if you're not going to be considered FOS.

Uh read your post....do you think it's ok if IRan gets the bomb?
Why would I have to read it, when I wrote it? It doesn't say what you claim it say's.

What you take IRan at their word? They have TONS of oil...and you think they want nukes just for electricity? are you serious?
I said we're not going down this road until you can prove they're building a bomb.

yeah they're real friendly with Iraq, I guess you missed that war with Iraq. The hostiges they took, and the fact they killl their own people...yeah they're sweethearts
They are now. Since we put their fellow Shiite's in power.

You think a few jihadists with RPG's and IED's is the equivalent of the Nazi war machine?

My 3 cents worth..

Biden came across like a drunkard in a bar arguing about shit he has no clue about...making up facts and figures and wagging his nose picker. He directly contradicted the State Dept. on Benghazi, and his odd snickering and laughing made him appear crazy. He's a good natured simpleton who should be collecting trash, or sweeping up schools. He has no business in high office.

Ryan was the underdog coming in and expectations were not too high. He didn't make any major mistakes. He held his own and did not lose his cool.

The moderator was a joke. She allowed Biden to interrupt Ryan 80+ times.

All in all- a meaningless charade. If VP debates actually mattered, Lloyd Bensten would be in the history books as VP....

TEll me how I'm wrong
Well, since you asked...

I take them to task when they break the law and are in the wrong. Did you know it is illegal to witness a crime and not report it? I explained the jew-whore comment, but you seem bent on taking it out of context. As far as loving their enemies, that's another baseless accusation you can't prove.

But none of that is the reason "why"? Why would I bitch about them? Why would I use the term jew-whore? Why would I love their enemies? That's what you need to answer, if you're not going to be considered FOS.

You do not like jews...you keep talking about them controlling everything...prove that!!!

Why would I have to read it, when I wrote it? It doesn't say what you claim it say's.

I said we're not going down this road until you can prove they're building a bomb.

So you again, you think they arent... what are they after it for?

They are now. Since we put their fellow Shiite's in power.
Still doesnt make IRAN a better country.....so now we have Syria, Iran and Iraq on the same team, is that what you're saying?

You think a few jihadists with RPG's and IED's is the equivalent of the Nazi war machine?[/QUOTE0
When Iran gets a bomb, you're not worried they will use it or make it easier for a crazy to get a nuke?

Biden only wants to divide like the potus, but asshats like you knew that fact.

It is.

where is this crap you speak of....provide the proof otherwise, shut the hell up.

All the matters is what the American People thought. According to 2 polls now they think Ryan won.

CNN

ryan 48
Biden 44

NBC

Ryan 56
Biden 36

Clearly Style Matters.

Actually both the sourced you quoted had Biden ahead.

I think that is a democrati fact --- you know the kind that lacks truth ---- Both of those sources are the exact numbers posted.

CNN had ryan 48 Biden 44

NBC had Ryan 56 Biden 36

Another clear win for America!

Biden did an excellent job. Based on compassion, facts and sincerity - I give him an A. He was the adult on stage.

Ryan did a poor job. Based on LACK OF compassion, facts and sincerity - I give him a D. He was the child on stage.

I thought the moderator was good (not great) - I give her a B. I thought she cheated Biden out of equal time, leaving Biden with little choice but to sometimes interrupt Ryan.

I too think Biden did a very good job; however, he could have done himself a big favor by losing the stupid shit eating grin he had on his face every time Ryan spoke. That being said, Biden's rebuttals were concise and I think he scored points on Medicare and taxes, especially Romney's crazy tax plan. Where he failed was on the Libya issue. He did state that Republicans cut funding for embassy security, but it wasn't very convincing. The other thing he failed to mention is that it wasn't an embassy in Benghazi, it was a consulate. There is a difference and he failed to make this clear.

Overall, I think Ryan held his own but didn't score any points. I think Biden won but initial reaction will be negative from some due to his stupid smile. We'll see what happens in the long run. My guess is that this stops the bleeding for Obama and leaves the door open for Obama to come back with a better performance in the next debate.

Forum List

Back