Ukraine’s Defence Minister believes Ukraine to win war by next summer and join NATO

toomuchtime_

Gold Member
Dec 29, 2008
Oleksii Reznikov, Defence Minister of Ukraine, believes that by next summer, Ukraine will win the war and can be admitted to NATO in July 2024.

Source: Reznikov in an interview with CNN

Details: The minister said that he considers the NATO summit in July next year to be a possible moment for Ukraine to join the Alliance.

"Who knows, maybe it will be a very important day for Ukraine. It is just my forecast," Reznikov said.

He acknowledged that Ukraine will be able to join the Alliance only after the end of the war, because during the fighting "we have no options to have a unanimous vote."

When asked if he thought the war would be over by next summer, he quickly replied: "Yes. We will win this war. "

A bold statement, but the entre civilized world hopes he is right.

Yeah, that is the same guys who said Ukraine would get back Crimea by the end of this summer.

Oleksii Reznikov, Defence Minister of Ukraine, believes that by next summer, Ukraine will win the war and can be admitted to NATO in July 2024.

Details: The minister said that he considers the NATO summit in July next year to be a possible moment for Ukraine to join the Alliance.

"Who knows, maybe it will be a very important day for Ukraine. It is just my forecast," Reznikov said.

He acknowledged that Ukraine will be able to join the Alliance only after the end of the war, because during the fighting "we have no options to have a unanimous vote."

When asked if he thought the war would be over by next summer, he quickly replied: "Yes. We will win this war. "

There's this pithy phrase that English has and Russian lacks: wishful thinking. American or whatever, English must be your native tongue, why don't you use it more? I think it should preface every post of yours.

You are a brave Troll Toomuchbooze . Prepared to quote the CNN laughter factory and a deranged Kyiv Nazi trying to lift peoples spirits , even though it is palpable rubbish . Shame on your ignorance and gullibility.

Yeah, that is the same guys who said Ukraine would get back Crimea by the end of this summer.
I believe that was Ben Hodges, a retired US general and I think he said it was possible, not a done deal. This opinion is from the current Ukrainian Defense Minister, and he notes in his statement that this is just his opinion.

I've come to respect what the Ukrainian leaders say. They report their setbacks as well as their successes, and unlike the Russians, they never seem to lie to the public or the press.

While the enormous minefields are slowing down the Ukrainian offensive, showing us even Russians can do something right once in a while, the trend on the battlefield and in the realms of diplomacy and economics favors Ukraine, so next summer? next winter? the summer after? an eventual Ukrainian victory and NATO membership does seem to be in the cards.

I believe that was Ben Hodges, a retired US general and I think he said it was possible, not a done deal. This opinion is from the current Ukrainian Defense Minister, and he notes in his statement that this is just his opinion.

I've come to respect what the Ukrainian leaders say. They report their setbacks as well as their successes, and unlike the Russians, they never seem to lie to the public or the press.

While the enormous minefields are slowing down the Ukrainian offensive, showing us even Russians can do something right once in a while, the trend on the battlefield and in the realms of diplomacy and economics favors Ukraine, so next summer? next winter? the summer after? an eventual Ukrainian victory and NATO membership does seem to be in the cards.
You just don't follow Ukrainian media closely. There were a number of such predictions from Ukrainian officials.

I don't believe in a great Ukrainian offensive, and keep repeating that. Yes, the Russians learned from some of their mistakes and built a strong defensive. It is quite silly to try to break through it without at least parity in artillery, aviation, and air defence systems.

What I see now is just wasting of people and resources. That is appalling and can lead to bigger losses, if/when after these assaults the Russians will try to carry out their counter-offensive on weakened Ukrainian positions and brigades.

Reznikov and others should stop babbling about a victory and think how to cope with the current situation.

Our Denier Troll has come to respect, Who ? Weak Nazi compliers who will be stripped of their position and gaoled immediately if they do not exactly follow the Kyiv Nazi line . Your gullibility is near unbelievable . Just like the Covid and Killer Shot agendas you did no research and simply sucked up pseudo science and deliberate MSM garbage . You should be disgusted at your inept and dangerous performance .

