UN predicts disaster if global warming isn’t checked

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 22, 2004
Minnesota
U.N. Predicts Disaster if Global Warming Not Checked

A senior U.N. environmental official says entire nations could be wiped off the face of the Earth by rising sea levels if the global warming trend is not reversed by the year 2000.

Coastal flooding and crop failures would create an exodus of ″eco- refugees,′ ′ threatening political chaos, said Noel Brown, director of the New York office of the U.N. Environment Program, or UNEP.

He said governments have a 10-year window of opportunity to solve the greenhouse effect before it goes beyond human control.

Have any nations been wiped off the face of the earth? I admit I wasn’t paying a lot of attention in 2000, but I think the global warming doomsday would have stood out.

Today we are once again being told we have around a decade before we will suffer the consequences of “climate change”. Why should anyone take the apocalyptic warnings more serious now that they’ve already failed multiple times in the past?

The only disaster the UN needs to worry about is the United States pulling out of it and taking
our money with us.

Same could be said for NATO

A senior U.N. environmental official says entire nations could be wiped off the face of the Earth by rising sea levels if the global warming trend is not reversed by the year 2000.

Coastal flooding and crop failures would create an exodus of ″eco- refugees,′ ′ threatening political chaos, said Noel Brown, director of the New York office of the U.N. Environment Program, or UNEP.

He said governments have a 10-year window of opportunity to solve the greenhouse effect before it goes beyond human control.

Have any nations been wiped off the face of the earth? I admit I wasn’t paying a lot of attention in 2000, but I think the global warming doomsday would have stood out.

Today we are once again being told we have around a decade before we will suffer the consequences of “climate change”. Why should anyone take the apocalyptic warnings more serious now that they’ve already failed multiple times in the past?

Yup, why indeed. The UN is a poor prophet.

The UN?

That bunch is a waste of space and has been for decades.

Climate change?? What a load of hooey.

Al Gore laughed all the way to the bank with his "Climate Change" gig.

And here's the UN still pushing that crap?

You can't cure useless.

Everything is gonna be OK snowflakes, all the oil ran our 40 years ago, so any day now all cars will be horsedrawn.

Why won’t one serious global warming/climate change supporter ever attempt to explain why we should take current models seriously when the models were so horribly wrong in the past? Especially when we know that scientists have been manufacturing data? How does any intelligent person buy this crap?

It is called weather and its been happening since the beginning of time. Explain the ice age before all this talk about your footprint.

It would be a financial disaster for them if people don't give The UN more money to "Redistribute" to third world countries, and that's about it.

Everyone should just quit listening to these fools and believing in their Ponzi schemes.

It's a scam.

I bet if we gave $1 Trillion to the UN, they would claim that it would stop global warming.

Forum List

Back