Ukraine forces enter Lyman, Kyiv says Russian troops surrounded

toomuchtime_

Gold Member
Dec 29, 2008
KYIV, Oct 1 (Reuters) - Russia said on Saturday its troops had abandoned their bastion of Lyman in Ukraine's east for fear of encirclement and the leader of Chechnya, a close Kremlin ally, said Moscow should consider using a low-yield nuclear weapon in response.

The fall of the town is a major setback for Moscow after President Vladimir Putin proclaimed the annexation of the Donetsk region, along with three other regions, at a ceremony on Friday that was condemned by Kyiv and the West as a farce.

"Allied forces were withdrawn from the settlement of ... Lyman to more advantageous lines because of the creation of the threat of encirclement," Russia's Ministry of Defence said.

The statement ended hours of official silence from Moscow after Kyiv first said it had surrounded thousands of Russian troops in the area and then that its forces were inside the town of Lyman.

Ramzan Kadyrov, the leader of Chechnya who describes himself as a foot soldier of Putin, said he was unable to remain silent after Moscow abandoned the territory, which the Kremlin had proclaimed to be part of Russia just a day earlier.

Just yesterday, Putin declared this was a part of Russia, so will he act as if this were an invasion of Russia proper or will he just crawl off with his tail between his legs like a dog that has been beaten?

What is interesting is that Lyman is located on the territory that was officially annexed by Russia yesterday. So, the Putin regime should respond to that somehow, otherwise what was all that for?

What is interesting is that Lyman is located on the territory that was officially annexed by Russia yesterday. So, the Putin regime should respond to that somehow, otherwise what was all that for?
Is Ukraine wanting Russia to respond with nukes.

he just crawl off with his tail between his legs like a dog that has been beaten?
yes
Moscow horde´s war record :-

1856 defeated by Britain and France

1905 defeated by Japan

1917 defeated by Germany

1920 defeated by Poland, Finland, Estonia and all Baltic states

1939 defeated by Finland

1969 defeated by China

1989 defeated by Afghanistan

1989 defeated in the Cold War.

1996 defeated by Chechnya

2022 defeated by Ukraine

WW2 won USA/Britain , meanwhile Stalin's officers were shot or sent to the Gulags. Millions went to the Gulags, including Solzhenitsyn

Moscow's only victories come from invading smaller countries :-

a) Hungary 1956

b) Czechoslovakia 1968

c) Moldova 1992

d) Georgia 2008

Interesting, what kind of answer do you expect?
That appeared to be what you were saying in your post I replied to. Ukraine is wanting to push Russia to the brink with no thought to how a Russia on the brink will act but full knowledge they have said it will be nukes.

That appeared to be what you were saying in your post I replied to. Ukraine is wanting to push Russia to the brink with no thought to how a Russia on the brink will act but full knowledge they have said it will be nukes.
No need for so many words. You could have said 'Stop provoking Russia'. It is what I have been hearing from your ilk for more than seven months.

No need for so many words. You could have said 'Stop provoking Russia'. It is what I have been hearing from your ilk for more than seven months.
And you’ve consistently failed to listen just as have the corrupt leaders in the west.

Can’t fix stupid.

Interesting, what kind of answer do you expect?

You need to learn that Putin rattles his saber because he knows he is losing.

And you’ve consistently failed to listen just as have the corrupt leaders in the west.

Can’t fix stupid.
1664648606534.png

Can’t fix stupid.
Is the special military operation going on according to a plan, Yuri?

When you say "it will be nukes" you've said nothing unless you specify how nukes will be used.

Do you mean Putin will go on threatening to use nukes?
Who cares?

Do you mean Putin will use tactical nukes against military targets?
That will not change the course of the war since Russia already has the means to destroy all the military targets it can find with conventional weapons.

Do you mean Putin will launch a massive nuclear attack on civilian targets killing millions or tens of millions of Ukrainians?
This would make Russia a pariah state for the foreseeable future, making it impossible for the Russian economy to survive.

Do you mean Putin will launch a nuclear attack on NATO countries that mean the end of Russia as a nation?
Well. that would prove that Putin is insane as well as stupid.

But since Putin only hinted that he might use nukes if faced with an existential threat to Russia, which has always been Russian nuclear policy and since the Russian losses in Ukraine don't qualify as an existential threat to Russia, there is no rational basis for bringing the possibility of a nuclear response from Putin.

Of course not but I am sure from your posts and this thread that you are.
No, you're not. There is nothing in any of my posts to suggest I want to see nukes used but for months now you have been suggesting that Putin might use nukes and you even argued a little while ago that Russia might "win" a nuclear war with NATO and you have recently suggested that Putin ought to nuke the UK for not inviting him to the Queen's funeral and now again you suggest Putin will use nukes when there is no rational basis for thinking so.

Forum List

Back