You just don't follow Ukrainian media closely. There were a number of such predictions from Ukrainian officials.

I don't believe in a great Ukrainian offensive, and keep repeating that. Yes, the Russians learned from some of their mistakes and built a strong defensive. It is quite silly to try to break through it without at least parity in artillery, aviation, and air defence systems.

What I see now is just wasting of people and resources. That is appalling and can lead to bigger losses, if/when after these assaults the Russians will try to carry out their counter-offensive on weakened Ukrainian positions and brigades.

Reznikov and others should stop babbling about a victory and think how to cope with the current situation.
I don't see any other way to end this than to achieve victory since we know Putin cannot be trusted to abide by any agreement and since Ukraine's ability t defend itself relies so heavily on the enthusiastic support of its western allies, any ceasefires or other hesitations will only weaken that support and encourage the Russians. So the only alternative to victory is surrender.

To win battles and make a breakthrough, you don't need parity across the front lines, just superiority at the point of attack as we saw in last year's counteroffensive when the AFU was much weaker than it is today and Russia was much stronger than it is today.

The only reason the AFU is not advancing more rapidly are the enormous mine fields Russia has laid down to protect its positions. I have read Ukraine is suffering more casualties clearing mines than in actual combat with Russian forces. Clearly the mine fields is a technical problem that has to be solved before the offensive can move more rapidly. Once that problem is solved, there is no reason to doubt Ukraine will be able to recapture much of the occupied territory.

I don't see any other way to end this than to achieve victory since we know Putin cannot be trusted to abide by any agreement and since Ukraine's ability t defend itself relies so heavily on the enthusiastic support of its western allies, any ceasefires or other hesitations will only weaken that support and encourage the Russians. So the only alternative to victory is surrender.

To win battles and make a breakthrough, you don't need parity across the front lines, just superiority at the point of attack as we saw in last year's counteroffensive when the AFU was much weaker than it is today and Russia was much stronger than it is today.

The only reason the AFU is not advancing more rapidly are the enormous mine fields Russia has laid down to protect its positions. I have read Ukraine is suffering more casualties clearing mines than in actual combat with Russian forces. Clearly the mine fields is a technical problem that has to be solved before the offensive can move more rapidly. Once that problem is solved, there is no reason to doubt Ukraine will be able to recapture much of the occupied territory.
This current counter-offensive reminds me of the Kherson operation, but in a bigger scale. Almost the same terrain, fortified Russian positions, Russian reserves gathered there. The only thing that made the Kherson operation successful is vulnerability of Russian supply routes over the Dnieper. In this situation, the routes are much more protected.

'Much of the occupied territory'. And what this 'much' should mean? Melitopol-Berdiansk area, the whole South, Donbas, Crimea? Ukraine can't take back these territories without direct foreign involvement, that is clear. There won't be a direct foreign involvement because it will mean a NATO-Russia war. End of story.

I understand that in your view there are only two options - 'fight to the last Ukrainian' or 'surrender'. I don't accept any of that. It is not the first time I have heard that from 'a supporter of Ukraine'. And I think that such 'supporters' are even worse than Putinsuckers here. At least the latter ones were honest from the beginning.

This current counter-offensive reminds me of the Kherson operation, but in a bigger scale. Almost the same terrain, fortified Russian positions, Russian reserves gathered there. The only thing that made the Kherson operation successful is vulnerability of Russian supply routes over the Dnieper. In this situation, the routes are much more protected.

'Much of the occupied territory'. And what this 'much' should mean? Melitopol-Berdiansk area, the whole South, Donbas, Crimea? Ukraine can't take back these territories without direct foreign involvement, that is clear. There won't be a direct foreign involvement because it will mean a NATO-Russia war. End of story.

I understand that in your view there are only two options - 'fight to the last Ukrainian' or 'surrender'. I don't accept any of that. It is not the first time I have heard that from 'a supporter of Ukraine'. And I think that such 'supporters' are even worse than Putinsuckers here. At least the latter ones were honest from the beginning.
In fact, there is no other options and you know this or you would be discussing what it is instead of posting hysterical nonsense about how hopeless everything is.

