Ukraine stunned with Biden's speech about Putin

This is a textbook "wag the dog" situation. Putin has become more and more unpopular at home, and his economy sucks balls.

We should provide the Ukraine with as many anti-tank weapons as possible.

Putin's illogic is profound. His aggression is going to push the Ukraine right into the arms of NATO.

Our economy is not doing great, a war might be just what the idiots want to ramp up the economy.

They are sending stuff to the area. Ships to the Black Sea, as in Spain's case maybe aircraft to Bulgaria.

You don't think Poland isn't shifting their active military to their eastern border and going over their mobilization plans?
Good comments and questions!
The kind of war you're suggesting is almost certainly a Nato bluff. It really has to be. Putin/Russia isn't going to capitulate to a bluff and Putin/Russia will bring on the response that is required.

Maybe America's military is confident it could stop all the incoming before it reaches the coasts.

Putin wants security of no Nato force directly on Russia's borders.
America, not Nato wants to reserve the right to do so.

What compromise position will prevent world war that Russia will need to become nuclear?

Good comments and questions!
The kind of war you're suggesting is almost certainly a Nato bluff. It really has to be. Putin/Russia isn't going to capitulate to a bluff and Putin/Russia will bring on the response that is required.

Maybe America's military is confident it could stop all the incoming before it reaches the coasts.

Putin wants security of no Nato force directly on Russia's borders.
America, not Nato wants to reserve the right to do so.

What compromise position will prevent world war that Russia will need to become nuclear?

You really think Germany and France what Russian troops closer to their borders?

You think the Baltic States want to be part of a Greater Russia?

Putin can go pound sand about NATO being too close to his borders. NATO is a defensive alliance only.

Putin thinks he can pull Sudetenland. He will say the land he is occupying isn't really Ukraine but Russian, and that he is merely protecting Russian people.

It's amazing that we have seen this before and are going down the same stupid path all over again.

All they need to do is meet in Munich and have Biden wave a paper around saying "peace in our time" to make this a bad science fiction show.

Good, we should not have US troops on the ground there.

All you fucking warmongers so tough and brave sitting in your heated homes behind your computers.

Go enlist and then I will take your stupid warmongering seriously.
I'm retired military. If I were still on active duty, my feelings would be the exact same. We need to push back against Putin as strongly as possible. And I would have no problem being at the tip of the spear again.

The comparisons to the Sudetenland are apt. Actually, Crimea was the Sudetenland. This is more akin to Hitler's invasion of Poland. It cannot be allowed.

What's funny is that most people don't know that Russia invaded Poland the same day Hitler did.

President Joe Biden raised alarm bells in Ukraine Wednesday after he appeared to downplay a potential "minor incursion" by Russia in the coming days or weeks, sowing doubts as to whether the U.S. and NATO allies will respond with force if Russia were to invade the neighboring country.

"I think what you're going to see is that Russia will be held accountable if it invades, and it depends on what it does, it's one thing if it's a minor incursion and we end up having to fight about what to do and not do, et cetera," Biden told reporters during a long, rambling East Room news conference.

"But if they actually do what they're capable of doing with the forces amassed on the border, it is going to be a disaster for Russia if they further invade Ukraine," he added, though his passive words didn't inspire confidence.

Later in the news conference, the president strangely predicted that Russian President Vladimir Putin "will move in" because "he has to do something."

I suppose the Ukraine is now mad at Biden, especially since they enriched his son Hunter will millions of dollars.

Ukraine stunned with Biden's speech about Putin​

I can get why they’d be upset with Joe Alzheimer Brandon’s babbling imbecility. But “stunned?” How is his dementia “stunning” anymore?

I'm retired military. If I were still on active duty, my feelings would be the exact same. We need to push back against Putin as strongly as possible. And I would have no problem being at the tip of the spear again.

The comparisons to the Sudetenland are apt. Actually, Crimea was the Sudetenland. This is more akin to Hitler's invasion of Poland. It cannot be allowed.

What's funny is that most people don't know that Russia invaded Poland the same day Hitler did.

