UAE: Dubai hotel goes up in flames.

maybe some dude fell asleep smoking?
It's a Hotel so anything could have happened to start it, I'm just surprised at the degree of which this building is being going up. I would have expected it to be more contained by the sprinkler system. The building is so damaged I wouldn't be surprised if it collapses like the WTC.
Well it's only lasted 24 hours longer than both WTC towers...so I doubt it will collapse straight down into its own footprint like the WTC conveniently did.
Actually it looks like it's listing now.
Is it going to list directly into its own foot print?

Authorities seem to be careful not to speculate but twitter from people there have mentioned an explosion and that someone from ISIS have claimed credit.
It might just be an opportunist or false chatter. More info will be forthcoming in the nest hours and days.

Not like ISIS has not attacked hotels before or tried to carry out terrorist attacks elsewhere this new years. Threats across europe have people on high alert.

We shall see.
Hotels are easy soft targets but until the authorities say what started it we probably won't know. It will take a few days just to get his to cool off before they can even get in to investigate.

i would assume that all of those braindead Obama supporters who work in the Sears(aka, Wills) Tower have evacuated just in case the fire spreads.

I'm sitting here watching this and wondering how the hell this hotel goes up like a Roman Candle. Don't these people have a sprinkler system?

But hey the NYE fire works display will go off without a hitch. :)

It's disgusting and tragic on many fronts:
Witnesses and survivors say no alarms or sprinkler system in the hotel, no toll for how many died.
And they're going on with the fireworks show.
Fucking banana republic without the bananas.

Give it time I wouldn't be surprised if it does. Dubai is a major tourist attraction so it's probably a newer build than the WTC. Also bear in mind it didn't have a jet packed with fuel crash into it. It's also only 63 stories where the WTC was taller and had more weight.

More weight?

The WTC Fires were on the 92nd floor and above, meaning the fire only affected an 18 STORY BUILDING.

GOOD FUCKING GOD..are you people insane?
I meant the overall building (WTC) had more weight to support than this building. Don't forget the WTC was hit by a passenger plane and burned with Jet fuel. This building as far as I know was just a normal fire and no jet hit it. The jet hitting the structure of the WTC alone would have done major damage to the internal structure add the higher intensity burn of the jet fuel and there is not comparison to the hotel in Dubai.

I know what you mean but let's just back up a second.

1) Only 18 floors were effected by the plane impacts in 9/11 in the South Tower. So the weight being held up by 18 floors is much less than the weight of 91 floors supporting it.

Think of this just a moment, if you weigh 220 pounds, are you afraid that 36 pounds is going to collapse and crush you as you hold it above your head?

Absolutely not.

When a Semi Truck hits a VW Bug at high speed, does the Semi Truck explode into pulverized powder?

No. Even if your arms broke the object would just hit you in the head and bounce off.

Conclusion of point 1: The 18 floors that collapsed would have fallen off the WTC South Tower like the top of a wedding cake. Unless you believe the idiot architect built the WTC like a Jenga Puzzle? Which would be grossly STUPID.

2) The problem and violence of the impact wasn't contained to the impact floors, the whole damn building was falling apart. How the fuck does that happen?

I get it, you weren't there, much less, you never run into burning buildings.

But wanna know what? 2 floors beneath the fire floor is TRADITIONALLY considered the Staging area, because it is SAFE.

So what the hell was going on structurally within the WTC South Tower that caused the GROUND FLOOR to be a chaotic mess of EXPLODING ELEVATOR SHAFTS, Collapsing floors, and etc?

Conclusion to point 2: Either WTC was experiencing multiple attacks on multiple floors causing MASSIVE structural problems, or something VERY weird was happening such as the Core support was still intact and the whole superstructure was twisting like a tree breaking from root to crown.

3) Eye witnesses testify to these problems, that there were fires and smoke everywhere, that there were collapses internally all over the place. Different levels experienced different collapses in different stages. Jet fuel does not EXPLODE...so what was causing EXPLOSIONS? Gasoline EXPLODES...JET FUEL DOES NOT.

Question to 3: What was causing explosions?

I'm not fully convinced WTC was an inside job, but let's not kid ourselves, those planes unless something was massively wrong with the Structural composition of the WTC towers, would not have done what they did.

They would have set fire to the floors, collapsed the floors they impacted, and the tops of the WTC towers would have fallen off like cutting off the top of a tree.

