Ultimate energy source

And you have every right to be wrong. I'm done here.
JoeMoma,

You are correct. I went back to my office and rechecked my numbers and low and behold they didn’t add up. At a depth below 200-300 feet the return on the investment nears zero.

I got so frustrated that I just turned my computer off and went home. Having said this, I will look at the potential in that 200-300-foot range.

BTW, I am just trying to find a renewable energy source that can replace oil and still I’m trying.

:)-

The only good energy is Fossil Fuel and Nuclear. All others fail to measure up.

Countries With The Largest Proven Oil Reserves

Rank Country Reserves (millions of barrels), 2017 US EIA

1 Venezuela 300,878
2 Saudi Arabia 266,455
3 Canada 169,709
4 Iran 158,400
5 Iraq 142,503
6 Kuwait 101,500
7 United Arab Emirates 97,800
8 Russia 80,000
9 Libya 48,363
10 United States 39,230
11 Nigeria 37,062
12 Kazakhstan 30,000
13 China 25,620
14 Qatar 25,244
15 Brazil 12,999
16 Algeria 12,200
17 Angola 8,273
18 Ecuador 8,273
19 Mexico 7,640
20 Azerbaijan 7,000
-----------------------------------------------------
Total 1,477,649 million barrels
The World’s Largest Oil Reserves By Country

This is a list of countries by oil consumption.[1][2]The total worldwide oil consumption was 93 million barrels per day (bbl/day) on average in 2015 according to the International Energy Agency(IEA).[3]
List of countries by oil consumption - Wikipedia

Total reserves 1,477,649 divided by annual world consumption = 43.53 years left

In 43 years it will be all gone at the current rate of consumption.

Nuclear is and will be one of our greatest power source. -
I hope we take that stuff out of all our atomic bombs and use the fuel for peaceful uses; but even that is finite just like oil. Renewables is our final solution. China knows this and they are decades ahead of us on that score.
ATOMIC BOMB.jpg

And you have every right to be wrong. I'm done here.
JoeMoma,

You are correct. I went back to my office and rechecked my numbers and low and behold they didn’t add up. At a depth below 200-300 feet the return on the investment nears zero.

I got so frustrated that I just turned my computer off and went home. Having said this, I will look at the potential in that 200-300-foot range.

BTW, I am just trying to find a renewable energy source that can replace oil and still I’m trying.

At a depth below 200-300 feet the return on the investment nears zero.

Why the sudden improvement at that depth?

The only good energy is Fossil Fuel and Nuclear. All others fail to measure up.

Countries With The Largest Proven Oil Reserves

Rank Country Reserves (millions of barrels), 2017 US EIA

1 Venezuela 300,878
2 Saudi Arabia 266,455
3 Canada 169,709
4 Iran 158,400
5 Iraq 142,503
6 Kuwait 101,500
7 United Arab Emirates 97,800
8 Russia 80,000
9 Libya 48,363
10 United States 39,230
11 Nigeria 37,062
12 Kazakhstan 30,000
13 China 25,620
14 Qatar 25,244
15 Brazil 12,999
16 Algeria 12,200
17 Angola 8,273
18 Ecuador 8,273
19 Mexico 7,640
20 Azerbaijan 7,000
-----------------------------------------------------
Total 1,477,649 million barrels
The World’s Largest Oil Reserves By Country

This is a list of countries by oil consumption.[1][2]The total worldwide oil consumption was 93 million barrels per day (bbl/day) on average in 2015 according to the International Energy Agency(IEA).[3]
List of countries by oil consumption - Wikipedia

Total reserves 1,477,649 divided by annual world consumption = 43.53 years left

In 43 years it will be all gone at the current rate of consumption.

Nuclear is and will be one of our greatest power source. -
I hope we take that stuff out of all our atomic bombs and use the fuel for peaceful uses; but even that is finite just like oil. Renewables is our final solution. China knows this and they are decades ahead of us on that score.
View attachment 310916

I hope we take that stuff out of all our atomic bombs and use the fuel for peaceful uses; but even that is finite just like oil.

How much uranium (and thorium) is available?

According to Stockholm International Peace Research Institute (SIPRI), the worldwide total inventory of nuclear weapons as of 2019 stood at 13,865, of which 3,750 were deployed with operational forces.[13] In early 2019, more than 90% of the world's 13,865 nuclear weapons were owned by Russia and the United States.[14][15]

At a depth below 200-300 feet the return on the investment nears zero.
You are just guessing or put it another way, you have no clue.