Russia invaded them 2 weeks after, not the same day. It was their excuse that since Poland was dead due to Germany winning, they had to "protect their borders"

Soviet invasion of Poland - Wikipedia

The thing is your boy in the White House ain't gonna do dick to stop Putin, and he gladly telegraphed it to the whole world.

Russia invaded them 2 weeks after, not the same day.
I stand corrected. Thank you. Nevertheless, most people are ignorant that both Russia and Germany invaded Poland.

As for Biden being "my boy", that is about as far from the truth as it gets.

Exactly. As I said before, Biden doesn't have the balls to put US troops on the ground.
Weren't you one of the people who bragged that Trump didn't get us into any wars?

What makes you think he would put boots on the ground in Ukraine were he re-elected?

I stand corrected. Thank you. Nevertheless, most people are ignorant that both Russia and Germany invaded Poland.

As for Putin being "my boy", that is about as far from the truth as it gets.

In our Binary system, that's the way it works. You NeverTrumpers threw in with either Biden and the Dems or wasted your votes on third party candidates.

Welcome to your world.

In our Binary system, that's the way it works. You NeverTrumpers threw in with either Biden and the Dems or wasted your votes on third party candidates.

Welcome to your world.
Nope. Horrible illogic on your part.

I threw in with the Libertarians.

Voting for the "lesser of two evils" still means you are voting for evil. I will not do that.

If the GOP ever wants my vote again, they need to put actual solutions to our actual problems on the table. All they are capable of doing these days is whining about other people's ideas.

Pathetic.

Exactly. As I said before, Biden doesn't have the balls to put US troops on the ground.
With falling poll numbers he might be persuaded to do so.

Question is, who is pulling his strings? He obviously is not in control.

Why can't the old Soviet satellite countries form their own version of NATO?

Because even then they don't have the forces to content with Russia.

They need the US as a stick, even Germany and France's militaries are a shell of their former selves.

They drew down during the 2000's and 2010's thinking the US's forces are enough, and well. whoops.

Nope. Horrible illogic on your part.

I threw in with the Libertarians.

Voting for the "lesser of two evils" still means you are voting for evil. I will not do that.

You did more than vote by omission for Biden, you regularly throw in with their side on this board, with every crazed Trump post, or response to crazed Trump post.

Since in your view anything Trump is tainted, you are left with the SJW idiots, the Deep State dipshits, and the Progressive grifters. Lovely company.

And now we see the end result, Afghanistan shitting to bed, and two Authoritarian countries licking their chops.

Hell you probably don't even fit in with the real Libertarians, most of them are unashamed Isolationists.

You did more than vote by omission for Biden, you regularly throw in with their side on this board, with every crazed Trump post, or response to crazed Trump post.
As I have explained countless times, I am trying to clean up my party of origin. The Democrats can go fuck themselves.

Now let's apply your TardLogic™ in the other direction. A liberal could claim that by not voting for Biden, I threw in my lot with Trump.

And that claim would actually be less fallacious since libertarianism is much more closely aligned with Trump than with Biden.

As I have explained countless times, I am trying to clean up my party of origin. The Democrats can go fuck themselves.

Now let's apply your TardLogic™ in the other direction. A liberal could claim that by not voting for Biden, I threw in my lot with Trump.

And that claim would actually be less fallacious since libertarianism is much more closely aligned with Trump than with Biden.

But you are anti-Trump, no matter what. It's all the occupies your mind. We can agree on 51% of things, but because I voted for Trump you want me purged from the party, which you think is still your party but it's not. Trump didn't change the party, the base of the party changed and Trump fed on that. You see him as a cause when he is actually an effect.

Parties change, but evidently you can't. I suggest going over to the Dems if they will have you.

In all fairness, the stuttering shit clown probably thinks Ukraine is a Caribbean island where substandard turquoise jewelry is made.... but there should be an intern in this feckless regime that can explain the situation to the dimwitted fuckup, between naps and shitting the bed.

Forum List

Back