When you cut the top of a tree off (when you crown a tree), it doesn't collapse the entire tree.

It's a Hotel so anything could have happened to start it, I'm just surprised at the degree of which this building is being going up. I would have expected it to be more contained by the sprinkler system. The building is so damaged I wouldn't be surprised if it collapses like the WTC.
Well it's only lasted 24 hours longer than both WTC towers...so I doubt it will collapse straight down into its own footprint like the WTC conveniently did.
Different build,different fire source,no damaged supports hit by a plane loaded with jet fuel,explosions probably from the kitchen the news said so damage at the base of the structure that you didn't have at the TWC, so no it's probably going a bit side ways.

Different build,different fire source,no damaged supports hit by a plane loaded with jet fuel,explosions probably from the kitchen the news said so damage at the base of the structure that you didn't have at the TWC, so no it's probably going a bit side ways.

What damaged supports?

What you're trying to tell me is that 95% of the Building was OK.

But because supports holding up 5% of the building were supposedly damaged, the whole thing came crashing down?

Explain that one.

Have you ever worked with very large objects that break? Like I asked, if you cut the top of a tree off, does the whole damn tree fall down?

The Dubai plan was for a series of fireworks to go off around the city. The hotel fire started just a bit before the fireworks were supposed to start and not far from where some the fireworks were set up.
People on the scene near the hotel have mentioned an explosion just before the fire started.

We will find out more in the next hours or days.

I just really can't emphasize this enough, if 95% of the WTC was strong enough to hold up 5% of the WTC, then how is it when that 5% loses support it destroys the other 95%?

95% of the WTC wasn't weakened by fire, wasn't weakened by explosion, wasn't damaged in anyway, so how does 5% of it, whose weight is supported by the 95% in the first place, suddenly a CATASTROPHIC failure of the whole fucking thing?

Massive Blaze Engulfs Luxury Hotel in Dubai

Massive Blaze Engulfs Luxury Hotel in Dubai
  • By JULIA JACOBO
Dec 31, 2015, 1:00 PM ET
rt_fire_dubai_hotel_jc_151231_12x5_1600.jpg
Ahmed Jadallah/Reuters
WATCH Massive Fire Engulfs Hotel in Dubai

A massive fire erupted at the Address Downtown Hotel in Dubai today - sending flames shooting into the sky ahead of the city's glitzy New Year's Eve celebration, the Dubai Media Office confirmed in a tweet.

The fire started on the 20th floor, according to the Dubai government. No injuries have been reported so far, the Dubai Civil Defense General said.

abc_fire_dubai_jc_151231_4x3_992.jpg
APTN
Fire engulfs a building identified by the Dubai Media Office as The Address Downtown Dubai hotel on Dec. 31, 2015.

The hotel was evacuated, and four teams of firefighters are currently on the scene and have controlled about 65 percent of the fire, according to the Dubai Civil Defense General. Internal fire extinguishers prevented the fire from spreading inside the building, the Dubai government said in a tweet.

dubai_map_640.jpg

The hotel fire is across the street from the location of the New Year's Eve fireworks show, billed to be “bigger than ever” this year with a 20-minute domino-effect firework display shooting from the entire length of the Burj Khalifa skyscraper, the tallest building in the world.

The show will go on as planned, the Dubai Civil Defense General said.

RT_dubai_fire1_ml_151231_4x3_992.jpg
Ahmed Jadallah/Reuters
People run away as a fire engulfs The Address Hotel in downtown Dubai in the United Arab Emirates Dec. 31, 2015.

The cause of the fire is still unknown, the government said.

RT_dubai_fire_ml_151231_4x3_992.jpg
Ahmed Jadallah/Reuters
A fire engulfs The Address Hotel in downtown Dubai in the United Arab Emirates Dec. 31, 2015

This is a developing story. Check back for updates.
Why didn't this tower collapse like the WTC towers straight into its own foot print all tidy like?

Crusader, this is because the UAE does not send 5 billion U S dollars per years to Israel only to have Israel sabotage their skyscrapers with flammable liquids and explosives....

"Yes Christ the Master spoke of wars and rumor. He left it up to us to find out the cause of war. The cause is the holy grail and the ark of the covenant. When the Christian finds this out along with the fact that Israel controls ALL American politicians and has since May 14 1948, the Christians walk with the Master becomes less burdensome."

(Feel free to quote me. Peace and growth and sorry for the trump/sanders supporters wanting to ban you, lewis)

Forum List

Back