Ultimate energy source

You're the one who mentioned...."what others are saying about this very same question".

I was talking to myself on the net
My doctor tells me it's therapeutic
Sems he's right
sorry :)-

i do believe they have an "ignore" option. I've never used it but I do believe the AP exists.

Post the energy needed to pump the air down to the bottom of your energy wasting device.

Ok, here goes---
The energy required to compress 40,000 cubic feet of air down to 2,666.66 cubic feet every 2.75 minutes.

The return is a continuous pulling force 118,428 pounds at a speed of 2 feet per second.

can it be done & if so; at what cost-???

I don’t have a clue

:)-

Sorry, but its a real bad idea. at best, it would be something that would require a lot of maintenance. Do you know how corrosive the ocean is? and as soon as kelp and seaweed wrap around your buckets its going to jam. Too many moving parts there, is asking for complications and then whatever energy you produce probably wont be worth the air compressor you are running, and then you have to transmit the power down a line installed where? in the ocean bed?

Sorry, but its a real bad idea. at best, it would be something that would require a lot of maintenance. Do you know how corrosive the ocean is? and as soon as kelp and seaweed wrap around your buckets its going to jam. Too many moving parts there, is asking for complications and then whatever energy you produce probably wont be worth the air compressor you are running, and then you have to transmit the power down a line installed where? in the ocean bed?

You have made some great comments that I will consider.

The buckets will be made of a non-corrosive metal, lightweight aluminum or plastic

A thin screen wire mesh around the buckets should keep out unwanted things

As far as the energy output, that was answered a few posts earlier.

The electric power produced could be cabled to shore which should be a few thousand feet away.
The energy required to compress 40,000 cubic feet of air down to 2,666.66 cubic feet every 2.75 minutes.

The return is a continuous pulling force 118,428 pounds at a speed of 2 feet per second.

You have made some great comments that I will consider.

The buckets will be made of a non-corrosive metal, lightweight aluminum or plastic

A thin screen wire mesh around the buckets should keep out unwanted things

As far as the energy output, that was answered a few posts earlier.

The electric power produced could be cabled to shore which should be a few thousand feet away.

So you'll have a cable bringing in the power for the pump and a much smaller cable
delivering the smaller amount you'll be generating?

So you'll be losing 50%? More?

Where oh where did you get the idea that I would be loosing 50%--?

And even if it lost 50% it still has 50% to work with.

If you want to pick apart the machine, pick away,

The cable is used to bring the power to shore, but you already knew that.

Last edited:

If you want to pick apart the machine, pick away,

Did you ever post how much energy you'll be using to pump the air to the bottom of your device?

We're waiting.

Yup. Half of your input.

Ok. And?

Right. 10 MW in......5 MW out.

wrong~~

no wait; it works, you can actually see the diagram

Attachments

• SEAENG9.pdf
    98.6 KB · Views: 63
Still unclear ... just numbers and letters scattered about ... what are your trying to do here? ....
I have researched the discovery, production and the ultimate depletion of fossil fuels for the last few decades. Oil/natural gas are both finite. I'm already in my 70's and still I will live long enough to see the end of oil in my lifetime. I'm just trying to minimize the pain of transition.
start with the curved arrow in the upper left,
It's a depiction of a pulley.
how big of an electric motor do you have attached to this pulley? ...
Thanks to the invention of gears, the rate of spin can be changed. It's like one great transmission. One motor or a series of them could be utilized.
as I see it

I have researched the discovery, production and the ultimate depletion of fossil fuels for the last few decades. Oil/natural gas are both finite. I'm already in my 70's and still I will live long enough to see the end of oil in my lifetime. I'm just trying to minimize the pain of transition.

I waited in a few gas lines myself in the 70's ...

Thanks to the invention of gears, the rate of spin can be changed. It's like one great transmission. One motor or a series of them could be utilized.
as I see it

Watts are watts ... and you're burning fossil fuels to make them watts ... what is this cable doing other than making carbon pollution? ...

Still unclear ... just numbers and letters scattered about ... what are your trying to do here? ....
start with the curved arrow in the upper left,
It's a depiction of a pulley.
how big of an electric motor do you have attached to this pulley? ...
as I see it

I'm already in my 70's and still I will live long enough to see the end of oil in my lifetime.

Because you'll be the first 200 year old human?

Forum List

Back