Unbiased analysis of VP debate

Biden did an excellent job. Based on compassion, facts and sincerity - I give him an A. He was the adult on stage.

Ryan did a poor job. Based on LACK OF compassion, facts and sincerity - I give him a D. He was the child on stage.

I thought the moderator was good (not great) - I give her a B. I thought she cheated Biden out of equal time, leaving Biden with little choice but to sometimes interrupt Ryan.

wow im shocked....Lakta thought Biden won by a landslide....who would have thought.....:eusa_eh:.....

Biden took Ryan to school. Ryan honestly looked pretty awful and couldn't seem to directly answer a question while Biden countered with facts and owned this debate. I honestly think Republicans are just mad because Biden used the same strategy as Romney in his debate but just did it better.

I don't recall Romney, laughing, smiling, sneering, gesturing, throwing his arms up in the air, rolling his eyes, and generally acting like a child.

I think Ryan showed a lot of immaturity when he starts trying to tell us what the Iranian leaders think when they see this or that. How would he know what someone else thinks?

It was obviously an opinion that's shared by a lot of other people. It's like on a message board when someone says "Biden won the debate hands-down." It's obviously an opinion if you can't distinctly prove it. But, if you think he sounded too pompous in his presentation then so be it.

And both Biden and Ryan talked as though the Iranian nuclear program has been weaponized, when, to date, there is no smoking gun that would prove that assumption true. They either need to pony up the evidence the program has been weaponized, or stop all the saber rattling.

I thought Biden did a good job explaining that "hey, they've got enriched uranium but they need a vessel for it and they don't have it yet." Pretty clear and makes the case for the sanctions currently in place working.

Even if Iran did get a "bomb", it is illegal for us to attack them over it. The truth is, Israel doesn't want them to get the "bomb", because they like being the only nuclear power in the ME. But they have no right whatsoever, to say who (or who cannot) have nuclear weapons.

Illegal? According to who? Were they both not talking about the UN putting sanctions on Iran to prevent them from getting a nuclear bomb? Why would they do that? Because maybe there's a large consensus that thinks they'd use it against Israel. Israel is an ally of ours, not Iran, which is why we were involved.

Both candidates seem to be in favor of sanctions and preventing Iran from getting the bomb so that's good.

Last edited:
Honestly though, the thing that blows my mind is people thought the moderator did a good job tonight. I thought that broad was awful. I appreciated that she let the candidates get at each other but her moderation and some of her questions were stupid.

CaféAuLait;6145483 said:
Biden took Ryan to school. Ryan honestly looked pretty awful and couldn't seem to directly answer a question while Biden countered with facts and owned this debate. I honestly think Republicans are just mad because Biden used the same strategy as Romney in his debate but just did it better.

I don't recall Romney, laughing, smiling, sneering, gesturing, throwing his arms up in the air, rolling his eyes, and generally acting like a child.

:salute:

Biden not only embarrassed himself, he embarrassed us all as Americans. Never have I seen a man which holds such a powerful office behave so poorly in a professional appearance. Internationally the people that viewed tonight's debate had to be shocked by Biden's demeanor and childish conduct. Not only did he make us all look bad as Americans he made his boss look like a fool on the world stage.

You can call the green wall blue all you want. That doesn't make it a blue wall.

Good evening George,

Biden showed the most undisciplined and unprofessional behavior from a man that holds such a high office that I have ever seen. I think that there is a chance that Biden's behavior tonight may end up costing the democrats severely. Very bad form.

I think Ryan won. Biden was very rude, aragant, condecending, and acted just like the ass clown he is. He also lied his ass off about the events surrounding the diplomat getting killed. I think he should be ashamed of himself.

Romney did it with style and grace, very professionally. Biden was foolish and crude. His approach may end up being a negative domestically. Internationally I believe it is already disastrous. The man made us all as Americans look bad and his boss looks like a fool.

facts? like putting 2 wars on a credit card.....of the 4 candidates...only one voted on the wars...Biden and voted FOR!!!

Also lying about Libya...will comeback to bite him in the ass

Romney did it with style and grace, very professionally. Biden was foolish and crude. His approach may end up being a negative domestically. Internationally I believe it is already disastrous. The man made us all as Americans look bad and his boss looks like a fool.

Explain to us how it was disastrous when Biden laughed at the bullshit coming out of Ryan's mouth? To me this is an utterly ridiculous over-exaggeration and paranoia. I mean this debate was virtually the same as the first debate only with the roles reversed in terms of style. Biden came out and did what he needed to do which was show the holes in the Republican game, come across as more intelligent, and most importantly show some balls.

First we know you hate jews....
You really like to think things you have no reason to think. Like that comment. You think I hate jews, yet you can't say why I would. I mean, for your comment to be true, there's got to be reason why I would hate them. Well, what's that reason?

Second you think Iran with a bomb is ok?
Where did I say that?

So then Iraq, afganistan, Jordan, Syria...ect get them too?
First, prove Iran is trying to get one, before we go down that road.

You dont see the danger of Iran having a bomb?
I do and I don't. Yes, there is a danger, but the fact of the matter is, Iran hasn't attacked anyone in over 200 years.

let alone all these countries?
All these country's should be left alone.

Uh you apparently are naive
That's beautiful! You make all these baseless assumptions, then call me naive. Before you can even draw that conclusion, you need to prove all your previous statements true.

I disagree. Biden's Condescension hurt him alot. In fact, it cost him the debate. You can disagree with someone respectful without the arrogance. And he was dodging questions right off the bat. Didn't address the Libya question at all.

facts? like putting 2 wars on a credit card.....of the 4 candidates...only one voted on the wars...Biden and voted FOR!!!

Missed opportunity for Ryan there. Biden did a nice job hitting Ryan on voting to have stimulus money directed toward Janesville: Ryan should have done the same to Biden on the Iraq war.

I disagree. Biden's Condescension hurt him alot.

The condescension in his answers/comments vs. the snickering, laughing, interrupting are different though. In some ways, i think it came across as successful, basically being able to tout his years of experience over a much younger guy across from him. I don't know about you but i'm inclined to listen to older people when they say something cause they've been there and done that. You obviously don't want to go overboard with it and he did sometimes, but when he didn't, it was effective.

Biden only laughed when Ryan was lying...

Did he lie during his own Libya answer...that was a blatant lie, Biden told....he threw the state department and intelligence community under the bus....but Im sure you STILL believe it was the video....LOLOLOLOL

Also, unlike the first debate I think there was a slam dunk in this debate. Biden nailed the Afghanistan portion of the debate. Both sides have had slight edges here and there but the portion about our foreign policy and the future in Afghanistan, I think Biden absolutely destroyed Ryan and the Republican philosophy in.

Biden only laughed when Ryan was lying...

Did you see Ryan laughing when Biden was giving his "we only knew what we knew at the time" thing about Libya? Nope. Politicians lie, all of them, even democrats (but i know you don't believe that) and part of common courtesy during a debate is letting the opponent have his time to speak then respond accordingly. You want to call the guy a liar? Wait your turn.

Forum List

Back