At Kherson, the AFU was able to target Russian supply depots, making it difficult to supply front line troops, so this time the Russians moved their supply depots further back from the front lines, but with the arrival of the Strom Shadow missiles, Ukraine can and is blowing up Russian supply depots and troop concentrations nearly every day, and as long range French missiles begin to arrive, this action will intensify. What the Ukrainian soldiers are faced with today that they didn't have to deal with last year are enormous minefields which keep them from advancing to the Russian front lines. That is the only thing that is holding up the current counteroffensive.

There is absolutely no rational basis in fact or logic for stating the Ukraine cannot win without foreign troops entering the battlefield. Evry day Russia grows weaker because it lacks the industrial capacity to replace its battlefield losses and in unable to produce its most advanced weapons because it cannot purchase the electronics necessary from Europe and cannot produce them, itself, while every day Ukraine grows stronger because it is getting newer and better weapons from its allies.

Before you start lashing out hysterically at everyone else, you might keep in mind that it was the Ukrainians who decided to try to drive the Russians from their land and who pleaded and continue to plead to the West for weapons and sanctions to aid them, so if anyone is guilty of wanting to fight until the last Ukrainian, it is the Ukrainians, themselves, not Ukraine's western allies.

I understand thar it is difficult to watch Russian missiles fly into Odessa, but the fact is that is a sign of growing Russian weakness, not Russian strength. Because Russia has no access to international financial systems and foreign banks will not facilitate trade deals and ships carrying cargo to and from Russia cannot buy maritime insurance, Russia's foreign trade is almost nonexistent, so Putin is trying to look strong and extort sanctions relief by bombing civilian targets; but any sanctions relief means more money for Russia to pursue the war and that means more dead Ukrainians, so the answer is not to yield to Russia's demands but to move more and better air defense systems to Odessa.

Since you claim to know of an alternative to seeking victory, why not just spell it out rather than striking out at everyone else?

The man is deluded like his Nato backers.

In fact, there is no other options and you know this or you would be discussing what it is instead of posting hysterical nonsense about how hopeless everything is.

At Kherson, the AFU was able to target Russian supply depots, making it difficult to supply front line troops, so this time the Russians moved their supply depots further back from the front lines, but with the arrival of the Strom Shadow missiles, Ukraine can and is blowing up Russian supply depots and troop concentrations nearly every day, and as long range French missiles begin to arrive, this action will intensify. What the Ukrainian soldiers are faced with today that they didn't have to deal with last year are enormous minefields which keep them from advancing to the Russian front lines. That is the only thing that is holding up the current counteroffensive.

There is absolutely no rational basis in fact or logic for stating the Ukraine cannot win without foreign troops entering the battlefield. Evry day Russia grows weaker because it lacks the industrial capacity to replace its battlefield losses and in unable to produce its most advanced weapons because it cannot purchase the electronics necessary from Europe and cannot produce them, itself, while every day Ukraine grows stronger because it is getting newer and better weapons from its allies.

Before you start lashing out hysterically at everyone else, you might keep in mind that it was the Ukrainians who decided to try to drive the Russians from their land and who pleaded and continue to plead to the West for weapons and sanctions to aid them, so if anyone is guilty of wanting to fight until the last Ukrainian, it is the Ukrainians, themselves, not Ukraine's western allies.

I understand thar it is difficult to watch Russian missiles fly into Odessa, but the fact is that is a sign of growing Russian weakness, not Russian strength. Because Russia has no access to international financial systems and foreign banks will not facilitate trade deals and ships carrying cargo to and from Russia cannot buy maritime insurance, Russia's foreign trade is almost nonexistent, so Putin is trying to look strong and extort sanctions relief by bombing civilian targets; but any sanctions relief means more money for Russia to pursue the war and that means more dead Ukrainians, so the answer is not to yield to Russia's demands but to move more and better air defense systems to Odessa.

