U-Turn: Obama Backs Super Pacs...

Don't you think it would be stupid to let the Republicans' candidate use super-pac money and to not use it yourself. Honesty and integrity doesn't play into it.

The old "everybody is doing it" justification.

To allow the Republican's candidate to use the unlimited superpac funds while not utilizing the same would put him at a definite disadvantage. Frankly I think he'd rather take a hit on the psuedo-outrage the connies show(like Libo-Pauli) than not use them.

Never mind that Ron Paul is one of the biggest hypocrites out there when it comes to his "values". That guy will pork barrel with the best of them.

I see nothing inconsistent between criticizing a system and participating in it. Many of the Republican candidates have also criticized Super-PACs. However, it is true that Obama is now committing to a level of participation in the Super-PAC fundraising that he had previously indicated was out of bounds (Obama super PAC decision: President blesses fundraising for Priorities USA Action - Glenn Thrush - POLITICO.com).

Which leads us to ask: why? Setting aside paulitician's suggestion that Obama suffers from a serious mental disease, why would Obama reverse himself? Since he made the pledge we have seen two things: Super-PACs have played a huge role in the Republican contest, and Republican Super-PACs have drastically out-raised Democratic ones. I believe either or both of these convinced Obama that his original pledge (like his pledge to avoid certain interactions with lobbyists, or his pledge to accept public financing) was no longer practical.

If he was honest and had some integrity, he would not accept Super Pac assistance in any way. It really is that simple. And it is that simple no matter how much spin is invented for him.

And lose?

Oh yeah..good plan.

Yes, honesty and integrity require strength and conviction. If it means losing, than so be it.

Of course he backs them now, it's a reelection year and he can benefit from it. To him it is okay if he benefits from it, he just doesn't want anyone else to, especially opposition. Kinda like the whole elitist mentality, they will strive to get theres and once they do, they will pass legislation to prevent everyone else from getting it.

To allow the Republican's candidate to use the unlimited superpac funds while not utilizing the same would put him at a definite disadvantage. Frankly I think he'd rather take a hit on the psuedo-outrage the connies show(like Libo-Pauli) than not use them.

I'm not arguing the strategy of it, just pointing out his lying and hypocrisy.

What hypocrisy?

He is not for it. But if it is what the refs see as appropriate..then he's going to use it.

Simple as that.

He's not for it, he just does it.

I'm not for hitting my dog, but since it's legal, I'm gonna go home and slap old Fido around.

There's literally nothing Obama can do hyperpartisans like you won't have an excuse or defense for. Even lying, which is the case here.

What hypocrisy?

He is not for it. But if it is what the refs see as appropriate..then he's going to use it.

Simple as that.

:rolleyes: Very weak spin.

What hypocrisy?

Simple as that.

I'm not for hitting my dog, but since it's legal, I'm gonna go home and slap old Fido around.

There's literally nothing Obama can do hyperpartisans like you won't have an excuse or defense for. Even lying, which is the case here.

They're just Bots now. They are now perfectly willing to defend the indefensible if it helps Obama and Democrats get elected. They are soul-less. :(

I see nothing inconsistent between criticizing a system and participating in it. Many of the Republican candidates have also criticized Super-PACs. However, it is true that Obama is now committing to a level of participation in the Super-PAC fundraising that he had previously indicated was out of bounds (Obama super PAC decision: President blesses fundraising for Priorities USA Action - Glenn Thrush - POLITICO.com).

Which leads us to ask: why? Setting aside paulitician's suggestion that Obama suffers from a serious mental disease, why would Obama reverse himself? Since he made the pledge we have seen two things: Super-PACs have played a huge role in the Republican contest, and Republican Super-PACs have drastically out-raised Democratic ones. I believe either or both of these convinced Obama that his original pledge (like his pledge to avoid certain interactions with lobbyists, or his pledge to accept public financing) was no longer practical.

Because he has run short of his billion dollar goal and the republicans are catching up. It's the only thing I can think of. When you have Buddies like soros and the like willing to do what it takes to get you reelected why not go for the gusto!?

No one is forcing the man to accept Super Pac money. He can decline their funds anytime he chooses.

Well, he certainly can't run on his record. He must stoop to the lows of the Romney's and Gingrich's. if nothing else, he is showing us that our "democracy" is dead and the oligarchy runs the show.

Might as well vote penis in the upcoming election.

Which was his goal from the get go, remember him saying "Fundamentally change America"?.

The Obama-Bots can't allow themselves to see reality. This guy has said one thing but done another his entire Presidency. And his followers have been stuck defending the indefensible his entire three years in office. Spinning this one for him is pretty tough for even them though.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJjyxPvw0J8]Harry Reid's Magical Glasses Infomercial...Check It Out Now!!! - YouTube[/ame]

Never mind that Ron Paul is one of the biggest hypocrites out there when it comes to his "values". That guy will pork barrel with the best of them.

Nice, that's a good bold statement.

Can I have a link to him voting in favor of pork barrel spending? I don't need 10 or 20, just provide one instance of this happening.

Thanks.

Just another 'Hope & Change' bait & switch trick. His followers really are the biggest dupes in History. Apparently, they'll believe and defend anything at this point.

So you think he reversed his stance on Citizen United?

'Bait & Switch' people. 'Bait & Switch.' That's what 'Hope & Change' is all about. I'm still shocked so many Americans have fallen for it. It really is so perplexing.

The Obama-Bots can't allow themselves to see reality. This guy has said one thing but done another his entire Presidency. And his followers have been stuck defending the indefensible his entire three years in office. Spinning this one for him is pretty tough for even them though.

Really Libo-Pauli? Didn't he say he would attack al Queda in Pakistan? He did. So again you are lying about the President.

Reality is CU changed the game and the President really has no choice to go back on his word not to use those funds, unless he wants to let the republicans have a tremendous advantage.

Really Libo-Pauli? Didn't he say he would attack al Queda in Pakistan? He did. So again you are lying about the President.

Reality is CU changed the game and the President really has no choice to go back on his word not to use those funds, unless he wants to let the republicans have a tremendous advantage.

Still defending the indefensible. Go figure? Enjoy your day. See ya. :)

What hypocrisy?

Simple as that.

Not being willing to put his campaign at known disadvantage is not quite like brutalizing a dog.

Not being upset that his campaign is going to stump for the superpac is not Hyperpartisan. Well not like the partisanship the opposition has shown where the President of the United States is a Muslim/Marxist hell bent of the destruction of the nation.

What hypocrisy?

Simple as that.

Not being willing to put his campaign at known disadvantage is not quite like brutalizing a dog.

Not being upset that his campaign is going to stump for the superpac is not Hyperpartisan. Well not like the partisanship the opposition has shown where the President of the United States is a Muslim/Marxist hell bent of the destruction of the nation.

I think he was lying when he was pretending to have an issue with it during the last campaign. He's never been against it, he just lied to score politicial points.

Still defending the indefensible. Go figure? Enjoy your day. See ya. :)

I do not defend your lies.

I agree the President did not live up to his word on this. I understand why he did.

I think he was lying when he was pretending to have an issue with it during the last campaign. He's never been against it, he just lied to score politicial points.

I think that is your opinion. I don't agree with it. But it's possible.

Forum List

Back