U.S: The Greatest Country in the World.....

Malice

Aug 23, 2015
Almost daily, I hear someone say how the United States is the greatest country in the world. What's comical about this, is the fact that those making that claim have never even left the country, let alone their home state. I do agree that this country is in fact great, I'm just not so confident that it is the greatest. It's easy to establish an opinion on a country and its people without any real knowledge about their history or culture. Being that I've traveled to over 16 countries prior to my 30th birthday, I've come to realize a number of things about the American people (most anyway). There is a sense of entitlement within every race and culture in the states. Every American feels they are entitled to something, I'm not sure what, but they are entitled because of the fact that they are American. In most easter European countries I visited, I noticed that the majority of struggling lower and working classes were typically united in the fight against corporate greed. Here in America, the classes and cultures fight amongst each other, while the elite quietly conduct business to boost profits and essentially screw the lower and middle classes. A perfect example would be the astounding number of poor whites in southern states who truly believe that a billionaire like Donald Trump represents them and understands their needs and struggles. The same also applies to blacks and minorities who continuously vote democratic even though the DNC has proven time and time again that they only have one real agenda, wealth. I've also noticed that the majority of people in foreign countries are quite polite and eager to help others. Not in America, crudeness and incivility reign supreme. It's the culture of "I'm going to succeed, even if its at the expense of others. Fuck everyone else, as long as I prevail." Yet we continue to elect billionaire elitists in hopes of them representing the majority of working class Americans. I guess my major complaint is the fact that the average American will find a million things to complain about but will never recognize anything to be thankful for or try to make a change to better themselves. Again, if you're not happy, someone else better do something for you to better YOUR life.

I saw a 4 minute video on YouTube last year. I wanted to find it now and post it but I can't find it. It was an American who took the train from Copenhagen (Denmark) across the Öresund Bridge to Malmö (Sweden). It was a really shitty, rainy day so he left the Malmö rail station exit and stood in the parking lot filming the canal, the buses … and the drizzling rain. He spoke while the video camera recorded what he saw, only a few feet from the railway entrance. “Sweden is a crappy country“ (or words to that affect) “and it doesn't impress me.” Then he went back into the railway station and took the next train back to Denmark!

Almost daily, I hear someone say how the United States is the greatest country in the world. What's comical about this, is the fact that those making that claim have never even left the country, let alone their home state. I do agree that this country is in fact great, I'm just not so confident that it is the greatest. It's easy to establish an opinion on a country and its people without any real knowledge about their history or culture. Being that I've traveled to over 16 countries prior to my 30th birthday, I've come to realize a number of things about the American people (most anyway). There is a sense of entitlement within every race and culture in the states. Every American feels they are entitled to something, I'm not sure what, but they are entitled because of the fact that they are American. In most easter European countries I visited, I noticed that the majority of struggling lower and working classes were typically united in the fight against corporate greed. Here in America, the classes and cultures fight amongst each other, while the elite quietly conduct business to boost profits and essentially screw the lower and middle classes. A perfect example would be the astounding number of poor whites in southern states who truly believe that a billionaire like Donald Trump represents them and understands their needs and struggles. The same also applies to blacks and minorities who continuously vote democratic even though the DNC has proven time and time again that they only have one real agenda, wealth. I've also noticed that the majority of people in foreign countries are quite polite and eager to help others. Not in America, crudeness and incivility reign supreme. It's the culture of "I'm going to succeed, even if its at the expense of others. Fuck everyone else, as long as I prevail." Yet we continue to elect billionaire elitists in hopes of them representing the majority of working class Americans. I guess my major complaint is the fact that the average American will find a million things to complain about but will never recognize anything to be thankful for or try to make a change to better themselves. Again, if you're not happy, someone else better do something for you to better YOUR life.

Fine post. Anyone who travels will know exactly what you mean.

However --------------- paragraph breaks are the rest stops on the lexiographical highway.

Almost daily, I hear someone say how the United States is the greatest country in the world. What's comical about this, is the fact that those making that claim have never even left the country, let alone their home state.

I have been to Canada, the UK, Ireland, Germany, France, the Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg, Austria, the Dominican Republic, and I have personally seen the old East German frontier and got a good view of the guard towers and a patrol of border guards with dogs to make sure no one escaped that hell hole.

