Ukraine: Biden State Department Preparing Partial Embassy Evacuation Amid Fears of Russian Invasion.

Weatherman2020

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2013
Right coast, classified
The Ukraine dilemma for the Ruskies started well before last year, same with North Korea and their love of ballistic missile projection.

The Ukraine dilemma for the Ruskies started well before last year, same with North Korea and their love of ballistic missile projection.
Riddle me this then.....Do you think that Trump would be getting involved with this mess given there is 0 upside for the US.....Discounting "The Big Man's" 10% of course.

Oh I suspect there would be some diplomatic outreach but at the end of that I suspect he would let the EU deal with their own dirty laundry.

Riddle me this then.....Do you think that Trump would be getting involved with this mess given there is 0 upside for the US.....Discounting "The Big Man's" 10% of course.

Oh I suspect there would be some diplomatic outreach but at the end of that I suspect he would let the EU deal with their own dirty laundry.
Sure, Trump probably wouldn't get involved. So let's go through the scenario see if there's truly no upside.

Russia invades Ukraine. The US stays out of it. Europe now has a choice to make. Accept it as a fait accompli and also accept that the US can't be relied upon as a strategic partner. All the while all the Eastern European countries will know they are next if they don't come to some agreement with Russia. Net result the EU disappears and the US stops having any influence anywhere since it is shown they will fold the moment the chips are down. This more than likely causes China to go after Taiwan. The cold War starts again with the US having zero friends. And not one but 2 superpowers trying to expand their influence at the expense of the US.

That is the best case scenario.

Worst case and I think more likely it still ends up with mushroom clouds.

Sure, Trump probably wouldn't get involved. So let's go through the scenario see if there's truly no upside.

Russia invades Ukraine. The US stays out of it. Europe now has a choice to make. Accept it as a fait accompli and also accept that the US can't be relied upon as a strategic partner. All the while all the Eastern European countries will know they are next if they don't come to some agreement with Russia. Net result the EU disappears and the US stops having any influence anywhere since it is shown they will fold the moment the chips are down. This more than likely causes China to go after Taiwan. The cold War starts again with the US having zero friends. And not one but 2 superpowers trying to expand their influence at the expense of the US.

"Strategic partner", "friends", Shirley you gest....I know, don't call you Shirley. ;)

By and large the bulk of EU/NATO countries have been sucking at our teat and letting us do any heavy lifting for them for years, seldom living up to their agreed to .mil commitments but favoring more and more green and social programs instead. If they want to depend on the Soviets Russians to keep them warm at night then they get what comes with it.

Indeed, were it not for the former eastern block countries of Poland and the Czech Republic I'd be very comfortable with dissolving NATO altogether. Hell as far as that goes we can enter into separate agreements with the non-retarded members, what few of them there are.

"Strategic partner", "friends", Shirley you gest....I know, don't call you Shirley. ;)

By and large the bulk of EU/NATO countries have been sucking at our teat and letting us do any heavy lifting for them for years, seldom living up to their agreed to .mil commitments but favoring more and more green and social programs instead. If they want to depend on the Soviets Russians to keep them warm at night then they get what comes with it.

Indeed, were it not for the former eastern block countries of Poland and the Czech Republic I'd be very comfortable with dissolving NATO altogether. Hell as far as that goes we can enter into separate agreements with the non-retarded members, what few of them there are.
What agreement do you think Eastern European countries trust the US to keep. Since in your scenario the US quite simply abandoned them?

You can't have it both ways.

What agreement do you think Eastern European countries trust the US to keep. Since in your scenario the US quite simply abandoned them?

You can't have it both ways.
Well I was thinking of a US with competent leadership, not lead by Tater The Putz and his Band-O Turds....Sadly they will have to hold off the Soviets and wait three more years for that to happen. ;)

Russia is going to invade. They have their top line troops and aircraft poised, especially in Belarus, which is the closest border to Kiev.

Funny how in the past year we’ve gone from historical peace agreements in the Middle East and with North Korea and with the Russian bear and ChiComs remaining silent to now the ChiComs and Russian bear being on the brink of invading their neighbors and North Korea popping off rockets again.

Has something changed in the past year?

Ukraine: Biden State Department Preparing Partial Embassy Evacuation Amid Fears of Russian Invasion.
afb012922dAPC20220129094502.jpg

afb020422dAPR20220204044508.jpg

Funny how in the past year we’ve gone from historical peace agreements in the Middle East and with North Korea and with the Russian bear and ChiComs remaining silent

There was no peace agreements and NK did not stop missiles. China continued their March forward and were not on the brink of war prior to trump nor now.
I know republicanslove a war but let's not get your hopes to high before anything happens.

to now the ChiComs and Russian bear being on the brink of invading their neighbors and North Korea popping off rockets again.

True...we are fucked because we allowed the fucking potatoe head crook Biden in.

If we fight back the scenerio is worse..................China steps in to take advantage of the US "picking a fight with Russia"....Taiwan still goes and China becomes more aggressive in their grab of power and territory to protect the poor people from evil US. They have nothing to worry about with our traitor generals in who have already said that they would protect foreign powers from the US. China has been practicing wargames where, they step in after The US and RUSSIA start fighting.

Sen
As yet there has been no compelling reason given to justify more than a shrug of the shoulders over the faux Russian threat.
Sending wives and children home from embassy duty is the norm.

True...we are fucked because we allowed the fucking potatoe head crook Biden in.

If we fight back the scenerio is worse..................China steps in to take advantage of the US "picking a fight with Russia"....Taiwan still goes and China becomes more aggressive in their grab of power and territory to protect the poor people from evil US. They have nothing to worry about with our traitor generals in who have already said that they would protect foreign powers from the US. China has been practicing wargames where, they step in after The US and RUSSIA start fighting.
Biden isn't proposing a shooting war. Kind of takes your scenario out at the knees don't you think?

Sanctions, severe, crushing sanctions is what is on the table. That and what comes down to a lend-lease arrangement with the Ukraine.

I don't mind playing out these scenarios but not starting from a premise that's been actively ruled out would help.

Biden is a moron. Sending 3,000 troops to Eastern Europe and putting another 8,500 on "high alert" is an empty gesture that does nothing but put us in a position to have our bluff called and look weak and stupid again.

Biden is a moron. Sending 3,000 troops to Eastern Europe and putting another 8,500 on "high alert" is an empty gesture that does nothing but put us in a position to have our bluff called and look weak and stupid again.
Actually attacking a member of NATO like Poland means the US will respond. They are REQUIRED to do so by law. Something that is a direct consequence of having a treaty ratified by Congress as the NATO charter is.

Those 3000 troops are simply a reminder of that fact to Putin.

Ukraine isn't of course, so the US will not go in and the consequences proposed are sanctions.

Funny how in the past year we’ve gone from historical peace agreements in the Middle East and with North Korea and with the Russian bear and ChiComs remaining silent to now the ChiComs and Russian bear being on the brink of invading their neighbors and North Korea popping off rockets again.

Has something changed in the past year?

Forum List

Back