CDZ Ukraine-Russia war LIVE: Boris Johnson pledges £1.3 billion as Putin’s ‘BRUTAL attack’ is ‘threatening peace’ in europe

peacefan

Gold Member
Mar 8, 2018
Amsterdam, Netherlands
Ukraine-Russia war LIVE: Boris Johnson pledges £1.3 billion as Putin’s ‘BRUTAL attack’ is ‘threatening peace’ in europe
BORIS Johnson has pledged a further £1.3 billion to help Ukraine as Putin’s ‘brutal attack’ is ‘threatening’ peace in Europe.
Britain’s Prime Minister Boris Johnson said in a statement on Saturday that he would be pledging more military aid to support Ukraine.
A further 1.3 billion pounds ($1.6 billion), double its previous spending commitments will go to supporting Ukrainians.
Boris Johnson said: “Putin’s brutal attack is not only causing untold devastation in Ukraine – it is also threatening peace and security across Europe.”
The PM also stated that the UK was the first country to recognise the ‘threat’ and responded first.
The PM added: “The UK was the first country to recognise the scale of the threat and send arms to help the Ukrainians defend themselves.
“We will stand by that endeavour, working with our allies to ensure Ukraine can continue to push back the Russian invasion.”
The news comes as Russian forces have bombed a school in Luhansk causing two to die and up to 60 are feared to be dead as they remain under the debris.
Luhansk’s governor has said that two people were killed yesterday in a Russian bombing of a school.
Serhiy Gaidai said many people were sheltered in the building after the town’s bomb shelter had been destroyed earlier.
It is feared that around 60 people could have died as they remain under debris following the bombing, Reuters reported.
Follow our Russia-Ukraine live blog below for up-to-the-minute updates…

Local : 2022-05-08(Sunday) 10:30:15
Found via nicer.app/news
my opinion? well, tell those that ask, please : it's always good to be prepared for the worst. Johnson did another fine job, world. kudos.

Boris has always struck me as a strange guy, but his head is in the right place on this one.

Boris has always struck me as a strange guy, but his head is in the right place on this one.
*most* foreign policy decisions by The Brittish have struck me as strange, from the days of the first landings into North-America, even.
but they're not wrong to tell their criminals to expand their tiny very international empire of allied nations to into farming countries around the world.
hello, Australia. how are the real sugar sales doing? fine, i hope?
and the bananas? fine too? :)
pineapples are needed by all western kids too, you know. thank you for growing them, south of Cairns.
i was a bananna carrier dude there for a while. :)

As he leaves more and more people in the UK without food. No idea why he has chosen to destroy the people of the UK but I do not think it means his head is in the right place. This time people can neither afford food or heating for the winter and cooking and he uses these people's money to create war.

As he leaves more and more people in the UK without food. No idea why he has chosen to destroy the people of the UK but I do not think it means his head is in the right place. This time people can neither afford food or heating for the winter and cooking and he uses these people's money to create war.
Guess he wants to make sure there still is a UK.

Is that the view of a Braveheart Separatist or a Labourite?

Guess he wants to make sure there still is a UK.
This is an Eton man and many of his cabinet are also. This really is true he is making the most poor take the biggest burden and for the super rich they do not like other people get a rise in their tax. Check out the anarchy in the UK thread and you will find out more how people are pissed off.

This is an Eton man and many of his cabinet are also. This really is true he is making the most poor take the biggest burden and for the super rich they do not like other people get a rise in their tax. Check out the anarchy in the UK thread and you will find out more how people are pissed off.
Except for attending and graduating from Eton, that sounds like both parties over here, and I suspect it has always been that way, for the most part.

Since England get involved in the war that exposes them as well to the conflict already in progress.

That is his mistake.

Since England get involved in the war that exposes them as well to the conflict already in progress.

That is his mistake.
if they want to live in a free Europe, they are exposed already.

I have yet to see credible evidence that Putin was planning to go beyond Ukraine into Poland or other European nations.
I have seen no credible evidence, he was not. The fact that Russia has before on multiple occasions makes it a statitical probability that cannot be ignored, just because we are not in on his plan.
A great Senator from my state said it best:

I have seen no credible evidence, he was not. The fact that Russia has before on multiple occasions makes it a statitical probability that cannot be ignored, just because we are not in on his plan.
A great Senator from my state said it best:

It would be suicide on Russia's part if they attack a NATO supported country that collectively match them in military firepower easily.