The United States is the greatest country on Earth gauged by GDP, the number of immigrants that risk their lives to come here to live, and by our liberties and rights.

You are an ignorant shit stain. But here is an opportunity to redeem yourself, fucktard.

What shared border between two countries is the farthest from both of their two capitals of any two nations on this Earth?

Answer me that and maybe you have the gray matter to discuss this issue, but I doubt it.

America is no where near the greatest nation on earth. People are deluded. MANY civilized nations around the world mostly in Europe are MUCH greater. They actually use the taxes people pay to actually care for the people! Imagine that! We are 1 of 2 nations in the civilized world that doesn't offer paid maternity leave. I can go on....this video says it quite well.

People are running to live in white majority countries

I've been to 20 nations.
America is the greatest nation in the world.

America is no where near the greatest nation on earth. People are deluded. MANY civilized nations around the world mostly in Europe are MUCH greater. They actually use the taxes people pay to actually care for the people! Imagine that! We are 1 of 2 nations in the civilized world that doesn't offer paid maternity leave. I can go on....this video says it quite well.

Notice the haters never tell us who they think is the greatest nation.
It's because they know their lying.
image.jpeg

The Educated Theorists have lost their power. Their stuff is great on paper but doesn't work in the real world.
Now that we have a President CEO running the country based more on constitutional freedom from government,watch how fast the economy grows as entrepreneurs rise.

Almost daily, I hear someone say how the United States is the greatest country in the world. What's comical about this, is the fact that those making that claim have never even left the country, let alone their home state.

I have been to Canada, the UK, Ireland, Germany, France, the Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg, Austria, the Dominican Republic, and I have personally seen the old East German frontier and got a good view of the guard towers and a patrol of border guards with dogs to make sure no one escaped that hell hole.

The United States is the greatest country on Earth gauged by GDP, the number of immigrants that risk their lives to come here to live, and by our liberties and rights.

You are an ignorant shit stain. But here is an opportunity to redeem yourself, fucktard.

What shared border between two countries is the farthest from both of their two capitals of any two nations on this Earth?

Answer me that and maybe you have the gray matter to discuss this issue, but I doubt it.

NZ & Australia?

Not directed at me but I am a trivia buff.

Fine post. Anyone who travels will know exactly what you mean.

However --------------- paragraph breaks are the rest stops on the lexiographical highway.
I've traveled to more than 50 countries during the past 60 years and have lived in 5 of them from 6 months to 10 years. At this point in time I would not trade the US for the rest of the countries in the world put together. Since the birth of the United States, the world has followed our lead until recently and many have tried to model themselves after our system. But times change and certain people in America have tried their best to destroy Freedom's Foundation. I hope they all die soon.

Without the US the rest of the world would fall into lawless, feudal murderous regimes with the Jihadists fulfilling the desires of the butchering pig, Mohammed. Our Progressive Liberals would blindly and eagerly follow them. All the way to the chopping block. Stupid fools.

So anyone here can pick out the shithole they want to survive in and hie your asses out of here. The rest of us will carry on the business of taking care of business.

P.S. RoccoR has a lot of International experience. Much more than I do.

And that's what makes this country great ---- people willing to go "ignorant shit stain". :eusa_clap:

Not that it's in any way related to the topic in any way on earth but off the top of my grey matter I'd go with US and Russia

View attachment 101915

There is no GREATEST NATION....its garbage. There are MANY nations better than America but no ONE nation is the greatest.

View attachment 101915

There is no GREATEST NATION....its garbage. There are MANY nations better than America but no ONE nation is the greatest.

And again the hater is terrified to name one.
image.jpeg

Greatness is a matter of perspective. An out of work 50 year old factory worker in the rust belt is likely to have a much different take on greatness than a Wall Street traders who has made a fortune. It really depends on whose shoes you're in.

Greatness is a matter of perspective. An out of work 50 year old factory worker in the rust belt is likely to have a much different take on greatness than a Wall Street traders who has made a fortune. It really depends on whose shoes you're in.
Yet there is nothing keeping people in an area with no jobs.
Touché.

View attachment 101915

Heartily agree. Nation A is "greater" in one area, Nation "B" in another. But the whole idea that this "greatness" thing can even be so quantified is ridiculous. That's naught but argument from emotion.

Forum List

Back