Since you claim to know of an alternative to seeking victory, why not just spell it out rather than striking out at everyone else?
A lot of wishful thinking on your part, the Ukrainians are being annihilated all those Western wonder waffen like leopard tanks are in flames, Zelensky and his puppet masters are drenched in blood both Ukrainian and Russian, the Kiev Regime will lose and with luck it will lead to the end of Nato.

Sorry, mate, but I don't always buy narratives pushed by Ukrainian officials and someone else. From time to time, I have an opportunity to listen to guys who take part in all that mess. And their stories are somewhat different from Reznikov's ones.

I will tell you even more. By my personal feelings (of course I can be mistaken) one more year of the war of such scale and intensity and Ukraine will face some internal 'shakes'. At least, I have already heard some wishes about mass protests to halt the active fighting. Something, unheard of a year ago.

I have never made a secret of my 'scenario'. The Korean model. Without foreign troops on the ground.

Sorry, mate, but I don't always buy narratives pushed by Ukrainian officials and someone else. From time to time, I have an opportunity to listen to guys who take part in all that mess. And their stories are somewhat different from Reznikov's ones.

I will tell you even more. By my personal feelings (of course I can be mistaken) one more year of the war of such scale and intensity and Ukraine will face some internal 'shakes'. At least, I have already heard some wishes about mass protests to halt the active fighting. Something, unheard of a year ago.

I have never made a secret of my 'scenario'. The Korean model. Without foreign troops on the ground.
The Korean model would not have been possible without US troop on the ground and a solid US commitment to defend SK if it is attacked. Those conditions are not possible in Ukraine, so how would the Korean model be possible?

The Korean model would not have been possible without US troop on the ground and a solid US commitment to defend SK if it is attacked. Those conditions are not possible in Ukraine, so how would the Korean model be possible?
Under the Korean model in the case of Ukraine I mean:
- freezing the active fighting on the current frontline and engineering and fortifying defence positions along it and the border with Russia to exclude any large-scale breakthrough seen in 2022.

- not signing any peaceful agreements with Russia and not recognizing any territorial concessions.

- 'security guarantees' from the US and some other NATO members concerning arms supplies, intelligence information, and training.

There is absolutely no rational basis in fact or logic for stating the Ukraine cannot win without foreign troops entering the battlefield.

TOOMUCHTIME
Aren't the two statements above in contradiction?

Under the Korean model in the case of Ukraine I mean:
- freezing the active fighting on the current frontline and engineering and fortifying defence positions along it and the border with Russia to exclude any large-scale breakthrough seen in 2022.

- not signing any peaceful agreements with Russia and not recognizing any territorial concessions.

- 'security guarantees' from the US and some other NATO members concerning arms supplies, intelligence information, and training.
First off, you can't end the active fighting unless Russia agrees to end the active fighting; otherwise Ukrainian forces would just be overrun, so you have to factor in what demands Russia would make to end the fighting. That means that even if you don't sign papers, you will have to negotiate and come to an agreement with Russia that will make the effective ceasefire line a de facto border, and Russia will promptly annex all Ukrainian territory on its side of the de facto border, declare it part of Russia, and move its short and intermediate nuclear missiles up to that border, posing an increased threat to some of the nations Ukraine is counting on for support. Another concern is that millions of Ukrainians who are not pro Russian will be forced to live under Russian rule and to endure the animosity of Russians and pro Russian Ukrainians.

But suppose Russia agrees to end the fighting and to allow the diminished state of Ukraine build barriers along the de facto border without interference and to drop its objections to the western allies arming Ukraine and providing security guarantees, when Bush was in the WH, Iraq had iron clad security guarantees and special access to the WH and Pentagon, but when Obama was elected, those guarantees were taken away. Obama said, it looks pretty peaceful over there, so there is no need for our troops to stay there or for there to be special access for the Iraqi government. What if some German president says, it looks pretty peaceful in Ukraine, so why deprive ourselves of cheap Russin oil and why not sell Russia dual use electronics it may use to build advanced weapons. There are no reliable long term security guarantees without membership in NATO, and Ukraine will never become a member unless it is able to drive the Russians from its land.

It's possible it would work, but if it doesn't, it would be very difficult to rebuild the coalition that is supporting Ukraine today.

Forum List

Back