It would be suicide on Russia's part if they attack a NATO supported country that collectively match them in military firepower easily.
Yep. Fred Thompson had another great quote in that film, a spooky one, I didn't like near as well.

Ukraine-Russia war LIVE: Boris Johnson pledges £1.3 billion as Putin’s ‘BRUTAL attack’ is ‘threatening peace’ in europe
BORIS Johnson has pledged a further £1.3 billion to help Ukraine as Putin’s ‘brutal attack’ is ‘threatening’ peace in Europe.
Britain’s Prime Minister Boris Johnson said in a statement on Saturday that he would be pledging more military aid to support Ukraine.
A further 1.3 billion pounds ($1.6 billion), double its previous spending commitments will go to supporting Ukrainians.
Boris Johnson said: “Putin’s brutal attack is not only causing untold devastation in Ukraine – it is also threatening peace and security across Europe.”
The PM also stated that the UK was the first country to recognise the ‘threat’ and responded first.
The PM added: “The UK was the first country to recognise the scale of the threat and send arms to help the Ukrainians defend themselves.
“We will stand by that endeavour, working with our allies to ensure Ukraine can continue to push back the Russian invasion.”
The news comes as Russian forces have bombed a school in Luhansk causing two to die and up to 60 are feared to be dead as they remain under the debris.
Luhansk’s governor has said that two people were killed yesterday in a Russian bombing of a school.
Serhiy Gaidai said many people were sheltered in the building after the town’s bomb shelter had been destroyed earlier.
It is feared that around 60 people could have died as they remain under debris following the bombing, Reuters reported.
Follow our Russia-Ukraine live blog below for up-to-the-minute updates…

Local : 2022-05-08(Sunday) 10:30:15
Found via nicer.app/news
my opinion? well, tell those that ask, please : it's always good to be prepared for the worst. Johnson did another fine job, world. kudos.
This sounds like the UK "standing by" Poland in 1939. Didn't do the Poles any good.

Except for attending and graduating from Eton, that sounds like both parties over here, and I suspect it has always been that way, for the most part.
Actually no. After WW2 when everyone had the vote and Labour got into Government and people got a chance to get on, Parliament on the left was full of people who had managed in some way to become effective. Union members and so on as well. On the Right I am sure when I was a child the Conservatives always had someone from the nobility. I believe it was some sort of rule. However by 1970 they had changed that. I don't think Edward Heath was of the aristocracy though he certainly had been brought up in a very rich family. Then the Conservatives had Thatcher and I might be wrong but I think this is the first time in a very long time that we have had one of them as PM. Our chancellor has£750 million. They understand everyone else not at all. Can't eat and keep warm then get an extra job they say. You know while writing this and having to think about things to some extent I think you are right as far as the Tories are concerned. Even if they are not PM there would still be very posh people there.

But the 70'ss and 80's was a time when ordinary people were in Parliament and that was good and created many of the things which made this time a time of high social mobility. Since Thatcher the social mobility has stopped and in the main new people in the Labour Party are middle class and much the same as the Tories (apart of course for Corbyn). I don't know if you have seen the thread on Liverpool football club booing the National Anthem and Prince William but I think I am beginning to understand why they did. I think despite not having an aristocracy that what happened in the US was similar to what happed in the UK. Social mobility remains at virtually nil.

Sounds like you are not aware of the present.
I am, I live in Southern Scotland and Northern England It's just that I'm aware that both main parties are as bad as each other and I'm not silly enough to spout immature rhetoric against the one that I'm "alleged" to hate to keep friends and family happy.

The SNP are out of touch and I find in general, the Scottish are very delusional and out of touch, they're not the brightest of nations, but a one that posted the worst deficit for an EU country for over 13 years in a row.

But back to the thread topic. Scotland won't mind Boris sending £1.3b in aid to Ukraine because us English pay for the Scottish too. Scotland is a poor nation, hence why they joined the union, and as their public IQ has declined, they believe they can survive on their own.

Forum List

Back