UFOs: I want to go on record right now.

Perhaps I should have said at that time it was said there was no way for humans to ever break the sound barrier.

Breaking the Sound Barrier | The Greatest Moments in Flight​

the difference is that that was a belief back then. there never was any reason to actually state for a fact that it couldn't be done. There is proof that nothing other than certain quantum particles under extreme conditions can travel faster than light.

No, how did you come up with that? I'm not even talking about religion.

No. I'm sure that somewhere in this universe, there is at the very least one other planet that has intelligent life. What I don't believe is that they have visited us. Mainly because it's impossible.

How? Are you just wishing or do you have any reasoning behind your belief?

How do you know that WE are not the most advanced life in the universe? Of all the (according to you) millions of worlds with intelligent life, someone has to be #1. How do you know we aren't the most advanced?
Well, God has been to every part of the universe and knows everything. He would cease to be God if he didn't know everything about the physical realities of the universe.
Who says God hasn't visited us and in a space ship? Anyways, why can you say it is impossible for far superior being to be able to travel across the universe? Maybe we have been visited by beings from withing our own galaxy. Maybe dark matter has a way to interact with certain modes of power to warp space or move along a worm hole or something. I like the statement by the aliens in the movie "Contact" where they have been using that traveling system for millions of years. It's not possible now but to say impossible?

That's not really an argument. the two are not the same. Apples to oranges. No one's talking about God or religion.
Not at all! You claim that it's scientifically impossible for beings from other galaxies or our own to travel to earth. Do you also claim scientifically men can become women? Neither is based on science. They are based on ideology and feelings. So, why not bring God into the discussion?

Despite the recent sightings, and despite the fact that Congress will gather to discuss UFOs, I will state right now that we are NOT being visited by alien spacecraft or alien beings. Are there UFOs? Have people reported seeing UFOs? Yes.

A UFO, remember, is any flying craft that you cannot identify. So yeah, there are UFOs. They haven't been identified but that does not mean they are from some alien civilization. An airplane flying overhead would be an unidentified flying object to some isolated tribe of humans who have never had contact with the outside world. Eventually we will identify what people report seeing now, unless of course they are lying.

We know that the laws of physics exist throughout the universe. Examinations of the furthest galaxies can be examined and have shown to be following the same laws of physics. thus, we can reasonably assume that, just as here, nothing can exceed the speed of light. If you are going to come at me with "worm holes", know that they guy who came up with the theory, Stephen Hawking, changed his mind on them before his death.

The distances are too great, and the number of possible sentient beings is too small.

It hasn't happened we haven't been visited, and it likely never will.
Doubters should do a little math. Light travels at 186,281 miles per second. If a laser could shoot a beam of light around the equator of the earth, it would circle the earth 7 and one half times in one second. The nearest star to us is 4.3 light years away. The sustained speed of the fastest rocket we have ever launched is approx 38,000 miles per hour. At that speed, it would take a rocket over 52 million years to reach the nearest star and therefore the nearest possible planet with life.

UFO's are real; aliens flying them ain't!

Well, God has been to every part of the universe and knows everything.

Of course.

He would cease to be God if he didn't know everything about the physical realities of the universe.

Sure

Who says God hasn't visited us and in a space ship?

I say he hasn't. Why would God need a space ship? Show me where in the Bible it states the even remote possibility that God rides in space ships.

Anyways, why can you say it is impossible for far superior being to be able to travel across the universe?

If you are talking about God here, I am sure he can travel or go anywhere he wishes. But I'm not nor have I ever been talking about God. If you aren't talking about God then I have already stated numerous reasons that it is impossible for anyone (except God) to travel faster than the speed of light.

Maybe we have been visited by beings from withing our own galaxy.

We haven't.

Maybe dark matter has a way to interact with certain modes of power to warp space or move along a worm hole or something.

Maybe, but the nature of Dark Matter doesn't even imply using it to travel. Worm holes are a theory that Steven Hawking thought about for a while and then after much thought, he renounced it.

I like the statement by the aliens in the movie "Contact" where they have been using that traveling system for millions of years. It's not possible now but to say impossible?

Many people share your belief, and even if it's possible there is as of yet no evidence of that happening.

Not at all! You claim that it's scientifically impossible for beings from other galaxies or our own to travel to earth.

It is.

Do you also claim scientifically men can become women?

Again, apples to oranges. that's not a relevant connection and the two are not in the slightest way related. Also, according to actual science, a man cannot become a woman or vice versa.

Neither is based on science. They are based on ideology and feelings. So, why not bring God into the discussion?

Dude you are way off the rails here. Why not bring God into the discussion? Why not bring pizza into the discussion? Why not bring a 1959 Corvette into the discussion?

Because they don't have anything to do with the discussion. The existence of God does not prove the existence of Aliens.

Doubters should do a little math. Light travels at 186,281 miles per second. If a laser could shoot a beam of light around the equator of the earth, it would circle the earth 7 and one half times in one second. The nearest star to us is 4.3 light years away. The sustained speed of the fastest rocket we have ever launched is approx 38,000 miles per hour. At that speed, it would take a rocket over 52 million years to reach the nearest star and therefore the nearest possible planet with life.

According to Einstein's theory, As an object travels closer and closer to the speed of light, it's mass increases thus requiring more and more power to accelerate, and when it gains that power and does accelerate, it's mass increases more. the cycle continues likely preventing anything from actually approaching light speed. As you pointed out, the nearest star is 4.3 light years away, even IF they attained light speed, it would take 4.3 years to get there.

