Uber, Lyft say they'll leave May 1 after Minneapolis City Council overrides Frey veto

AMart

Diamond Member
Dec 29, 2020
Phucked around and found out! LOL

Uber said it will leave the entire metro, including the airport. Lyft said it would cease operations in Minneapolis May 1, when the ordinance takes effect.
Rideshare giants Uber and Lyft said they will leave Minneapolis on May 1 after the City Council voted Thursday to enact a pay raise for drivers.

The council voted 10 to 3 to override Mayor Jacob Frey's veto of the ordinance, which sets drivers' minimum pay for rides in the city starting May 1.

In statements after the vote, Uber said it will "stop operating a transportation network in the entire metro area including the airport," and Lyft said it will be "shutting down operations in Minneapolis."

The vote was met with cheers from an organized group of drivers, and council members who support the plan declared it a victory for workers and scoffed at the ride-hailing companies' threats. Meanwhile, a forlorn Frey said, "We've got a lot of work to do" to prepare for a city without Uber.

One interesting note about this is when Uber and Lyft first came to America. A lot of folks expected a taxi drivers to protest but they did nothing. And it just goes to show you that the taxi drivers are not what they used to be. They’re mostly Indians and Arabs are mostly immigrants now and so they had no pushback. It wouldn’t have been like this if this was the 1950s.

Now I understand that for some people workers asking for raises is something they don’t like. I get it, but I hope that Republicans can understand this position from another angle which they might understand. Illegal immigration, and how it affects the American workplace. And how cooperations are taking advantage of illegal immigrants.

That’s why Walmart has success. They hire tons of illegals who don’t speak English. Who are easy to control like slaves. So that’s why you don’t see workers at Walmart demanding better wages, or whatever. And it creates a negative effect for the entire economy.

My position is Democrats and even Republicans want to import and hire a bunch of illegals because they know they are easy to control. They know that they will wipe out any 3rd generation plus Americans who might demand a raise in their wages.

My position also comes from personal experience working for Uber. Did 5000 rides for the company and then I was fired for no reason because they believe some left-wing piece of crap customer who lied about getting a bad ride just to get a free ride.

This is part of the big problem with rich and food delivery companies. There’s plenty of cases of customers lying about not getting their food or about getting a bad ride. Also, they can get a free meal or a free ride. These people are disgrace to America, and they put people out of jobs.

In any event, these companies and food delivery companies have lowered their pay over the years. Imagine that their stocks are soaring companies are making billions of dollars. The companies like Uber. DoorDash are doing better today than they were a few years ago but they have a lowered their pay.

I’ve said it many times we need another Henry Ford who can make himself billions of dollars… but also enrich their workers. We don’t have it today.

Dashcam video released in case of murdered Pennsylvania Uber driver​

Uber and other left-wing companies also don’t have the back of their drivers. They don’t let them have dash cam cameras with easy access. There’s all sorts of hoops and ladders to get a dash cam if you’re a driver. And you can’t carry a gun in a lot of places in America, without having to go through hoops and ladders and get some kind of a permit. What you see in the video it was a result of that type of anti-Americanism from Uber and left-wing restrictions.

One interesting note about this is when Uber and Lyft first came to America. A lot of folks expected a taxi drivers to protest but they did nothing. And it just goes to show you that the taxi drivers are not what they used to be. They’re mostly Indians and Arabs are mostly immigrants now and so they had no pushback. It wouldn’t have been like this if this was the 1950s.

Now I understand that for some people workers asking for raises is something they don’t like. I get it, but I hope that Republicans can understand this position from another angle which they might understand. Illegal immigration, and how it affects the American workplace. And how cooperations are taking advantage of illegal immigrants.

That’s why Walmart has success. They hire tons of illegals who don’t speak English. Who are easy to control like slaves. So that’s why you don’t see workers at Walmart demanding better wages, or whatever. And it creates a negative effect for the entire economy.

My position is Democrats and even Republicans want to import and hire a bunch of illegals because they know they are easy to control. They know that they will wipe out any 3rd generation plus Americans who might demand a raise in their wages.

My position also comes from personal experience working for Uber. Did 5000 rides for the company and then I was fired for no reason because they believe some left-wing piece of crap customer who lied about getting a bad ride just to get a free ride.