Why the sudden improvement at that depth?
The volume of air is halved at 33 feet of depth. Down another 33 feet and the volume is halved again & on and on. Still I need to run the numbers.

You are just guessing

You didn't mean it got more efficient?

The volume of air is halved at 33 feet of depth. Down another 33 feet and the volume is halved again & on and on.

Yes, as the volume decreases, your energy loss increases.

According to Stockholm International Peace Research Institute (SIPRI), the worldwide total inventory of nuclear weapons as of 2019 stood at 13,865, of which 3,750 were deployed with operational forces.[13] In early 2019, more than 90% of the world's 13,865 nuclear weapons were owned by Russia and the United States.[14][15]

No. In the crust, ignore the weapons.

The volume of the air is inversely proportional to the pressure.
Joe, my new search for an ultimate energy source is the Mid Atlantic Ridge. The energy there will sustain us for as long as we live on this planet.

There are probably gases being released that could be used in my failed bubble idea as well as a great heat source.
Hydrothermal Vent Boiling Points
Vent Boiling Points - Dive & Discover

Geothermal energy potential
There is one place we haven’t taped yet that could power our electrical need for all time to come. Below are the facts and now all we must do is find a way to tap this limitless source of energy. I hope some here find the time to explore this and add new ideas on it’s potential to power our never ending need for more and more energy.

The cold seawater is heated by hot magma and reemerges to form the vents. Seawater in hydrothermal vents may reach temperatures of over 700° Fahrenheit.
What is a hydrothermal vent?

The deep ocean is made up of horizontal layers of equal density. Much of this deep ocean water is between 0-3 degrees Celsius (32-37.5 degrees Fahrenheit)! It's really, really cold down there! There is a neat program that is measuring the temperature and salinity of ocean surface waters around the world
Temperature of Ocean Water - Windows to the Universe

A hydrothermal vent 2,500 meters deep experiences 250 atmospheres, or 3,672.5 pounds per square inch.
Vent Boiling Points - Dive & Discover

There is seawater at temperatures over 700° Fahrenheit right next to seawater at 32-37.5 degrees Fahrenheit under a pressure of 3,672 pounds per square inch.

Clearly there is potential energy here to be tapped as well as mineral deposits that are rich in iron, copper, zinc, and other metals.

Joe, what are we waiting for, let’s tap this energy source which will power our energy needs for all time to come?

Attachments

• Mid Ridge2.gif
    Mid Ridge2.gif
    104.9 KB · Views: 33
  • 330px-Champagne_vent_white_smokers.jpg
    330px-Champagne_vent_white_smokers.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 28
Yes, as the volume decreases, your energy loss increases.
Flip that over and this is what you get-

As the volume increases the energy gain increases; just not enough depth and time to make it useful.

That was my mistake & I admit it.

Flip that over and this is what you get-

How does "flipping over" entropy help your claim?

just not enough depth and time to make it useful.

Pumping air gets less inefficient the deeper the water? LOL!
That's funny.

Finally ... someone figured out perpetual motion.

I need to know if the image is readable-?

Readable enough to know what you're talking about is what was once referred to as 'perpetual motion', the idea that a machine, once set in motion, could keep moving indefinitely.

Unfortunately, Newtonian Physics prohibits perpetual motion. External forces, friction, gravity, thermodynamics, all conspire to stall your machine in pretty quick order.[/QUOTE

As well as sea water corrosion, Barnacles, debris etc

Pumping air gets less inefficient the deeper the water? LOL!
That's funny.
When you go out into your back yard to cut down the last remaining tree just to warm your family for the last time, you will remember this day

I'll remember your scientific illiteracy long after the last Truffula tree is turned into the last Thneed.

TODDSTERPATRIOT, I have copied your avatar and had it printed on a plastic sheet and then a plumber friend of mine has glued it to the inside bowl of my toilet. So now whenever I take a piss, I am reminded of you; my sweet, plump, dumpling

I have re-run the numbers-- here's what I found in this go around
If you need to enlarge the image
press [CTR] while rolling you mouse roller up or down

Attachments

• SEAENG4.pdf
    99.8 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:

Forum List

Back