The only real way to travel from habitable planet to habitable planet would be to find a way to get around having to travel at lightspeed. The solutions to that problem being suggested by people here and elsewhere are solutions made up by TV and the movies, with the exception of worm hole theories which Steven Hawking, the guy who first thought of them, later renounced.

Alpha Centauri is the name of that nearest star. Our scientists have been studying it for many many years. We have watched and listened to it. We have Scanned it and photographed it. With all that investigation and all that time, there remains no evidence of advanced life in that star system.

Interesting idea that for some unimaginable reason these " people" , perhaps millions of years ahead of us technologically, have not found alternatives to present propulsion ideas . When all of our ideas are based on physics that is only seconds old in comparison . So , try and remember that so called present theories are actually only just best working hypotheses at this point in time.You are falling into the standard trap of basing the future on present working principles and therefore limiting vision and change .Common error.

Despite the recent sightings, and despite the fact that Congress will gather to discuss UFOs, I will state right now that we are NOT being visited by alien spacecraft or alien beings. Are there UFOs? Have people reported seeing UFOs? Yes.

A UFO, remember, is any flying craft that you cannot identify. So yeah, there are UFOs. They haven't been identified but that does not mean they are from some alien civilization. An airplane flying overhead would be an unidentified flying object to some isolated tribe of humans who have never had contact with the outside world. Eventually we will identify what people report seeing now, unless of course they are lying.

We know that the laws of physics exist throughout the universe. Examinations of the furthest galaxies can be examined and have shown to be following the same laws of physics. thus, we can reasonably assume that, just as here, nothing can exceed the speed of light. If you are going to come at me with "worm holes", know that they guy who came up with the theory, Stephen Hawking, changed his mind on them before his death.

The distances are too great, and the number of possible sentient beings is too small.

It hasn't happened we haven't been visited, and it likely never will.
Einstein-Rosen bridge, aka wormhole.

As you pointed out, the nearest star is 4.3 light years away, even IF they attained light speed, it would take 4.3 years to get there
Only if your perspective of time is as an observer on earth.

If you are on a ship that travels AT the EXACT SPEED OF LIGHT, time stands still, FOR YOU.

At light speed, you can reach ANY POINT IN THE UNIVERSE INSTANTLY

Only if your perspective of time is as an observer on earth.

If you are on a ship that travels AT the EXACT SPEED OF LIGHT, time stands still, FOR YOU.

At light speed, you can reach ANY POINT IN THE UNIVERSE INSTANTLY
It takes longer than 4.3 years to get to the closest star. Unless you have some Star Trek like warp drive, then your trip will consist of accelerating to C for half the mission, then decelerating on the last half. Approximately.

You have no imagination and nor foresight. Glad you don’t work for any space agency or company. Stick to picking lemons 🍋

I find it hilarious that many of the people whom claim it's impossible for other species from other stars to come and visit here, or we to ever go there;
Are the same whom so quickly believed in Russian Collusion with Trump to steal the election from Hillary Clinton.

Nobody knows at this point. But we have trained fighter pilots claiming objects instantly accelerating to 13,000MPH, and making calculated changes in direction, with the Pentagon claiming 11 near misses.

You can ascertain those observations however you wish.
Not to mention they are tracked by radar at the same time, so can't claim the radar is "imagining things".

Retard, A rocket would run out of fuel long before it got there. There may be other means of traversing these distances.

That's not really an argument (Cougarbear). the two are not the same. Apples to oranges. No one's talking about God or religion.

Indeed, Cougarbear offered a brilliant argument. You simply cannot counter it so you attempt to toss it out. Very weak of you.

Apples compare exceedingly well to oranges as follow:

1. Both are fruits.
2. Both grow on trees, in the United States.
3. Both are roughly spherical and a few inches in diameter.
4. Both are delicious and healthy.
5. Both are inexpensive and commonly found and eaten.
6. One clever chemist did a spectrographic analysis of each and they are extremely close.
Other than that.......

Leftist-atheists incessantly DEMAND "proof" of God. Now you try to negate these constant harassing lies
demanding "proof of God." Many books have been written, providing abundant evidence. It does not go away
simply because you Leftist atheists reject it wantonly. Eighty-five percent of Nobel Laureates are believers, identifying
as Christians or Jews. Only a handful identify themselves as atheists.
That is compelling statistical evidence, but not on a par with the Anthropic Principle much less the insuperable statistics

of naturalistic polypeptide synthesis, which clearly renders naturalism utterly impossible.

It takes longer than 4.3 years to get to the closest star. Unless you have some Star Trek like warp drive, then your trip will consist of accelerating to C for half the mission, then decelerating on the last half. Approximately.
It takes ZERO seconds in your spaceship to get to Alpha Centauri if your spaceship is traveling exactly the speed of light.

Retard, A rocket would run out of fuel long before it got there. There may be other means of traversing these distances.
Rockets don't burn fuel for 99.999% of the trip in space.

Newtons Law of Motion: a body in motion will remain in motion unless acted upon by an outside force. In space, once you agt to a speed you coast all the way to the star.

Rockets don't burn fuel for 99.999% of the trip in space.

Newtons Law of Motion: a body in motion will remain in motion unless acted upon by an outside force. In space, once you agt to a speed you coast all the way to the star.
Really? lol. My 7th grade science project was on why rockets were no good for space travel.

Forum List

Back