This is part of the big problem with rich and food delivery companies. There’s plenty of cases of customers lying about not getting their food or about getting a bad ride. Also, they can get a free meal or a free ride. These people are disgrace to America, and they put people out of jobs.

In any event, these companies and food delivery companies have lowered their pay over the years. Imagine that their stocks are soaring companies are making billions of dollars. The companies like Uber. DoorDash are doing better today than they were a few years ago but they have a lowered their pay.

I’ve said it many times we need another Henry Ford who can make himself billions of dollars… but also enrich their workers. We don’t have it today.
You're partially right, but the problem in this case comes from your beloved Republican Party and America's rightwing.

As far as the customer who got you canned, that's just protection on your part.

You'd be wise to expand your mind a little bit and get closer to the truth.

You're partially right, but the problem in this case comes from your beloved Republican Party and America's rightwing.

You both are wrong. Minnesota has had a huge moslem population artificially moved there. Most the taxi drivers are moslems.

The city council is controlled by radical democrats.

Favoring one group of people, illegal aliens, moslems, is the hallmark of the democrat party. That and being bribed, both in play here.

No illegals work at the stores where I live.

You both are wrong. Minnesota has had a huge moslem population artificially moved there. Most the taxi drivers are moslems.

Favoring one group of people, illegal aliens, moslems, is the hallmark of the democrat party. That and being bribed, both in play here.
Uber and Lyft are screwing their drivers nationwide.

Snap out of your partisan stupor!

What a load,Muslims are no worse than Christians or atheist drivers. The power struggle is between non-Uber and Uber, the free market will fill the void left by their leaving the market.

Uber and Lyft are screwing their drivers nationwide.

Snap out of your partisan stupor!
The taxi industry used to have and may still have a medallion system. That is to own a medallion you had to pay a steep price for it. And you charged a set price resolved from a negotiation of union or whatever type of association they had. It could be expensive for customers. How much could one afford? Or afford for convenience. When going into inner city areas, there are people who are wary.

The taxi industry used to have and may still have a medallion system. That is to own a medallion you had to pay a steep price for it. And you charged a set price resolved from a negotiation of union or whatever type of association they had. It could be expensive for customers. How much could one afford? Or afford for convenience. When going into inner city areas, there are people who are wary.
What are you saying?

These are weasel words.

You agree with Uber and Lyft, or not?

Ride a bus, a bike or walk.

Marxists. They view somalis as "oppressed" thus the dumb law. Stay out of it and let the market operate freely.

What a load,Muslims are no worse than Christians or atheist drivers. The power struggle is between non-Uber and Uber, the free market will fill the void left by their leaving the market.
The only load is between those two ears of yours, who made a comparison of christians to moslems?

Of course, the moslems do have a history of refusing to drive, christians, there is that.

Democrats don’t care about the middle class, there about blm race division, boys getting a sex change etc…. whether or not they actually believe in it who knows …some of them just engage in this type of politics for money.

No honest person would vote for Democrats. These Republicans are usually the best choice. It’s unfortunate but that’s what it’s come down to.

Phucked around and found out! LOL

Uber said it will leave the entire metro, including the airport. Lyft said it would cease operations in Minneapolis May 1, when the ordinance takes effect.
Rideshare giants Uber and Lyft said they will leave Minneapolis on May 1 after the City Council voted Thursday to enact a pay raise for drivers.

The council voted 10 to 3 to override Mayor Jacob Frey's veto of the ordinance, which sets drivers' minimum pay for rides in the city starting May 1.

In statements after the vote, Uber said it will "stop operating a transportation network in the entire metro area including the airport," and Lyft said it will be "shutting down operations in Minneapolis."

The vote was met with cheers from an organized group of drivers, and council members who support the plan declared it a victory for workers and scoffed at the ride-hailing companies' threats. Meanwhile, a forlorn Frey said, "We've got a lot of work to do" to prepare for a city without Uber.
You say this like it's a bad thing.

The best thing in the world would be if Uber and Lyft went out of business and never came back.

Democrats don’t care about the middle class, there about blm race division, boys getting a sex change etc…. whether or not they actually believe in it who knows …some of them just engage in this type of politics for money.

No honest person would vote for Democrats. These Republicans are usually the best choice. It’s unfortunate but that’s what it’s come down to.
Lyft and Uber drivers aren't the middle class. They are poor people who get scammed into thinking they are going to make a lot of money and usually don't.

Forum List

Back